Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges (3696 Views)

Estimates For Construction Of A 3 Bedroom Contemporary Bungalow In Rural Enugu / Quantity Of Cement To Set 3500 Blocks For A Fence / Building A 4 Flats Of 3 Bedroom House At Emene Enugu. Costs And Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges by spyder880(m): 10:16am On Jan 30, 2018
Hello Friends, I just decided to open this thread to document this short work which we did on the side, a land fencing project for a Nairalander in Enugu state. The site is in Awgu, Enugu state. The project details are as follows;

Project: Building a fence on one plot of land
Project Location: Awgu Local government, Enugu state
Client: A nairalander
Contractors: Tigerkenn Homes Ltd
Project duration: 14 days
Budget: N1,427,000.00
Re: Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges by spyder880(m): 11:30am On Jan 30, 2018
We first had to uproot all the trees on the fence line, and other trees too tall as to pose a danger to the fence....

Re: Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges by spyder880(m): 2:23pm On Jan 30, 2018
Cutting up the wood to make removal easy......

Re: Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges by whirlwind7(m): 3:04pm On Jan 30, 2018
spyder880:
We first had to uproot all the trees on the fence line, and other trees too tall as to pose a danger to the fence....

No one on hand to suck out the final drops of nkwu enu from those palm trees? cry
This is painful.

2 Likes

Re: Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges by spyder880(m): 5:59pm On Jan 30, 2018
whirlwind7:

No one on hand to suck out the final drops of nkwu enu from those palm trees? cry
This is painful.

It was sad, nobody seemed to be interested in the fermented wine. cheesy
Re: Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges by spyder880(m): 6:00pm On Jan 30, 2018
The compound we are going to fence, more trees removed......

Re: Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges by spyder880(m): 6:05pm On Jan 30, 2018
The next thing is the excavations along the lines we were shown.......

Re: Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges by spyder880(m): 6:11pm On Jan 30, 2018
This land is very uneven, so we cut steps as we excavate, this will make the fence walls stepped at the end......

Re: Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges by spyder880(m): 6:14pm On Jan 30, 2018
Meanwhile we have been offloading cement, sand, stone, and even water. Buying a tanker of water is the only way of getting water here as there is no well here yet.

Re: Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges by spyder880(m): 6:17pm On Jan 30, 2018
We bought the solid blocks, but my client preferred the hollow blocks of same 6, so had I had to go back and buy them......

Re: Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges by spyder880(m): 6:20pm On Jan 30, 2018
Bringing in more blocks......

Re: Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges by spyder880(m): 6:21pm On Jan 30, 2018
Offloading a tanker load of water on site.....

Re: Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges by spyder880(m): 6:23pm On Jan 30, 2018
For the excavated portions, concrete blinding. ......

Re: Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges by spyder880(m): 6:26pm On Jan 30, 2018
Then we started laying blocks on the concrete blinding......

Re: Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges by Rubbiish(m): 6:29pm On Jan 30, 2018
spyder880:
We bought the solid blocks, but my client preferred the hollow blocks of same 6, so had I had to go back and buy them......
What is the size of d plot sir? It looks quite big
But i would prefer 6" solid to 6" hollow for fence, apart from sound breakage, i see solid to be stronger.
Re: Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges by spyder880(m): 6:44pm On Jan 30, 2018
Rubbiish:

What is the size of d plot sir? It looks quite big
But i would prefer 6" solid to 6" hollow for fence, apart from sound breakage, i see solid to be stronger.

This plot size is about 600sqm, this is a village so no need to measure or survey the land. On the blocks, its a matter of choice. These 6" hollow we changed to are very strong.
Re: Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges by spyder880(m): 6:45pm On Jan 30, 2018
The fence is growing in height. ......

Re: Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges by spyder880(m): 6:47pm On Jan 30, 2018
Rapidly laying more blocks........

Re: Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges by spyder880(m): 6:49pm On Jan 30, 2018
@ Whirlwind7, someone remembers to tap the fallen palm tree cheesy

Re: Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges by spyder880(m): 7:02pm On Jan 30, 2018
My workers are still busy building this fence........

Re: Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges by spyder880(m): 7:03pm On Jan 30, 2018
Still rising......

Re: Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges by whirlwind7(m): 7:04pm On Jan 30, 2018
spyder880:
@ Whirlwind7, someone remembers to tap the fallen palm tree cheesy

That's good to know. For a moment there, I feared that our people are losing touch. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges by spyder880(m): 7:17pm On Jan 30, 2018
We are ready to mount the gates, there are two gates leading from different entrances into this compound. ......

1 Like

Re: Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges by spyder880(m): 7:20pm On Jan 30, 2018
You will be surprised to see the nu.ber of designs in the market, artistic stuff......

Re: Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges by spyder880(m): 7:22pm On Jan 30, 2018
Works of art........

Re: Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges by spyder880(m): 7:27pm On Jan 30, 2018
If you are building a fence today and love to buy a gate, which of these will you choose? cheesy

Re: Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges by spyder880(m): 7:28pm On Jan 30, 2018
How gates are made.......

Re: Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges by spyder880(m): 7:29pm On Jan 30, 2018
More gates......

Re: Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges by InvertedHammer: 10:36pm On Jan 30, 2018
/
Any idea of the prices of these gates?

/
Re: Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges by Rubbiish(m): 11:44pm On Jan 30, 2018
spyder880:
Then we started laying blocks on the concrete blinding......
Sir is there no disadvantage in placing blocks on top d other in straight form for the fence pliiars? Won't this make d motar attaching the fencing blocks meeting the pillars a straight line, which can make it loose easily?

1 Like

Re: Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges by spyder880(m): 8:21am On Jan 31, 2018
InvertedHammer:
/
Any idea of the prices of these gates?

/

Just point at any of them and I will give you the price Sir.
Re: Building A Fence On A Plot Of Land In Rural Enugu State: Costs And Challenges by spyder880(m): 8:23am On Jan 31, 2018
Rubbiish:

Sir is there no disadvantage in placing blocks on top d other in straight form for the fence pliiars? Won't this make d motar attaching the fencing blocks meeting the pillars a straight line, which can make it loose easily?

The practice is to lay one pair straight, then cut the next in halves and lay them on the pillars.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Architectural Design Of 4 Bedroom Bungalow / HOUSE FOR SALE IN AGODO LAGOS / TO LET 1 Room & Parlour Self Contain @ Liasu Rd Ikotun Egbe (ile-iwe B/stop)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.