Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Miracle Prophets Should Do This So We Believe Them. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Miracle Prophets Should Do This So We Believe Them. (1364 Views)

Prophets Speaks On Cause Of Ebony’s Death, She Went For Juju (video) / Virgin Mary Miracle Of The Sun In Lagos On 28th Oct. 2017 (Video) / Man Gets Erection As Prophet Fufeyin "Performs Miracle" On Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Miracle Prophets Should Do This So We Believe Them. by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 30, 2018
We are tired of hearing things like healing HIV, changing genotype and other "miracles" averse to science. Since these men claim to twist the arm of science into its favour.
We will appreciate seeing them,
1)pray for an amputee to grow a limb, and
2)a dwarf turn into a tall man.

They should just do this, The physical things our eyes see and we are good , so they can clear all doubts.

The Apostle.

1 Like

Re: Miracle Prophets Should Do This So We Believe Them. by greatnaija01: 1:53pm On Jan 30, 2018
instead of waiting for them to do it.... WHY DONT YOU DO IT YOURSELF.... why wait for people to become original... when u can be the original yourself.

Walk with God personally and stop this hypocrisy... GOD DOESNT NEED PEOPLE TO BELIEVE in prophets... It is JESUS that we are believe in yet even JESUS DIDNT HEAL EVERYONE OR RAISE EVERY DEAD PERSON IN HIS TIME AND THERE WERE TIMES HE COULD NOT EVEN DO MIRACLES.

pls consider these and go and pray.

TheTrueApostle:

We are tired of hearing things like healing HIV, changing genotype and other "miracles" averse to science. Since these men claim to twist the arm of science into its favour.

They should just do this, The physical things our eyes see and we are good , so they can clear all doubts.

The Apostle.

2 Likes

Re: Miracle Prophets Should Do This So We Believe Them. by Mariangeles(f): 2:38pm On Jan 30, 2018
TheTrueApostle:

The Apostle.
You think miracle is magic...?
For you to receive a miracle, you have to be involved with your faith.
So if a dwarf believes without a single doubt that he can grow tall, it will happen.
There's nothing impossible with God.
Re: Miracle Prophets Should Do This So We Believe Them. by hopefulLandlord: 3:00pm On Jan 30, 2018
Mariangeles:
You think miracle is magic...?
For you to receive a miracle, you have to be involved with your faith.
So if a dwarf believes without a single doubt that he can grow tall, it will happen.
There's nothing impossible with God.

LoL! "if a dwarf believes without a single doubt that he can grow tall", let me paraphrase that "if an amputee believes without a single doubt that he can (re)grow his limbs, it will happen"

what are the chances of:
1. Not a single amputee has had faith without doubt that they'll grow a new limb

compared to the chances of

2. Amputees over the years must've had faith without doubt that they'll grow a limb but it didn't happen

1 Like

Re: Miracle Prophets Should Do This So We Believe Them. by Mariangeles(f): 3:13pm On Jan 30, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

LoL! "if a dwarf believes without a single doubt that he can grow tall", let me paraphrase that "if an amputee believes without a single doubt that he can (re)grow his limbs, it will happen"

what are the chances of:
1. Not a single amputee has had faith without doubt that they'll grow a new limb

2. Amputees over the years must've had faith without doubt that they'll grow a limb but it didn't happen
If you were an amputee, would you have faith that you can grow a new limb?

1 Like

Re: Miracle Prophets Should Do This So We Believe Them. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jan 30, 2018
Mariangeles:
this is madness, this is what religion does to people. Removes your common sensibility and make you become a moving corpse
Re: Miracle Prophets Should Do This So We Believe Them. by hopefulLandlord: 3:21pm On Jan 30, 2018
Mariangeles:

Yes I will if I believe the Bible to be true and Jesus words to be valid, there are verses that has Jesus repeating the same thing many times about asking in faith and it would happen

Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen. “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” (Matthew 21:21-22)

Jesus also reiterated it again

Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20)

and again

Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25)

and again

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14)

and again

(Matthew 17:20 For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.) then whatever you ask for in prayer will be granted, there are obviously only a few options available.

if the above verses were true, there are obviously only a few options available for Christians to chose after taking a honest look at the lives of Amputees and seeing their prayers about regrowing lost limb fail all of the time:

