Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,340 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Scam Alert: Beware Of A Fraudster Named Owoyokun Johnson Ayoola - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Scam Alert: Beware Of A Fraudster Named Owoyokun Johnson Ayoola (680 Views)

A Swindler And Fraudster Named Aderonbi Kayode Solomon / Ayoola Adisa Ajayi Kidnaps, Murders And Burns A Lady In The U.S (Photos) / SARS Operatives Shoot Man Wrongly Labeled A Fraudster In Ojota - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Scam Alert: Beware Of A Fraudster Named Owoyokun Johnson Ayoola by gboladiran(m): 12:39am On Feb 02, 2018
Hello Nairalanders,

I am obliged to inform and warn the public and potential scam victims as much as I can before someone else fall prey just as I did to this scammer called Owoyokun Johnson Ayoola (07065229553 - This was his number which is now switched off). I met Ayoola through a close friend of mine with whom I have previously discussed possibilities of additional sources of income. So he told me Ayoola once discussed some Agro business with him and asked me if I was interested. I told him I was interested and since the Ayoola is known to him. My friend then introduced me to Ayoola and we had a short meeting where he analysed how the business will be run. The business has to do with buying and selling and transportation of Sweet Potatoes from far North to be sold in Lagos. I thought it's a viable business and decided to invest some money with him to coordinate the business. I invested N84,000 which according to him was for 20 bags of potatoes out of a total of 120 bags. He made me believe he was paying for the remaining 100 bags.This business was supposedly to take less than a week to complete but has now taken forever without any return whatsoever.

Since I transferred the money to Ayoola's GTB account number: 0228784246 on the 30 October, 2017, all he has fed me with are excuses upon lies about the expected goods from the North. Frustration set in and I requested that my money be returned but instead he continued to promise to pay and failed on several occasion. All effort to meet with him afterward were also frustrated by his lies. I informed my friend who was also monitoring the progress of the business to ensure all went smoothly but it all turned out that all the information my friend had about him were all fakes.

I realised my mistakes for not doing due diligence before entrusting my money with some I know little about but I learnt my lessons. When It was dawn on me that Ayoola has actually scammed me, I took steps to make him pay back my money. I reported to ICPC and EFCC. ICPC said such case is out of their jurisdiction and advised I sue him (someone I couldn't even locate). EFCC on their part were responsive though really slow because according to them, it wasn't an established case

I did some personal underground check on him and found out the church (Name withheld) he attended. I visited the church in Lagos but was informed that he attended the Abuja branch. I later spoke with and explained the situation to the Resident pastor in Lagos who promised to assist to call the Abuja branch to find out. The pastor eventually found out that Ayoola had actually scammed some church members to the tune of millions of Naira (According to the pastor). He had at the time absconded from the church according to the pastor and even the church was looking for him.

This development was brought to EFCC's attention and they asked if the other victims were willing to petition them. I told the pastor about this but in the long run, it seem to me that he was no more interested and never responded to my messages.

All in all, I have not yet been able to bring Ayoola Owoyokun to book but I see it as a duty to warn the public about him. If any Nairalander happen to know him or his family. I assure you, this is what he does to people. Someone saw my post on Facebook and chatted me privately that she was defrauded by this guy some years back in Plateau state. This is not a case of character defamation of any sort, I have evidences of transfer done to him and our conversation from the start till he disappeared.

I will also welcome suggestions from anyone on how to track him.

Attached are his pictures

Thank you

Re: Scam Alert: Beware Of A Fraudster Named Owoyokun Johnson Ayoola by koolaid87: 1:31am On Feb 02, 2018
God punish this scammer and thanks for posting your ordeal so people out there won't fall victim

On the other hand, I can't imagine you involved the efcc and icpc. (Nothing wrong with that move though) but I wouldn't trust both agencies to leave billions of dollars and start pursuing your 80k

Sometimes we learned the hard way.

Bless you Bro
Re: Scam Alert: Beware Of A Fraudster Named Owoyokun Johnson Ayoola by gboladiran(m): 2:03am On Feb 02, 2018
Thanks bro. I knew I stand little chance with agencies, I just wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt.

koolaid87:
God punish this scammer and thanks for posting your ordeal so people out there won't fall a victim

On the other hand, I can't imagine you involved the efcc and icpc. (Nothing wrong with that move) but I wouldn't trust both agencies to leave billions of dollars and start pursuing your 80k

Sometimes we learned the hard way.

Bless you Bro

(1) (Reply)

School Supervisor Adegboyega Adenekan Rapes 11 yrs Old Child / “animal” Sentenced To 60 Years In Prison For Raping A 7 Year Old Pupil / Has Anyone Found This Guy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.