Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,358 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Enquiry On Schengen - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Enquiry On Schengen (3150 Views)

Schengen Italy Visa Application Processed In 5days / What Is The Fastest & Easiest Schengen Tourist Visa To Get / Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enquiry On Schengen by blackfase(m): 7:51am On Feb 02, 2018
Good morning good people of travel section. Pls I'm in need of info of any Schengen country with the most less cumbersome process from Nigeria. I'm sure there's also such existing thread, any one with heads up can kindly direct me there.

Many thanks...

1 Like

Re: Enquiry On Schengen by sesan1979: 10:14am On Feb 02, 2018
hello people i want to know about France please what can you tell me about it
Re: Enquiry On Schengen by sesan1979: 12:29pm On Feb 02, 2018
you want me to text that number? ??
Re: Enquiry On Schengen by MoneyMattersNG: 1:56pm On Feb 02, 2018
blackfase:
Good morning good people of travel section. Pls I'm in need of info of any Schengen country with the most less cumbersome process from Nigeria. I'm sure there's also such existing thread, any one with heads up can kindly direct me there.

Many thanks...

What kind of info are you looking for??
Re: Enquiry On Schengen by blackfase(m): 2:05pm On Feb 02, 2018
Thanks for dropping by. What I mean is for instance, applying through a particular country may be less stressful than the other, or having a better chance, for example, applying with a country like Estonia instead of going through a country like Germany. I'm hoping I can get such valuable info here....

MoneyMattersNG:

What kind of info are you looking for??

1 Like

Re: Enquiry On Schengen by blackfase(m): 2:06pm On Feb 02, 2018
What number are you talking about pls...

sesan1979:
you want me to text that number? ??
Re: Enquiry On Schengen by MoneyMattersNG: 2:12pm On Feb 02, 2018
blackfase:

Thanks for dropping by. What I mean is for instance, applying through a particular country may be less stressful than the other, or having a better chance, for example, applying with a country like Estonia instead of going through a country like Germany. I'm hoping I can get such valuable info here....

If you are applying from Nigeria,

-It is actually better to process your visa application directly from the embassy of the country you are traveling to.

-These are the General Requirements for Applying for a Schengen Visa in Nigeria.

-Copy of the passport page with the photograph and those mentioning an extension of validity.

- 1 color ID photograph, size, 3,5×4,5, taken recently,on a plain white Background.
- Passport with a validity of at least 3-6 months from the date of departure + at least two empty pages.
- Filled schengen visa Application Form.
- Letter of introduction to the Embassy.
- Proofs of the applicant’s personal income preferably a copy from the bank,15 days prior to the application.
- Confirmed reservation of return flight ticket(s).
- Proofs of accommodation for the complete duration of stay in the Schengen countries.
- Copy of previous visa example Canada,US, UK Etc
- Your proof of employment from your employer.
- A letter of invitation addressed to the Embassy you are applying to.
- Copy of the certificate of trade registration or other appropriate document for business owners.
- Copy of medical insurance valid for the length of stay and for all Schengen countries, A minimum corresponding to a medical coverage of 30,000 Euros is mandatory.

---
people have secured their schengen visas through Italy and Czech Republic embassies in Nigeria.

Czech Republic application fee is also cheaper

About (N13,000 - N15,000),however you have to book online and the embassy is located only in Abuja.

But all the same,the general criteria and requirements must be met before you are issued a schengen visa else your application will be rejected.

Hope this helps...

7 Likes

Re: Enquiry On Schengen by blackfase(m): 2:50pm On Feb 02, 2018
Yes it does, it cleared a lot of concerns and I do really appreciate. However there's a couple of questions id like to ask further when im settled, based on your response....

Hope this ain't a bother tho....

Thanks

MoneyMattersNG:

If you are applying from Nigeria,

-It is actually better to process your visa application directly from the embassy of the country you are traveling to.

-These are the General Requirements for Applying for a Schengen Visa in Nigeria.

-Copy of the passport page with the photograph and those mentioning an extension of validity.

- 1 color ID photograph, size, 3,5×4,5, taken recently,on a plain white Background.
- Passport with a validity of at least 3-6 months from the date of departure + at least two empty pages.
- Filled schengen visa Application Form.
- Letter of introduction to the Embassy.
- Proofs of the applicant’s personal income preferably a copy from the bank,15 days prior to the application.
- Confirmed reservation of return flight ticket(s).
- Proofs of accommodation for the complete duration of stay in the Schengen countries.
- Copy of previous visa example Canada,US, UK Etc
- Your proof of employment from your employer.
- A letter of invitation addressed to the Embassy you are applying to.
- Copy of the certificate of trade registration or other appropriate document for business owners.
- Copy of medical insurance valid for the length of stay and for all Schengen countries, A minimum corresponding to a medical coverage of 30,000 Euros is mandatory.

