Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,719 members, 7,820,505 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

UNIPORT Professor Begs For Financial Assistance Online,Says "I'm Now A Destitude - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIPORT Professor Begs For Financial Assistance Online,Says "I'm Now A Destitude (339 Views)

Video Of A Lecturer Sexually Harassing A Student Released By RSUTV - UNIPORT / UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding / UNICAL Recalls Professor Cyril Ndifon After Rape Accusation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

UNIPORT Professor Begs For Financial Assistance Online,Says "I'm Now A Destitude by Upritman(m): 9:37am On Feb 02, 2018
@SuanusBlog

Professor Andrew Efemini of the University of Port-Harcourt in Rivers State has taken to social media to beg for financial assistance from Nigerians, describing himself as a "destitute".

Efemini who is a professor of philosophy of development and a social commentator took to his social media page to explain his ordeal urging Nigerians to help him urgently.

In a post on Facebook, the vocal prof wrote:

I AM NOW A DESTITUTE

"Having survived five months as against the statutory three months of suspension, I am left with no option but to inform the public that I now need financial support to continue to survive.

I have informed the university in writing that as a diabetic and hypertensive patient, my life is threatened by the cut of my salary as a result of my suspension from duty to allegations over students related agitations over fee policies of the university of Port Harcourt.

I have contemplated suicide severally with a suicide message for the Nigerian people on how a Professor or anybody at that should not be treated. I hope the university of Port Harcourt will take note of this paragraph.

I see people who are supposed to be my friends pass me everyday unconcerned about how I survive. May be that is human nature.

Not even the Union ASUU has shown concern about my life threatening conditions. The Union where I was branch chairman for five years. Strange things happen.

Please, concerned Nigerians should come to my aid. I need at least N50,000 each month to buy my insulin alone. I also buy other drugs. I have a to also run.

Please don't ignore this post. It is my last effort to stay alive. People who think that speaking for students is a crime must be put to shame.

My account details:

Andrew Efemini

UBA

THANKS TO YOU ALL. Students mobilize to support my survival. No amount is too small."

Source: http://www.suanusblog.com/2018/02/uniport-lecturer-begs-for-financial.html

(1) (Reply)

The Nation 47 ABU Students Awarded Scholarships By Chinese Gov’t / Adegboyega Adenekan: Between Professionalism And Sensationalism / Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.