Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Why Paddy Adenuga's Bid To Acquire Chevron Failed - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Paddy Adenuga's Bid To Acquire Chevron Failed (31710 Views)

Paddy Adenuga Advises Men On What To Do Before Sending Money To Their Women / Paddy Adenuga: 10 Things You Didn't Know About Mike Adenuga’s Son / Paddy Adenuga: 'I Cannot Date A Lady That Wears Wig, I Have Standards' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Paddy Adenuga's Bid To Acquire Chevron Failed by IseOluwa777(m): 1:56pm On Jan 31, 2018
Very inspiring... This is not stuff demonstrated simply because you were born to a wealthy family. With this attitude, even if he started life with just a wooden spoon, all things being equal, he would still make something good out of it. Good job man..remember - Abraham Lincoln failed at every election until he won the US presidency. Keep firing and you will hit it off eventually, somewhere,someplace.

1 Like

Re: Why Paddy Adenuga's Bid To Acquire Chevron Failed by sisisioge: 1:58pm On Jan 31, 2018
[quote author=Tayroc post=64666757][/quote]

grin grin grin grin grin

Rubbish boy!

1 Like

Re: Why Paddy Adenuga's Bid To Acquire Chevron Failed by InvertedHammer: 2:19pm On Jan 31, 2018
He didn't get the deal because he was very immature and amateurish in the business negotiation. Edgar showed his interests in the deal and he should have concentrated on appealing to those interests during the negotiation -- where business meets psychology.

There is no guarantee that Remi would have made it happen. He may be a friend but not all so-called friends mean well. There is a reason why his instincts made him to hide the deal from Remi. Good thing he followed his instincts.

2 Likes

Re: Why Paddy Adenuga's Bid To Acquire Chevron Failed by mkoabiola: 2:33pm On Jan 31, 2018
He was too secretive despite he knew Remi was intelligent and brilliant

#Pride #
Re: Why Paddy Adenuga's Bid To Acquire Chevron Failed by Olulinks(m): 2:55pm On Jan 31, 2018
meekah:
PADDY SHOULD BE COMMEND AM IMPRESSIVE BY IS GUT AND LESSON WAS ALSO LEARN,THUMP UP PADDY
Who's this? Didn't you attend nursery school at all as a kid?
Re: Why Paddy Adenuga's Bid To Acquire Chevron Failed by mommaJ(f): 3:16pm On Jan 31, 2018
GOOD DAY NAIRALANDERS.I M STILL HERE...DONT GIVE UP ON ME YET https://www.nairaland.com/4312232/husbanda-good-man-help#64528004
Re: Why Paddy Adenuga's Bid To Acquire Chevron Failed by Jbleenk: 3:59pm On Jan 31, 2018
I'm pretty sure we've not heard the full story of this. One or two members of the management team will sure have a parallel version to this whole story. Ya'll wait patiently

1 Like

Re: Why Paddy Adenuga's Bid To Acquire Chevron Failed by Chukazu: 4:22pm On Jan 31, 2018
Too much show off in one piece undecided
Re: Why Paddy Adenuga's Bid To Acquire Chevron Failed by tiredoflife(m): 5:24pm On Jan 31, 2018
seunmsg:

The part where he did not tell Remi and it later turned out that Remi would have been of great help to him was the saddest. That is where the biggest lesson from the story lies for most Nigerians (Yorubas especially). In this part of the world, we always believe it is best to be secretive about what we are up to. We feel most people around us may end up working against us if they know about progressive projects that we are working on. This is not always true. I am also guilty of this kind of behavior so i really connected when i read the story. For me going forward, i will be cautiously more open to people around me about my challenges and projects. You never can tell who holds the key to that door that you are seriously seeking to open.

That part of hiding things is where I get issues with people
They say I am talk too much
I shouldn't say my plans
Look wat it cost him
Re: Why Paddy Adenuga's Bid To Acquire Chevron Failed by Ugosample(m): 6:48pm On Jan 31, 2018
pinkygurl:
Interesting read.almost doesnt kill a bird.shift paddy WE STILL WANT YOUR FATHER NOT YOU.

What is this one saying?
Re: Why Paddy Adenuga's Bid To Acquire Chevron Failed by Riversides2003(m): 6:51pm On Jan 31, 2018
Story time
Re: Why Paddy Adenuga's Bid To Acquire Chevron Failed by pinkygurl(f): 6:52pm On Jan 31, 2018
Ugosample:

What is this one saying?

