Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,403 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Two Nigerians Executed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Two Nigerians Executed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking (26262 Views)

Alaramma Ibrahim Detained In Saudi Arabia Over Drug, Returns To Nigeria / 23 Nigerians To Be Executed In Saudi Arabia (Names, Full List) / Zainab Aliyu May Be Killed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Nigerians Executed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking by daewoorazer(m): 7:16am On Jan 31, 2018
…Fear grips 12 other detainees in Medina Prison

Nearly four months after a Nigerian was executed in Saudi Arabia for alleged drug-related offence, two more countrymen have been killed in a similar manner, sending fears to no fewer than 15 others being detained in parts of the Middle East country.

Prison Sources in Saudi Arabia confirmed to Saturday Vanguard that the two Nigerians, whose names have been given as Ibrahim Ciroma and Maimidu Issah, all from the Northern part of Nigeria, were executed last week.

Some bags of the recovered drugs
The prison source said that while one was brutally terminated on Tuesday, the other Nigerian faced the hangman’s noose on Thursday.

The summary execution of the two Nigerians came nearly two weeks after a prison source in Medina leaked the names of 15 Nigerians, who are currently on death row at the Medina Prison, awaiting the long knife any moment from now.

Saturday Vanguard had on January 13 this year, published a Save-Our-Soul letter despatched by the embattled Nigerians awaiting execution in Riyadh to President Muhammadu Buhari and pleaded with him to intervene and save their lives by repatriating them home to serve their jail terms in their father land or be killed at home and given decent burials instead of being killed as cows in a foreign land.

In response, the Federal Government, through the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, affirmed the determination of the government to wade into the matter and save the lives of the imprisoned Nigerians in Saudi Arabia.

The Minister promised to dispatch officials from the Nigerian Embassy in Riyadh to liaise with their Saudi counterparts so as to prevent the inmates from being executed.

‘’The Minister of Foreign Affairs has directed the Nigerian Mission in Riyadh to look into the detained suspects’ case urgently,” the Spokesman for the Ministry, Dr. Tope Adeleye Elias-Fatile, said in response to Saturday Vanguard’s enquiry on the matter.

“The Nigerian Government will continue to engage the Saudi authorities in negotiations so that they will not be executed,” the Foreign Ministry assured.

However, more than two weeks after the report was made to the Nigerian Government and with no action coming from Abuja, the additional two Nigerians drug suspects were sent to their early graves.

It was learnt that following the directive of the Federal Government to the embassy in Riyadh to intervene and save the troubled Nigerians from death row, the Nigerian embassy simply requested for the file numbers of the inmates from the prison officials and nothing else was done about it.

One of the suspects told Saturday Vanguard on Friday that an indication that more of the detainees might be executed any moment from now was that their files had been removed from the prison in Medina and its computer system.

“For your information, the removal of the inmate files from the system in Saudi means that the affected persons could be summarily executed any moment from now. Please plead with President Buhari and the government of Nigeria to save us from being killed this wicked way. Delay is dangerous,” the suspect pleaded.

Source:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/01/alleged-drug-trafficking-two-nigerians-executed-saudi-arabia/

Re: Two Nigerians Executed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking by Skepticus: 7:19am On Jan 31, 2018
Depend on the Nigerian Government at your peril.

By the way, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and Indonesia are countries known to take the issue of drug trafficking serious.

What you get as a violator is expected

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Nigerians Executed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking by madridguy(m): 7:24am On Jan 31, 2018
Noted.
Re: Two Nigerians Executed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking by Lordspicy(m): 7:25am On Jan 31, 2018
how many foreigners den don kill for Naija sef ....reminds me of the case of tochukwu around 2008..
shithole

6 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Executed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:26am On Jan 31, 2018
This Medina prison no get joy at all, but what's my business kwanu? They knew what was at stake there so they should carry their cross. Mine dey even heavy me..

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Nigerians Executed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking by Olalan(m): 7:35am On Jan 31, 2018
How a sane person would think of trafficking to nations with death penalty for drugs is crazy. Only greed drives such courage.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Two Nigerians Executed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking by NOC1(m): 8:22am On Jan 31, 2018
All of you have gone blind and refused to pay attention to the Name, as the grand patron of National Association of Name Checkers and Region proclamination (NANCRP), I am entitled to bring there names to the executive arm of our organization.

