Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,987 members, 7,835,306 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Stop Forcing The Younger Ones To Choose A Career Path That They Don't Like - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Stop Forcing The Younger Ones To Choose A Career Path That They Don't Like (335 Views)

Ambrose Alli University Reacts To Forcing Medical Students To Sign Undertaking / Student Beats Teacher To Death For Flogging His Younger Sister In Delta (Photo) / Adeleke University accused of forcing Muslims to attend church, MURIC reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stop Forcing The Younger Ones To Choose A Career Path That They Don't Like by lawlhee: 6:18am On Feb 01, 2018
I can still remember very vividly when I was about entering senior class. Every one was trying to get to one department or the other. There were peeps going to science, commercial and art department. Some chose paths that they never can cross, I noticed a lot among us chose their department because of pressure from home as well as peer pressure.
I guess it's because of the way we look at art and commercial department here which gives preference to science before others. But I can tell u that even back then some didn't know the elements of science. I chose art cos that's where the whole of my love falls in and I've never in my life regretted it. I chose to stand tall and stand for what I love.
So what am I trying to say? Well what I'm saying is that learn to be independent and do not be influenced by someone who DOESN'T understand your preference and ambition. Cos at the end of the day it's your career and yours alone.

(1) (Reply)

Unilag Parttime / Zimbabwe: Vice Chancellor Arrested Over Grace Mugabe's 'fake' Phd / 5 Possible Reasons Why Students Fail In College

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.