Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Family Allowed 23-year-old Son Marry 38-old Divorcee After She Paid $800,000 - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Allowed 23-year-old Son Marry 38-old Divorcee After She Paid $800,000 (973 Views)

Lady Slams Her Husband After She Paid For Their Food At An Eatery / My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash / 23-year-old Law Student Gets A Mercedes Benz From Her Mother As Birthday Gift (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Allowed 23-year-old Son Marry 38-old Divorcee After She Paid $800,000 by pressy09: 12:32pm On Jan 30, 2018
Could this be true love or love of money? A 23-year-old's wedding with a wealthy 38-year-old mother of one is trending heavily on the internet. The mother of the groom is one year older than his son's bride.

According to odditycentral.com,the wedding, which was filmed on Jan. 10, took place in Qionghai, Hainan, China, where it first went viral and stirred up controversy.

The woman apparently fell pregnant after a romance with the younger man, after which he proposed marriage. Initially, the groom’s parents opposed the wedding, citing the 15 year age difference between them, as well as the bride’s 14-year-old child from a previous marriage. However, the bride – a wealthy real estate businesswoman – offered them a dowry of 660,000 yuan (USD 104,273) in cash, a real estate lot, and a Ferrari sports car, altogether worth an estimated a 5,000,000 yuan (USD 789,950). The parents gave their blessing immediately following the generous offer.

They married in an extravagant ceremony, arriving in a red Ferrari with the bride bedecked in gold and other expensive jewelry.

Chinese netizens have had mixed reactions to the union, with many congratulating the pair, but some claiming the young man only married the woman for her money rather than love.

“I once again believe in the power of money,” wrote one Weibo user.

“Father: Our boy’s bride is loaded, let’s accept the deal to cash in!” wrote another.

Meanwhile, on the opposite side of the argument, some pointed out that the story going viral only highlights how far China has to go to achieve gender equality.

“A 38-year-old divorced man marrying a 23-year-old single woman would not even be news. This is only making a fuss about women becoming stronger,” commented a Weibo user.

In the video footage from the couple’s wedding, they both appear elated and very much in love. The bride is heavily pregnant but looks radiant in her white gown, and her husband is all smiles. In one particularly sweet moment, the groom dedicated a song to his bride, serenading her as she blushed and giggled.

The Weibo user pointing out gender equality has a good point, considering that if the roles were reversed in the story, a wealthy divorced older man marrying a younger woman, it wouldn’t have made the news as it happens commonly and frequently. It is worth noting that the man proposed to the woman, not the reverse, and it was only after the parents disapproved that the dowry came into the picture. That netizens are reacting negatively to an economically powerful woman in such a negative way just goes to show how threatening a woman with power is to a traditionally patriarchal society.
https://dailyfamily.ng/family-allowed-their-23-year-old-son-to-marry-38-old-divorcee-after-she-paid-800000-for-dowry/

Re: Family Allowed 23-year-old Son Marry 38-old Divorcee After She Paid $800,000 by pressy09: 12:33pm On Jan 30, 2018
What I read here is a big bang.Click here https://dailyfamily.ng/lady-marries-her-first-and-only-lover-years-after-she-asked-god-for-him/
pressy09:
Could this be true love or love of money? A 23-year-old's wedding with a wealthy 38-year-old mother of one is trending heavily on the internet. The mother of the groom is one year older than his son's bride.

According to odditycentral.com,the wedding, which was filmed on Jan. 10, took place in Qionghai, Hainan, China, where it first went viral and stirred up controversy.

The woman apparently fell pregnant after a romance with the younger man, after which he proposed marriage. Initially, the groom’s parents opposed the wedding, citing the 15 year age difference between them, as well as the bride’s 14-year-old child from a previous marriage. However, the bride – a wealthy real estate businesswoman – offered them a dowry of 660,000 yuan (USD 104,273) in cash, a real estate lot, and a Ferrari sports car, altogether worth an estimated a 5,000,000 yuan (USD 789,950). The parents gave their blessing immediately following the generous offer.

They married in an extravagant ceremony, arriving in a red Ferrari with the bride bedecked in gold and other expensive jewelry.

Chinese netizens have had mixed reactions to the union, with many congratulating the pair, but some claiming the young man only married the woman for her money rather than love.

“I once again believe in the power of money,” wrote one Weibo user.

“Father: Our boy’s bride is loaded, let’s accept the deal to cash in!” wrote another.

Meanwhile, on the opposite side of the argument, some pointed out that the story going viral only highlights how far China has to go to achieve gender equality.

“A 38-year-old divorced man marrying a 23-year-old single woman would not even be news. This is only making a fuss about women becoming stronger,” commented a Weibo user.

In the video footage from the couple’s wedding, they both appear elated and very much in love. The bride is heavily pregnant but looks radiant in her white gown, and her husband is all smiles. In one particularly sweet moment, the groom dedicated a song to his bride, serenading her as she blushed and giggled.

The Weibo user pointing out gender equality has a good point, considering that if the roles were reversed in the story, a wealthy divorced older man marrying a younger woman, it wouldn’t have made the news as it happens commonly and frequently. It is worth noting that the man proposed to the woman, not the reverse, and it was only after the parents disapproved that the dowry came into the picture. That netizens are reacting negatively to an economically powerful woman in such a negative way just goes to show how threatening a woman with power is to a traditionally patriarchal society.
https://dailyfamily.ng/family-allowed-their-23-year-old-son-to-marry-38-old-divorcee-after-she-paid-800000-for-dowry/
Re: Family Allowed 23-year-old Son Marry 38-old Divorcee After She Paid $800,000 by Niftyrules(m): 12:39pm On Jan 30, 2018
It is well oooo...When i talk now, they will say i talk. It is sha well
Re: Family Allowed 23-year-old Son Marry 38-old Divorcee After She Paid $800,000 by easyboss1(m): 12:40pm On Jan 30, 2018
hmmmm
Re: Family Allowed 23-year-old Son Marry 38-old Divorcee After She Paid $800,000 by jaykins: 12:43pm On Jan 30, 2018
I don't know what is our problem with the age. it's the guy that knows what he is after and he go see am shocked shocked shocked
Re: Family Allowed 23-year-old Son Marry 38-old Divorcee After She Paid $800,000 by Olabode09: 12:47pm On Jan 30, 2018
well i dont see anything bad in it, because Age is just a number
Re: Family Allowed 23-year-old Son Marry 38-old Divorcee After She Paid $800,000 by Segzee1(m): 12:54pm On Jan 30, 2018
Abeg make una leave matter for mathaia.... Meanwhile, dis is what is on my mind. grin grin grin grin

Re: Family Allowed 23-year-old Son Marry 38-old Divorcee After She Paid $800,000 by MicheyJ1: 1:02pm On Jan 30, 2018
Omo see gold jewelries
Re: Family Allowed 23-year-old Son Marry 38-old Divorcee After She Paid $800,000 by oginga: 6:09pm On Jan 30, 2018
She just bought her self a toy husband.
Re: Family Allowed 23-year-old Son Marry 38-old Divorcee After She Paid $800,000 by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 30, 2018
oginga:
She just bought her self a toy husband.

She married down very rare, then again the guy handsome die so yeah toy husband

(1) (Reply)

Fabric Vertical Window Blind For Home/office / Get The Best Ankara Materials For Your Family Delivered To You At Market Price / If Your Child Does This To Your International Passport, What Will You Do?(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.