My cohorts, after careful and intelligent investigations I was told that these bandits go by the name Ciroma and Mamhmud, further Investigations revealed that they come from the Northern part of Nigeria, based on our records and statistics we are still hoping that there must be a collaborator from the Southern part of Nigeria, because those people from that region are well known for the business.
on the Name Ciroma, we celebrated last year when he passed his waec....

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Two Nigerians Executed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking by TreasuredGlory: 9:15am On Jan 31, 2018
B
Re: Two Nigerians Executed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking by omonlaa: 9:16am On Jan 31, 2018
Both of them are Hausa. Wawu, this is the first time I have seen this happen. But more seriously, what do these people think would happen when they make these smuggling attempts?

6 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Executed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking by Gkay1(m): 9:16am On Jan 31, 2018
RIP =
REST IN PEACE
REST IN PIECES
REMAIN IN POWER.
Re: Two Nigerians Executed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking by kolawoleibukun: 9:16am On Jan 31, 2018
Saudi Arabia is a very deadly place to be. Firstly, I do not support drugs and secondly I cannot totally agree to the allegation that those guys actually dealt with drugs. If you have ever been to Saudi Arabia you would understand the sense in my thought. The country has a record of human right abuse and it is a sharia state that does not respect any foreign nationals. They can label any charge on you and no one can contest it especially if you do not speak Arabic. They are liars and egregious Barbarians who are high on their stink oil money. They treat people like ulcer and they want to be worshipped at all cost.

Nigerian representatives in almost all of our consulates in foreign lands also have a record of neglect and unpatriotic assistance to Nigerians suffering (in prisons) abroad. Our ambassadors do not care about us and many Nigerians do not even know their representatives in the lands they reside. When you visit the Nigerian consulates in many countries, you will find foreigners working in key positions and these people do not understand our local languages not even pidgin. How can foreigners understand our plights in a foreign land? The phone numbers are not working in the consulates, there is no lawyer known to represent Nigerians in the law courts, no referral to someone who can help, in some cases there is no one to attend to Nigerians visiting the embassy. Sometimes you are asked to return 2 weeks later to see someone who will in turn give you a future date. It is such a gory and scary situation for Nigerians living abroad. Other consulates make extra effort to ensure the safety of their nationals while our ambasadors are flex with foreign women and shake hands with dirty deals. Does it strike you why many Nigerians living abroad return to Nigeria to renew their passports? The answer will shock you. Most people just do not want to make the headlines therefore they say nothing about it.

Nigerians are languishing in foreign jails and it is easy to throw the stone because we feel that we are in Nigeria. Many Nigerians are honest and zealous with their works yet the stigma lands them in jail. Not that they are guilty of any crime but anything labelled on Nigerians get a pass as long as it is negative. Our image has been gravely tarnished and it is this way because our giovernment keeps quiet and keeps pointting fingers. Once you talk about drugs, the Yoruba and Hausa look out for an Igbo name. We keep pelting stones but the reality is that the whites do not know the difference between Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa. The reality is that drug is not associated with any tribe but with the orientation given to a person. I have seen Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba in serious drug business and no one can tell me that drug belongs to a particular tribe.

We have a president in Aso rock today who is guilty of trying to move a consignment containing a kidnapped human being who was still breathing and packaged like an ordinary manufactured material in 1984. If a president would dare to move a human being disguised like ordinary goods, what punishment should befit him? Why are our nationals not protected yet we keep paying billions of our naira to ambassadors and ministers? Why are they so insensitive to the plights of Nigerians abroad?

Come what may, if not today one of your family members will have the need to travel to a foreign land. Before you label these guys criminals, make sure that they are rightly criminalized for the exact crime that they committed because it might be your relative tomorrow begging for his life for something that he does not know about.

Are we allowed to say a thing? Do we have a voice? Sadly, we don't because the same masses that you speak out for are the very ones to pelt you for no reason.

76 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Two Nigerians Executed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking by blaise00700(m): 9:16am On Jan 31, 2018
Na fly way no dey hear dey follow dead body enter grave.