1) the Bible is wrong, Jesus never said these things

2) the Bible is right, Jesus said these things but Jesus was wrong

3) the Bible is right, Jesus said these things but Jesus lied

4) no one who prayed for anything that actually required god's intervention - like amputees - had any faith

5) the Bible is just a collection of myths & fables & Yahweh, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Satan doesn't exist

On a side note, Salamanders and Starfish grow back lost limbs all the time. And they never even heard of Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Miracle Prophets Should Do This So We Believe Them. by Mariangeles(f): 3:23pm On Jan 30, 2018
TheTrueApostle:

this is madness, this is what religion does to people. Removes your common sensibility and make you become a moving corpse
Lol...I was waiting for this part and you didn't prove me wrong.
You just couldn't help with the insults could you?
But seriously, how come you people are always so so angry all the time? one could even tell by your words...

1 Like

Re: Miracle Prophets Should Do This So We Believe Them. by Mariangeles(f): 3:32pm On Jan 30, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Yes I will if I believe the Bible to be true and Jesus words to be valid, there are verses that has Jesus repeating the same thing many times about asking in faith and it would happen

Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen. “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” (Matthew 21:21-22)

Jesus also reiterated it again

Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20)

and again

Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25)

and again

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14)

and again

(Matthew 17:20 For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.) then whatever you ask for in prayer will be granted, there are obviously only a few options available.

if the above verses were true, there are obviously only a few options available for Christians to chose after taking a honest look at the lives of Amputees and seeing their prayers about regrowing lost limb fail all of the time:

1) the Bible is wrong, Jesus never said these things

2) the Bible is right, Jesus said these things but Jesus was wrong

3) the Bible is right, Jesus said these things but Jesus lied

4) no one who prayed for anything that actually required god's intervention - like amputees - had any faith

5) the Bible is just a collection of myths & fables & Yahweh, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Satan doesn't exist

On a side note, Salamanders and Starfish grow back lost limbs all the time. And they never even heard of Jesus.
There is no need for blasphemy...even if you don't believe, at least respect the believer and their faith...it will do you no harm to respect.
Disrespect leads to strife and I don't engage in disrespectful arguments...thank you

1 Like

Re: Miracle Prophets Should Do This So We Believe Them. by hopefulLandlord: 3:36pm On Jan 30, 2018
Mariangeles:
There is no need for blasphemy...even if you don't believe, at least respect the believer and their faith...it will do you no harm to respect.
Disrespect leads to strife and I don't engage in disrespectful arguments...thank you

Actually you're finding disrespect cuz that's what you wanted to see
Re: Miracle Prophets Should Do This So We Believe Them. by Mariangeles(f): 3:56pm On Jan 30, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Actually you're finding disrespect cuz that's what you wanted to see
And this is the worst part, you don't even know when you're being disrespectful because you have no guide and you don't care about other people's feelings...

1 Like

Re: Miracle Prophets Should Do This So We Believe Them. by hopefulLandlord: 4:15pm On Jan 30, 2018
Mariangeles:
And this is the worst part, you don't even know when you're being disrespectful because you have no guide and you don't care about other people's feelings...

don't get all emotional on me bro, if you feel disrespected from what I posted its your problem not mine

1 Like

Re: Miracle Prophets Should Do This So We Believe Them. by Mariangeles(f): 4:21pm On Jan 30, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

don't get all emotional on me bro, if you feel disrespected from what I posted its your problem not mine
My point exactly!

1 Like

Re: Miracle Prophets Should Do This So We Believe Them. by CAPSLOCKED: 5:20pm On Jan 30, 2018
greatnaija01:
GOD DOESNT NEED PEOPLE TO BELIEVE in prophets... It is JESUS that we are to believe in

SIR,
HOW JESUS TALKS TO ONLY A FEW SELECTED PEOPLE (MOSTLY PARTIALLY INDOCTRINATED / GULLIBLE PEOPLE) INSTEAD OF TALKING TO EVERYONE IN THE WORLD AT ONCE, MAKES IT VERY DIFFICULT, AND IMPOSSIBLE FOR ALL OF US TO BELIEVE IN HIM.

greatnaija01:
JESUS DIDNT HEAL EVERYONE OR RAISE EVERY DEAD PERSON IN HIS TIME AND THERE WERE TIMES HE COULD NOT EVEN DO MIRACLES.

