Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,029 members, 7,818,038 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Should I Go For This Course? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Go For This Course? (1246 Views)

Combined Art: What Can A Graduate Do With This Course? / Which Nigerian University Still Teaches This Course? / If You Are Studying Any Of This Course In Nigeria University, You Are Not In Sch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Go For This Course? by michealdeco: 5:26pm On Jan 30, 2018
Good day nairalanders
I was offered admission to study forestry and wildlife technology in one of our federal university after two years of trial whereas I choosed microbiology.
So Pls am seriously confused and dissapointed about it
I don't know if I should take the course or forfeit it.
please advice needed
Re: Should I Go For This Course? by michealdeco: 9:14pm On Jan 30, 2018
Not even a single reply
Re: Should I Go For This Course? by Nobody: 3:50am On Jan 31, 2018
Take Jamb again. chose a less competitive course and university.
Re: Should I Go For This Course? by davbravo(m): 4:28am On Jan 31, 2018
michealdeco:
Good day nairalanders
I was offered admission to study forestry and wildlife technology in one of our federal university after two years of trial whereas I choosed microbiology.
please advice needed
Take the course, microbiology isn't any better especially in the labour market

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For This Course? by lastmessenger: 6:19am On Jan 31, 2018
You can take the course if you knowledge exactly what you want to achieve with the knowledge you will gain after studying it. Again, will you be happy and proud to tell someone the course you are studying?
When you deal with these thoughts,you can decide for yourself whether to go on with the course or to go for another jamb.
Re: Should I Go For This Course? by Mrsecman: 9:26am On Jan 31, 2018
michealdeco:
Good day nairalanders
please advice needed

Well, in as much as you're in the best position to decide, I think I have a little to contribute.

I was admitted to study Wildlife Management in one of Nigerian public University in 2011 to be more specific. Although I never wanted to study Wildlife. I tried to cross out of department in 200L, the HOD and Dean refused to release me..

I tried Jamb till 300L (during this time, I was getting admission, but not to my desired course; Medicine/or Pharmacy).

I decided to continue, but I lost focus in 100L and 200L. After 200L, my CGPA was little above 4.00. (I'm sure I maintained this because God has always been supportive to my life). Because most times, I joined my colleagues maybe after 8weeks of lectures. I used to be in faculty of science receiving Biochemistry lectures since I was optimistic I'll change department.

Little did I know what future holds. I started hustling for my career, and thank God I graduated with a First Class Honours.

The mistake I made was trying to change department, had I known I wouldn't have tried to change at all. From 300L upward, I hustle so hard that I was able to raised a 4.13 CGPA to 4.57/5.00. Had it been I gave full concentration from start, I might have graduated with nothing less than 4.80/5.00

Not only did I graduate with a First Class, but gained alot of professional experiences in sustainable development, I have attended many National and International scientific gathering, and made significant IMPACTS in this chosen field (Conservation science).

I have built my profile to the extent that a Medic was like wow, YOU'VE REALLY ACHIEVED.

Please note, I'm not saying this to brag or anything (Well, if you think so), but to serve as motivations incase you want to continue with the course... And that's why I'm using my 2nd account (Privacy).

I advise anyone not to quote me wrongly, as you will not probably receive a response from this account. I know folks on Nairaland are for memes.

N.B: I graduated about 2years ago.

You may decide to accept the offer if you think it will make you feel fulfilled.

I never regret anything, I only regret the time I was trying to cross out of department, which resulted into fall in my results.

Best wishes to you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For This Course? by Nicklaus619(m): 11:58am On Jan 31, 2018
It's only in Nigeria that we don't value courses like this, in the western world this is one course that makes u very rich, because u will be involved in research works and wild life preservation, dude go for the course and If u God help u, leave this shithole of a country and u will know the relevance.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go For This Course? by b3llo(m): 2:12pm On Jan 31, 2018
Accept the admission then try and switch if you can or Apply for JAMB again.
Re: Should I Go For This Course? by michealdeco: 10:09am On Feb 03, 2018
Alright

Thanks to you all for the words

(1) (Reply)

I Am Back From Ban Cheap One For Everyone (mr Shape) / List Of Universities Offering Marine Engineering In Nigeria / If You Know This Secrets Your Day Will Never Stop Prospering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.