R.I.P to the dead.
Re: Two Nigerians Executed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking by CharlesJok3r: 9:16am On Jan 31, 2018
NCAN RIGHT NOW shocked

But disappointed anyway grin

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Two Nigerians Executed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking by Nobody: 9:17am On Jan 31, 2018
Nigerians are wicked by default... Corrupt individuals who don't care about the harm they can cause to a country

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Nigerians Executed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking by Odunsco01(m): 9:17am On Jan 31, 2018
it is well
Re: Two Nigerians Executed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking by Bossontop(m): 9:17am On Jan 31, 2018
undecided
Im so high i cant even check dia names....abeg has anybody checked yet??

1 Share

Re: Two Nigerians Executed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking by eTECTIVe(m): 9:18am On Jan 31, 2018
I'm pretty sure all of dem went there under d cover of pilgrimage.. I can smell d disappointment above becos I am pretty sure dey came to check names

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Nigerians Executed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking by ghiloman28(m): 9:18am On Jan 31, 2018
OK

Re: Two Nigerians Executed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking by funlord(m): 9:18am On Jan 31, 2018
Ibrahim Ciroma and Maimidu Issah?

So some islamist musulimi are now also into development? Wayo Allah! grin

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Two Nigerians Executed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking by maximunimpact(m): 9:18am On Jan 31, 2018
serves them right, the idiyots thinks they in Nigeria where anything goes

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerians Executed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking by braine(m): 9:18am On Jan 31, 2018
They knew the conseqquences of their actions. So, good for them.
Re: Two Nigerians Executed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking by kenevision(m): 9:18am On Jan 31, 2018
Say No to Drug Trafficking, it never ends well sad
Re: Two Nigerians Executed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking by Esctassyboy: 9:18am On Jan 31, 2018
Hmmmmmm
Re: Two Nigerians Executed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking by Philinho(m): 9:19am On Jan 31, 2018
one of Demerits of this govt is that crime rate is increasing daily with her citizens home n abroad .Bubu most go

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Nigerians Executed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking by guywitzerogal(m): 9:20am On Jan 31, 2018
daewoorazer:

Source:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/01/alleged-drug-trafficking-two-nigerians-executed-saudi-arabia/

am nt a Zombie bt I must say ds which buhari are u talking bout? When u decided to carry drug go another person country so u can b rich did u consider d risk?

1 Like

Re: Two Nigerians Executed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking by EweduAfonja(f): 9:20am On Jan 31, 2018
What's their names please
Re: Two Nigerians Executed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking by TheKingIsHere: 9:20am On Jan 31, 2018
Skepticus:
Depend on the Nigerian Government at your peril.

By the way, Saudi Arabia, Singapore and Indonesia are countries known to take the issue of drug trafficking serious.

What you get as a violator is expected

See what tribalism and hatred has reduced u to.

In the other thread u were quick to shout usual suspects but now that it involves your people you are blowing grammar.
.see ur statement in the other thread as a quick reminder

Skepticus:
Usual Suspects!

Some Nigerians won't just listen.

When they are convicted and put on death row, they begin to lament to the Nigerian Government

6 Likes

Re: Two Nigerians Executed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking by benben1000: 9:21am On Jan 31, 2018
funlord:

Ibrahim Ciroma and Maimidu Issah?

So some islamist musulimi are now also into development? Wayo Allah! grin

Maimadu Issah is a Yoruba Muslim from North...Kwara.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Two Nigerians Executed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking by TheKingIsHere: 9:23am On Jan 31, 2018
benben1000:

Maimadu Issah is a Yoruba Muslim.

Lies
Re: Two Nigerians Executed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking by Spidermon: 9:23am On Jan 31, 2018
It is a pity but i seriously doubt anything can be done to help those guys.

With the way Nigerians in Nigeria die on a daily basis, I dont see how Saudi would be gingered to save Nigerians.

It is no wonder some countries already kill Nigerians for sport
Re: Two Nigerians Executed In Saudi Arabia Over Drug Trafficking by TheKingIsHere: 9:23am On Jan 31, 2018
Philinho:
one of Demerits of this govt is that crime rate is increasing daily with her citizens home n abroad .Bubu most go

Exactly.

A lot of people are now into crime because of the hardship inflicted by this Buhari government

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

3 Car Snatchers Arrested In Akwa Ibom (Pics) / Gombe Police Arrest 5 Teenage Girls For ‘Killing’ Friend Over Boyfriend / 4-Year-Old Boy Killed By His Father's Landlord In Ogun (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.