Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,112 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

Which Of These Songs Would You Choose? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Which Of These Songs Would You Choose? (1673 Views)

I Am Searching For These Songs / What Songs Would You Add To The Playlist For A Nigerian Wedding? / What Songs Would You Delete From Your Phones/media Player. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These Songs Would You Choose? by Imani(f): 4:41pm On Mar 04, 2007
Hi guys,

Which best 3 of these songs would you choose to represent Nigerian music? 

1. African Queen - Tuface Idibia
2. Lee Lee           - Esther Ebigbo (i think)
3. Owuro lojo      - Beautiful Nubia
4  Olori Oko         - Infinity
5  Naija Praise     - Sammy Okposo

The selected songs from the list are to be played in a church setting featuring other nationalities who will also play their national music.

PS: For those you have not heard the songs, the music videos are available on youtube and tracks on esnips via the following links

African queen - http://www.esnips.com/doc/656adf63-fadb-409e-a3d0-2563936cd0f2/2Face-Idibia---African-Queen
Lee Lee - http://www.esnips.com/doc/3aff382e-465c-4813-8ab9-a9c4265cd483/Lee-Lee---Resonance
Olori oko - http://www.esnips.com/doc/62a4a1a3-f65f-4512-8124-08242d279ad0/Olori-oko
Owuro lojo - http://www.esnips.com/doc/e68c2544-c124-4119-84b1-46d740a5b34e/owuro-lojo
Naija Praise - http://www.esnips.com/doc/36cfc33b-7232-4b81-8713-a78a1a1b00a4/09-Nija-Praise

If anyone has any suggestions or better songs please let me know, these were what i could find from my list of songs. The suggested songs can be preferably in any local dialect apart from pidgin English, and also not too loud.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Re: Which Of These Songs Would You Choose? by cuteass1(f): 5:24pm On Mar 04, 2007
African Queen by Tuface Idibia, anyday anytime.
That song would not be forgotten in a million years cheesy
Re: Which Of These Songs Would You Choose? by Christino(m): 7:07pm On Mar 04, 2007
That'll be great.

Lee Lee is by Resonance.

They are all cool songs, but in my Africanism, i'll choose:

1. Olori Oko
2. African Queen
3. Lee Lee
Re: Which Of These Songs Would You Choose? by OmoEko1(f): 7:11pm On Mar 04, 2007
African Queen- all day any day, will never get tired of it cheesy cheesy
Re: Which Of These Songs Would You Choose? by gbadex1(m): 7:20pm On Mar 04, 2007
Olori Oko

Owuro Lojo

Lee lee

by the way, i thought you said it was a church setting. What's African Queen doing there?
Re: Which Of These Songs Would You Choose? by Imani(f): 7:41pm On Mar 04, 2007
gbade. x:

Olori Oko

Owuro Lojo

Lee lee

by the way, i thought you said it was a church setting. What's African Queen doing there?

Though it is in a church setting, it is more of a culture theme where different people bring food and music from thier respective countries. They are not too holy to listen to secular music, of course as long as it is not songs containing profanities.

I thought African queen apart from being in english has a nice musical style.

Does anyone know any nice Hausa songs?, doesnt have to be christian,

Thanks
Re: Which Of These Songs Would You Choose? by watever(f): 7:44pm On Mar 04, 2007
if its more cultural, u shld try ''seven lives'' - beautiful nubia
i really like dat song cheesy
Re: Which Of These Songs Would You Choose? by Imani(f): 7:50pm On Mar 04, 2007
watever:

if its more cultural, u shld try ''seven lives'' - beautiful nubia
i really like that song cheesy

I havent heard that song you mentioned. I have only heard two of Beutiful Nubia's songs which i really liked. Please post a link if you have one on Nairaland. Thanks
Re: Which Of These Songs Would You Choose? by watever(f): 7:56pm On Mar 04, 2007
Re: Which Of These Songs Would You Choose? by lalaboi(m): 8:49pm On Mar 04, 2007
olori oko!! then lee lee! and owuro lojo eni ma rire o
Re: Which Of These Songs Would You Choose? by Imani(f): 9:47pm On Mar 04, 2007
watever:

http://www.esnips.com/doc/fafee08e-6d9c-416a-8f37-3afff9a0b85a/seven-lifes

The link you posted is broken. Please repost the link. Thanks
Re: Which Of These Songs Would You Choose? by uzygirl(f): 9:51pm On Mar 04, 2007
Imani:

Does anyone know any nice Hausa songs?, doesnt have to be christian,

Thanks

Try Jeremiah Gyang, his songs are very nice.
Re: Which Of These Songs Would You Choose? by Imani(f): 10:30pm On Mar 04, 2007
uzygirl:

Try Jeremiah Gyang, his songs are very nice.

I will. I think there are some of his songs on the esnips website. I will check it all

@All,

Thanks for yor replies wink. More please!
Re: Which Of These Songs Would You Choose? by choongtin(f): 11:13pm On Mar 04, 2007
none
Re: Which Of These Songs Would You Choose? by chiogo(f): 12:15am On Mar 05, 2007
I would choose "AFRICAN QUEEN".
Re: Which Of These Songs Would You Choose? by femi6(m): 12:26am On Mar 05, 2007
Try Jeremiah Gyang, his songs are very nice.. Jeremiah Gyang song should be the best fit for hausa "Na Ba Ka"

in church settings
Owuro lojo - Beautiful Nubia
Naija Praise - Sammy Okposo
Re: Which Of These Songs Would You Choose? by minute(f): 8:24am On Mar 05, 2007
owuro lojo by beatuiful nubia makes a whole lot of sense to me.one of the most beautiful songs one can ever listen to early in the morning. egbon ara jigi katunra mun.lol.its a nice song.
Re: Which Of These Songs Would You Choose? by Brymore(m): 3:40pm On Mar 06, 2007
Owuro Lojo for me is THE song, the mood is good, the lyrics beautifully arranged and poetic and philosophical. If there are Yorubas among the listeners, I believe they will enjoy it.

I don't think the good Hausa songs I know are online, Jeremiah is good too, but you can look for "Ina za mu je", "Ahaiye Yaro", "Mai babban riga" (babban riga is by Sani Danja),Mariam Kwangila -"babu kamar Uwa"

I hope this helps.

#Candid Submission#
Re: Which Of These Songs Would You Choose? by d1twista(m): 8:19pm On Mar 09, 2007
None
Re: Which Of These Songs Would You Choose? by odada(m): 9:45pm On Mar 09, 2007
cos its gonna be in church i will settle for INFINITI- OLORI OKO

(1) (Reply)

I Disguise To Walk The Streets Of Lagos - Obesere / Lights Out Starts Now On Orange 94.5FM With Olayemi Esan / Who Sang Yeri E, Oko Yeri E...what's The Song?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.