Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

How Many Words Of Unique Content Does Adsense Require On Each Webpage? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Many Words Of Unique Content Does Adsense Require On Each Webpage? (747 Views)

Does Adsense Approve A Month Old Website (new Website)? / Who Does Adsense Approval 15,000 Naira / New And Easy Way To Convert Webpage To Pdf Files On Chrome In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Many Words Of Unique Content Does Adsense Require On Each Webpage? by Omokowa(m): 2:05pm On Feb 01, 2018
John asked and Dave answered:

I've always been told that AdSense requires that at least 300 words (bare minimum) of unique text appears on each individual webpage serving AdSense Ads, but I see far too many sites that DON'T do this which leads me to believe that I am wrong.

Not to get anyone in trouble but here is an example: http://www.thebrofessional.net/30-times-trump-out-trumped-himself/

Now, I've done some "pagination" articles on my website, as per the example above, as well but each of my pages typically, in those cases, has 300-500 words of unique content.

I’m seeking a straight answer (hopefully from someone who simply doesn't have an opinion but who knows the answer with 100 percent certainty). How many words of content are REALLY needed on paginated pages? Are the folks who are NOT doing this simply breaking the rules and are subject to having their websites cut-off from AdSense Ads upon manual review?

Dave answered:

"I’m seeking a straight answer (hopefully from someone who simply doesn't have an opinion but who knows the answer with 100 percent certainty)."

I have a much different approach than most TC’s.

Nobody can give you anything with 100% certainty. Google does not provide a number because they are not interested in a publisher doing the bare minimum.

Things have changed a lot since Google introduced AdSense over a decade ago. Before, it was fairly easy to get an AdSense account if you had a site with only 25 - 30 posts, with 200-300 words. Now, Google wants an established site that is fully developed. Since Google only accepts about 7% of all sites submitted for inclusion in AdSense, they want sites of the highest professional quality.

You must create a site that has copious amounts of unique and original content. (Forget nonsense like gaming, anything iPhone/tech, movie reviews, make money online...you get the picture.) @Luzie had a great list of topics Google automatically rejects. Maybe he will post it here.

Your content must be interesting and compelling. It must be written in a professional manner with correct grammar, agreement, and syntax. If English is not your primary language, and you have low expressive skills, you will be best served by hiring a proofreader who graduated from college and speaks English as his first language. (This will be expensive.)

I always recommend taking 8-12 months and creating a high-quality/professional quality site of 100+ pages. (Creating a post every other day for eight months will give you about 120+ posts - 15x8 =120.) I also recommend your posts be 1200 - 2000 words in length. Several pages should be up to 2500. Google wants quality pages that rank highly in on-page SEO.

The reason I recommend 1200 - 2000 words is because both the on-page SEO, and AdSense works much better with articles of that length. I just read a blog post that said the average number of words for articles ranking 1, 2, and 3 on Page 1 of Google for any search term, is 2500. That's what the author will be writing and what he will start recommending to his readers.

In this recent article on ProBlogger, the author recommended that you go 1500+ words because that type of article will do so much better in the search engines.

The myth of creating short posts, because people will not read (or forward) longer posts, is a lot of crap popularized by people who do not want to get off their dead butts and put in the hard word necessary to develop a professional-grade site. Take a few minutes and read through these links.

http://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2014/05/05/longform-content

http://thewritepractice.com/blog-post-length/

https://blog.kissmetrics.com/create-long-form-content/

https://www.thesaleslion.com/long-blog-posts-content-marketing/

You can try to create a site with 20 to 30 posts…300 - 500 words, but I really do not think you will ever be accepted. Google is looking for extreme quality. It is a lot different now, than when I submitted a fitness and weight loss site back in 2006, which had about 60 static pages, of 500 - 800 words.

Here is a recent article on how difficult it is to create quality content. This author provides a strategy for creating what he calls 10x Content, so that you will rank higher. (My guess is that it will be more work than 99% of AdSense applicants will want to do.)

Google wants your traffic coming from organic searches, and it wants the quality of your writing to be top of the line. It only accepts about 7% of all the sites submitted. Google can afford to be picky because they pay the best of any online ad brokerage. They demand top-quality sites for the Adwords advertisers.

Everything you create must be from your own experiences, perspective, and frame of reference. NO copy/paste of content stolen from other sites. NO images stolen from other sites. NO spun articles. NO inspired or rephrased content taken from other articles you have read. NO traffic from Facebook, Twitter, or other social media platforms.

It will take a lot of very hard work on your part. Google rejects about 93% of all sites submitted for acceptance. Most applicants do not want to work that hard, they want us to give them some magical secret to make boatloads of money in the next three minutes.

My guess is that this is NOT the answer you wanted to hear. Truly, your best bet is to take a full year and develop a professional-quality site. Good luck.

*"but I see far too many sites that DON'T do this which leads me to believe that I am wrong."

Just because a site has AdSense on it doesn't mean it qualified with that site. Many publishers qualify with legit sites, but get greedy and put their code on substandard sites that they can throw up in a few days. These sites usually do not make any money. If they do happen to reach the payout threshold level, Google's Security Dept. will thoroughly review them before cutting a commission check.

(1) (Reply)

Mark Zuckerberg Is Live On Facebook - Watch The Broadcast / Wordpress Hosting, I Have A Question ? / What Is The Best Adsense Alternative For Blogs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.