I rep bobrisky#loyalfan grin
Re: Why Paddy Adenuga's Bid To Acquire Chevron Failed by verticalngn: 8:34pm On Jan 31, 2018
texazzpete:
OP just posted what Paddy himself said in the epistle...zero effort to add his own unique take on things.
Hope you read the article
Re: Why Paddy Adenuga's Bid To Acquire Chevron Failed by opad(m): 8:57pm On Jan 31, 2018
LegendsCoded:
This guy is just trying to be relevant.

Next...... �

Relevant, really? For his entrepreneural pursuit? Did he log in to post the memoir on Nairaland?
Wait sef, if he could have the means to purchase Chevron, how much could "relevance" be worth?
Re: Why Paddy Adenuga's Bid To Acquire Chevron Failed by LegendsCoded(m): 9:52pm On Jan 31, 2018
opad:

Relevant, really? For his entrepreneural pursuit? Did he log in to post the memoir on Nairaland?
Wait sef, if he could have the means to purchase Chevron, how much could "relevance" be worth?

Bruh we ain't fighting..

I guess you don't follow him up on IG or Twitter.

He is trying to be relevant period.
� � �
Re: Why Paddy Adenuga's Bid To Acquire Chevron Failed by doe: 9:52pm On Jan 31, 2018
This one reads like a pacesetter story.

Question is where did Paddy find $50m?

A bit like dangote nearly buying arsenal!

1 Like

Re: Why Paddy Adenuga's Bid To Acquire Chevron Failed by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 31, 2018
gulfer:
I need to report you for murder angry angry angry

You need to see the way I hurriedly skipped that post. grin
Re: Why Paddy Adenuga's Bid To Acquire Chevron Failed by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 31, 2018
clitlicker:
abeg who get power bank.

paddy adenuga ko i pad adenuga ni

Why don't you patiently learn something from his multi-million dollar mistakes. undecided
Re: Why Paddy Adenuga's Bid To Acquire Chevron Failed by clitlicker: 10:46pm On Jan 31, 2018
angelbulksms:

Why don't you patiently learn something from his multi-million dollar mistakes. undecided

whats your own there?

is it yr paddy lock? cheesy
Re: Why Paddy Adenuga's Bid To Acquire Chevron Failed by LaudateII: 11:40pm On Jan 31, 2018
IseOluwa777:
Very inspiring... This is not stuff demonstrated simply because you were born to a wealthy family. With this attitude, even if he started life with just a wooden spoon, all things being equal, he would still make something good out of it. Good job man..remember - Abraham Lincoln failed at every election until he won the US presidency. Keep firing and you will hit it off eventually, somewhere,someplace.

Not only that, if anything ever happens to his father Mike Adenuga (God forbid bad thing!), Paddy has proved that he has the skills, talent and acumen to hold the fort, and keep his family's business conglomerate, on a sound footing.
Re: Why Paddy Adenuga's Bid To Acquire Chevron Failed by opad(m): 7:55am On Feb 01, 2018
LegendsCoded:

Bruh we ain't fighting..

I guess you don't follow him up on IG or Twitter.

He is trying to be relevant period.
� � �

Okay
Re: Why Paddy Adenuga's Bid To Acquire Chevron Failed by leye4u: 9:34am On Feb 01, 2018
October1960:
Total lies!

Adenuga and his entire businesses cannot buy even one percent (1%) of Chevron.

Silly story

In the Biz world you don't use your cash to buy,once you have the "name" investors/banks rally round you whenever you interested in any deal....that's how Mark Zukerberg has been able to buy up businesses such as Whatsapp,Instagram and the likes
That's not a silly story,as an entrepreneur I almost shed tears reading the story in the early hours of today.....very inspirational piece

2 Likes

Re: Why Paddy Adenuga's Bid To Acquire Chevron Failed by americanson: 10:28am On Feb 01, 2018
tiredoflife:

That part of hiding things is where I get issues with people
They say I am talk too much
I shouldn't say my plans
Look wat it cost him
That is Nigerians for you ooo.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Many Guys Still Does This? / Five Major Companies Leveraging On Africa's Untapped Rich Potentials To Create / Mark Zuckerberg Loses $16.8billion In 2hrs, More Than Aliko Dangote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.