YOU DON'T SAY!

CLEARLY, ALL MY LIFE, I'VE BEEN READING THE WRONG VERSION OF THE BIBLE WHICH TELLS OF HOW JESUS RAISED ONE DEAD LAZARUS, HEALED 10 LEPERS, AND FED THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE WITH SMALL BREAD AND FISH.
Re: Miracle Prophets Should Do This So We Believe Them. by petra1(m): 6:41pm On Jan 30, 2018
TheTrueApostle:

The Apostle.

Men of God don’t need to prove anything . They serve at the level of their abilities . Unbelief is a spiritual problem. Those who don’t believe Even if the dead is raised they will still not believe

Luke 16:30-31
30 And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. 31 And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
Re: Miracle Prophets Should Do This So We Believe Them. by greatnaija01: 7:21pm On Jan 30, 2018
clearly you NEVER read the bible well enough.
Pls read again when your mind is clear of confused hatred.
CAPSLOCKED:

SIR,
HOW JESUS TALKS TO ONLY A FEW SELECTED PEOPLE (MOSTLY PARTIALLY INDOCTRINATED / GULLIBLE PEOPLE) INSTEAD OF TALKING TO EVERYONE IN THE WORLD AT ONCE, MAKES IT VERY DIFFICULT, AND IMPOSSIBLE FOR ALL OF US TO BELIEVE IN HIM.

YOU DON'T SAY!

CLEARLY, ALL MY LIFE, I'VE BEEN READING THE WRONG VERSION OF THE BIBLE WHICH TELLS OF HOW JESUS RAISED ONE DEAD LAZARUS, HEALED 10 LEPERS, AND FED THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE WITH SMALL BREAD AND FISH.
Re: Miracle Prophets Should Do This So We Believe Them. by NPComplete: 7:36pm On Jan 30, 2018
Mariangeles:

Stupid argument. U asked a stupid question about whether dwarves and amputees, a group of people most probably eager for a change of circumstance, have faith that there will be some turnaround in their situation and he answered indulged your foolishness and answered u affirmatively. But now u turned around to fake umbrage and divert the attention from the folly of your questions.
The foregoing statement is what disrespect looks like. U are welcome to feel rightly offended by it. Your feeling will be real and justified this time. Nonsense
Re: Miracle Prophets Should Do This So We Believe Them. by StevieGee27: 7:40pm On Jan 30, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

what are the chances of:

Just shut the backdoor please.

1 Like

Re: Miracle Prophets Should Do This So We Believe Them. by Mariangeles(f): 7:47pm On Jan 30, 2018
[s]
NPComplete:

Stupid argument. U asked a stupid question about whether dwarves and amputees, a group of people most probably eager for a change of circumstance, have faith that there will be some turnaround in their situation and he answered indulged your foolishness and answered u affirmatively. But now u turned around to fake umbrage and divert the attention from the folly of your questions.
The foregoing statement is what disrespect looks like. U are welcome to feel rightly offended by it. Nonsense
[/s]I am not the reason for your frustration, anger, bitterness and depression.
What you need to do is brew a hot cup of tea and drink it with no milk or sugar, I promise it will do your nerves some good... repeat this anytime you feel like attacking someone who has done you no wrong.
You're welcome!

1 Like

Re: Miracle Prophets Should Do This So We Believe Them. by NPComplete: 7:55pm On Jan 30, 2018
Mariangeles:
[s][/s]I am not the reason for your frustration, anger, bitterness and depression.
What you need to do is brew a hot cup of tea and drink it with no milk or sugar, I promise it will do your nerves some good... repeat this anytime you feel like attacking someone who has done you no wrong.
You're welcome!

You have not done me any wrong but u have done the world a whole lot of hurt by thinking like a cow.
For a fully functional person to argue, owing solely to religious bias, that the reason dwarves and amputees do not get healed or tall is because none of all the dwarves and amputees in the world has been capable of mustering the mustard seed of faith prescribed for the execution of such miracles is ludicrous to say the least and an offence to people with functioning brain.
Crawl away in shame u odious buffoon.

