Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,265 members, 7,815,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding (12879 Views)

EKSU May Lose Over 50 Courses Accreditation / ABU Students Return N2.5m To Owner (Photos) / Many Geologists Are Riding Okada - Olugbenga Okunlola, UI Professor Of Geology (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by BleedingPen: 9:57am On Jul 02, 2023
University of Benin (UNIBEN) Geology Department has raised the alarm that the department is at the verge of losing its accreditation, while appealing for the public to come to its rescue.

The alarm was raised in a letter signed by the Head of the Department, Professor O. E. Imasuen, and addressed to all alumni of the Department, sighted by METROWATCH.

A copy of the letter obtained by METROWATCH on Friday dated 27th June, 2023 was titled: ‘Appeal for Fund to Save the Department of Geology, University of Benin’.

Imasuen said the Department have been given a last chance to face the accreditation between 6 – 11 August by the Council of Nigerian Mining Engineers and Geoscientists (CONMEG).

According to him, in order to prepare for the accreditation, the Department has to raise a minimum of two million, five hundred thousand Naira (N2,500,000.00).

He explained that the N2.5 million Naira would be used to cover accreditation fee, transportation, accommodation, feeding and other logistics for the CONEG accreditation team.

Imasuen said the biggest challenge now is that UNIBEN has stopped funding of accreditation by any professional body as it is now entirely up to the department to source for fund for accreditation of their programme.

The Head of Department, therefore, appealed to all alumni of the Department of Geology, UNIBEN to come urgently to the aid of the department for this accreditation and other teething needs of the department.

CONMEG is the professional regulatory body for Mining Engineering and Geosciences degree programs in Nigeria.

https://metrowatchxtra.com/2023/06/30/save-us-from-losing-accreditation-uniben-geology-begs-for-n2-5m-metrowatch/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by BleedingPen: 9:58am On Jul 02, 2023
Thoughts?

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by thesicilian: 10:04am On Jul 02, 2023
Just 2.5m? I can gift them the money if they'll name the department after me.

105 Likes 7 Shares

Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by JaneYave(f): 10:35am On Jul 02, 2023
Reactive measures seldom are the best! This is an urgent need and the university needed have done much more right from when they got notice of accreditation visit. Putting students currently studying those courses in a pressurizing situation is unreasonable.

6 Likes

Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by MXrep: 11:04am On Jul 02, 2023
They should reach out to their alumni. 2.5m is small money

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by helinues: 11:06am On Jul 02, 2023
If private universities can be for profit purpose, our state and national tertiary should also put their acts together and stop depending on free money from government

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by Sweetrosie(f): 11:31am On Jul 02, 2023
helinues:
If private universities can be for profit purpose, our state and national tertiary should also put their acts together and srol depending on free money from government

Are you aware that Germany offers their Citizens tuition free university program, even to international students.

So I ask you, what are Nigerians benefiting from their God given mineral resources??

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by helinues: 11:34am On Jul 02, 2023
Sweetrosie:

Are you aware that Germany offers their Citizens tuition free university program, even to international students.

So I ask you, what are Nigerians benefiting from their God given mineral resources??

Is Nigeria and Germany mates economically?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by ratiani6: 11:35am On Jul 02, 2023
Too many bad news here and there

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by OneCandleAway(f): 11:45am On Jul 02, 2023
helinues:

You'd be suprised Nigeria has more resources than Germany but corruption, mismanagement is the problem with Nigeria.

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by helinues: 11:50am On Jul 02, 2023
OneCandleAway:

You'd be suprised Nigeria has more resources than Germany but corruption, mismanagement is the problem with Nigeria.

Is that the question I asked?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by OneCandleAway(f): 11:58am On Jul 02, 2023
helinues:

Is that the question I asked?

Ask again.

10 Likes

Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by helinues: 11:59am On Jul 02, 2023
OneCandleAway:

Ask again.

Remove the super glue in your eyes and re read what you quote earlier

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by Sweetrosie(f): 12:00pm On Jul 02, 2023
helinues:

But you can compare them with Nigeria when it suits you??

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by helinues: 12:01pm On Jul 02, 2023
Sweetrosie:

But you can compare them with Nigeria when it suits you??

Don't just accuse, proof when and where

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by Sweetrosie(f): 12:19pm On Jul 02, 2023
helinues:

Don't just accuse, proof when and where

Abeg gerrout...make me and you dey do hide and seek.

You think people don't see the nonsense you do and defend here?? Go face your gateman work Abeg

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by OneCandleAway(f): 12:38pm On Jul 02, 2023
helinues:

Remove the super glue in your eyes and re read what you quote earlier

Ask again

Weyrey

24 Likes

Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by crossfm: 3:34pm On Jul 02, 2023
Hehehe .

The money is small,let them task each other .

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by nairalanda1(m): 3:34pm On Jul 02, 2023
helinues:
If private universities can be for profit purpose, our state and national tertiary should also put their acts together and stop depending on free money from government

That means fee increases, which also means that at the end....
Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by QuinModah(f): 3:34pm On Jul 02, 2023
grin
Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by 8by6incherr: 3:34pm On Jul 02, 2023
Where is Damn nigga,

Its not alright

3 Likes

Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by specialmati(m): 3:35pm On Jul 02, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin just imagine.
Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by nairalanda1(m): 3:35pm On Jul 02, 2023
Sweetrosie:

Are you aware that Germans pay for free education with tax rates at 45-50% of income?

Also, Germany's tax to gdp is 39%...ours just manages to reach 10%

German GDP is 4.26 trillion dollars, compared to our 442 billion dollars(not up to a trillion even)

German population is..83.2 million compared to our 220 million people.

Yeah, and you expect us to get free education? LOL.

Germany has the money to pay for free education. We don't, plus the APC looterocrats make matters worse.

21 Likes 7 Shares

Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by Beess(m): 3:35pm On Jul 02, 2023
Jhgf
Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by Idamond: 3:37pm On Jul 02, 2023
they should name it after me, I'll give them.
Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by amerengues(m): 3:38pm On Jul 02, 2023
nairalanda1:

Are you aware that Germans pay for free education with tax rates at 45-50% of income?

Correct! Even Norway has stopped. