Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,146 members, 7,835,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Nigeria Attracts US$66 Billion In Domestic And Foreign Investment Commitments - Investment (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Nigeria Attracts US$66 Billion In Domestic And Foreign Investment Commitments (7088 Views)

Zuckerberg Loses $7 Billion In Hours As Facebook Plunges / Nigerian Stock Market Investors Lose N136.88 Billion In Five Days / Election Result: Nigerian Stock Market Loses N85 Billion In 6 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Attracts US$66 Billion In Domestic And Foreign Investment Commitments by diegwu01: 6:37pm On Feb 01, 2018
lol!
even those with 3rd class and Extremely low 2nd Class Lower and IQ are complaining about not feeling the impact.. grin grin werey!
Even when the offer comes, to send meaningful CV or compose a simple covering letter na wahala for you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Attracts US$66 Billion In Domestic And Foreign Investment Commitments by Benekruku(m): 6:45pm On Feb 01, 2018
magoo10:
Lol wey the commitments na and the dullard is still looking for $1billion dollar loan to fight boko haram.
APC and propaganda is like 5&6

You are dull

All your class teachers and lecturers should be killed

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Attracts US$66 Billion In Domestic And Foreign Investment Commitments by Sirjamo: 6:55pm On Feb 01, 2018
yaki84:

must u quote me?
Why my opinion dey pain ur brain?
Sorry, you don't come to Nairaland if you don't want to be quoted

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Attracts US$66 Billion In Domestic And Foreign Investment Commitments by heo88(m): 8:11pm On Feb 01, 2018
presidency:
According to the Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC), Nigeria attracted US$66 billion in domestic and foreign investment commitments in 2017.

The 112 projects cover the oil & gas, manufacturing, agriculture, real estate, transportation, mining sectors, and so on, across 27 States and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

How credible is this source? Is it bluff/propaganda? You know, the whole "fake it to you make it" ish.

This could be true, but there are several reasons as to why it may be false. Foreign investment sentiment for Nigeria has been low throughout Buhari's tenure; moreover many are tentatively on the sidelines waiting to see how the elections will turn out before committing.

For what it's worth, World Bank data for the period 1991-2015 had demonstrated a year-on-year loss; in other words Nigeria, according to the data, has been paying more out to investors than it has received. Such losses aren't sustainable.

There has been mooted investment in Oil and other areas but $66 billion is questionable to say the least. In any case these investments seldom translate into job opportunities for Nigerians; even where they do, such jobs are inherently unstable, as can be seen with Jumia job cuts etc.
Re: Nigeria Attracts US$66 Billion In Domestic And Foreign Investment Commitments by OBAGADAFFI: 9:10pm On Feb 01, 2018
Oil/gas and Energy still account for more than 50%

That is why Bayelsa and Rivers top the list.

With all the noise about diversification.

Agriculture is just 5%, with all the agriculture propaganda
Re: Nigeria Attracts US$66 Billion In Domestic And Foreign Investment Commitments by fkj950ax(m): 9:20pm On Feb 01, 2018
presidency:
According to the Nigerian Investment Promotion Commission (NIPC), Nigeria attracted US$66 billion in domestic and foreign investment commitments in 2017.

The 112 projects cover the oil & gas, manufacturing, agriculture, real estate, transportation, mining sectors, and so on, across 27 States and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).

Can I get the source PowerPoint file to read more on this from NIPC
Re: Nigeria Attracts US$66 Billion In Domestic And Foreign Investment Commitments by xlander(m): 10:35pm On Feb 01, 2018
magoo10:
Lol wey the commitments na and the dullard is still looking for $1billion dollar loan to fight boko haram and make the economy poorer.
APC and propaganda is like 5&6
Na wao
Re: Nigeria Attracts US$66 Billion In Domestic And Foreign Investment Commitments by ItsMeAboki(m): 4:04am On Feb 02, 2018
Sirjamo:
Those who possess business foresight know what Nigeria will be under Buhari and they are bringing there money in billions

But wailers would tell you differently.
Re: Nigeria Attracts US$66 Billion In Domestic And Foreign Investment Commitments by Tunks2017(m): 5:58am On Feb 02, 2018

Re: Nigeria Attracts US$66 Billion In Domestic And Foreign Investment Commitments by ofwest47(m): 8:18am On Feb 02, 2018
The haters and wailers will be blind to see those on going projects
Re: Nigeria Attracts US$66 Billion In Domestic And Foreign Investment Commitments by PastorAji(m): 8:43pm On Feb 02, 2018
Presidency,

The official siaman of Zone-Beism in Nairaland

Any other siaman here is a counterfeit

Oops I'm sorry

Sarki
Madridguy
SirJamo
Ngeneukwenu are comrade at arms.....

ofwest47:
The haters and wailers will be blind to see those on going projects
Oops another member of the Zone-Bees

Quote me and enter the Lagoon

Re: Nigeria Attracts US$66 Billion In Domestic And Foreign Investment Commitments by Sirjamo: 8:56pm On Feb 02, 2018
PastorAji:
Presidency,
The official siaman of Zone-Beism in Nairaland
Any other siaman here is a counterfeit
Oops I'm sorry
Sarki Madridguy SirJamo Ngeneukwenu are comrade at arms.....

Oops another member of the Zone-Bees
Quote me and enter the Lagoon
Okesuku, you no go go hawk Okpa?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Buy Crypto And make Passive Income In Nigeria / Shoprite Port Harcourt, Long Over Due. / Thank You MMM I Just Got Paid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.