---
people have secured their schengen visas through Italy and Czech Republic embassies in Nigeria.

Czech Republic application fee is also cheaper

About (N13,000 - N15,000),however you have to book online and the embassy is located only in Abuja.

But all the same,the general criteria and requirements must be met before you are issued a schengen visa else your application will be rejected.

Hope this helps...
Re: Enquiry On Schengen by pansophist(m): 5:19pm On Feb 02, 2018
blackfase:

Many thanks...

All Schengen countries immigration laws operate under ''regulation (ec) no 810/2009 of the European parliament'' (popularly known as the visa code). Here is a link to the document.

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32009R0810&from=EN

With this in mind, it is established that all Schengen countries have the same visa requirements. For example, visa application form for all Schengen countries is the same, the visa fee is the same (60euros), and some countries that do not have embassies in Nigeria are represented by other Schengen member states (e.g Latvia and Sweden, Netherlands and Belgium/France etc).

To get a visa, you must fulfill the entry conditions as stipulated in the Schengen visa code (article 14), as all Schengen embassies operate under the same rule. So there is no such thing as less cumbersome process, but a qualified applicant.

Goodluck.

3 Likes

Re: Enquiry On Schengen by blackfase(m): 11:26pm On Feb 02, 2018
Thanks

pansophist:

All Schengen countries immigration laws operate under ''regulation (ec) no 810/2009 of the European parliament'' (popularly known as the visa code). Here is a link to the document.

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:32009R0810&from=EN

With this in mind, it is established that all Schengen countries have the same visa requirements. For example, visa application form for all Schengen countries is the same, the visa fee is the same (60euros), and some countries that do not have embassies in Nigeria are represented by other Schengen member states (e.g Latvia and Sweden, Netherlands and Belgium/France etc).

To get a visa, you must fulfill the entry conditions as stipulated in the Schengen visa code (article 14), as all Schengen embassies operate under the same rule. So there is no such thing as less cumbersome process, but a qualified applicant.

Goodluck.
Re: Enquiry On Schengen by Eweren: 7:24am On Jun 01, 2018
Good morning please what about Eu spouse what requirement pls I was given 10days before but I want more than 10days what can i do please

1 Like

Re: Enquiry On Schengen by DisturbingEU(m): 8:14am On Jun 01, 2018
If you are married to an EU citizen then u should apply for a reunification visa but it depends on which EU state he or she is.. e.g If its Germany then u should apply for family reunion.

Eweren:
Good morning please what about Eu spouse what requirement pls I was given 10days before but I want more than 10days what can i do please
Re: Enquiry On Schengen by Eweren: 7:19pm On Jun 01, 2018
DisturbingEU:
If you are married to an EU citizen then u should apply for a reunification visa but it depends on which EU state he or she is.. e.g If its Germany then u should apply for family reunion.

my husband a british citizen

1 Like

Re: Enquiry On Schengen by DisturbingEU(m): 7:22pm On Jun 01, 2018
Eweren:

He should file for you.. check travel section i think there is a thread for UK spouse u can ask questions there... cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/823869/uk-spouse-visa-appeal-process-part2

Prolly start from Part 1
Re: Enquiry On Schengen by Eweren: 7:56pm On Jun 01, 2018
Eweren:
we see in france now I want more than 10days that was given to me
Re: Enquiry On Schengen by Eweren: 7:57pm On Jun 01, 2018
DisturbingEU:

He should file for you.. check travel section i think there is a thread for UK spouse u can ask questions there... cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/823869/uk-spouse-visa-appeal-process-part2

Prolly start from Part 1
Yes he will but not now I'm not done with school yet that's why so I just want to build my travelling history first

1 Like

Re: Enquiry On Schengen by Eweren: 8:12am On Jun 02, 2018
smiley
Re: Enquiry On Schengen by DisturbingEU(m): 11:37am On Jun 02, 2018
Eweren:

Yes he will but not now I'm not done with school yet that's why so I just want to build my travelling history first

Very nice then... i wish the very best in the future cool

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of Private Jet To Lagos From London One Way. / Travelling To Canada Through Conference / I Need Urgent Help With Singapore Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.