1 Like

Re: Miracle Prophets Should Do This So We Believe Them. by Mariangeles(f): 8:24pm On Jan 30, 2018
NPComplete:

You have not done me any wrong but u have done the world a whole lot of hurt by thinking like a cow.
For a fully functional person to argue, owing solely to religious bias, that the reason dwarves and amputees do not get healed or tall is because none of all the dwarves and amputees in the world has been capable of mustering the mustard seed of faith prescribed for the execution of such miracles is ludicrous to say the least and an offence to people with functioning brain.
Calm your nerves, inhale...exhale... now do you feel better?
Re: Miracle Prophets Should Do This So We Believe Them. by butterflyl1on: 8:29pm On Jan 30, 2018
Mariangeles:

LMAO they are always angry at everyone as if their very lives depend on their anger. grin

Depression and frustration has taken its toll on them based on their own choices and decisions but they would rather blame it on anything and everyone else but themselves.
Re: Miracle Prophets Should Do This So We Believe Them. by Mariangeles(f): 8:32pm On Jan 30, 2018
butterflyl1on:

LMAO they are always angry at everyone as if their very lives depend on their anger. grin

Depression and frustration has taken its toll on them based on their own choices and decisions but they would rather blame it on anything and everyone else but themselves.
What can we do but tolerate them my brother...
Re: Miracle Prophets Should Do This So We Believe Them. by butterflyl1on: 8:35pm On Jan 30, 2018
Mariangeles:
What can we do but tolerate them my brother...

I have gone past tolerating them o. I always burst into laughter the moment their tell tale angry outbursts begin. It's like clockwork, it is always ON TIME. grin

Very predictable and guaranteed. If their anger was a winning lotto draw number you would win all the time.
Re: Miracle Prophets Should Do This So We Believe Them. by Mariangeles(f): 8:37pm On Jan 30, 2018
butterflyl1on:

I have gone past tolerating them o. I always burst into laughter the moment their tell tale angry outbursts begin. It's like clockwork, it is always ON TIME. grin

Very predictable and guaranteed. If their anger was a winning lotto draw number you would win all the time.
Over sure odd...Lol
Re: Miracle Prophets Should Do This So We Believe Them. by NPComplete: 9:00pm On Jan 30, 2018
Mariangeles:

I have made my point.

You were trying to fake offence when u couldn't counter hopefullandlord's reply to your stupid question.

I just gave u a real reason to be offended. Now u have something real to grasp.
Re: Miracle Prophets Should Do This So We Believe Them. by Mariangeles(f): 9:03pm On Jan 30, 2018
NPComplete:

I have made my point.

You were trying to fake offence when u couldn't counter hopefullandlord's reply to your question. I just gave u a real reason to be offended. Now u have something real to grasp.
Whatever makes you feel better...

1 Like

Re: Miracle Prophets Should Do This So We Believe Them. by hopefulLandlord: 9:07pm On Jan 30, 2018
NPComplete:

Honestly, its funny how he's the one disrespecting the dwarves and amputees but also the one quick to get offended

He's a nasty price of work lol

1 Like

Re: Miracle Prophets Should Do This So We Believe Them. by Nobody: 2:45am On Jan 31, 2018
TheTrueApostle:

The Apostle.
And you think the above miracles are not happening? Of course they but not all are aired.
Re: Miracle Prophets Should Do This So We Believe Them. by Nobody: 2:46am On Jan 31, 2018
greatnaija01:
instead of waiting for them to do it.... WHY DONT YOU DO IT YOURSELF.... why wait for people to become original... when u can be the original yourself.

Walk with God personally and stop this hypocrisy... GOD DOESNT NEED PEOPLE TO BELIEVE in prophets... It is JESUS that we are believe in yet even JESUS DIDNT HEAL EVERYONE OR RAISE EVERY DEAD PERSON IN HIS TIME AND THERE WERE TIMES HE COULD NOT EVEN DO MIRACLES.

pls consider these and go and pray.

God bless you

(1) (Reply)

How To Advertise Your Business To The Right People / New Sermon Download: Loose My Chains 2018 – Dr Dk Olukoya / Christ Jesus Returning 2019?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.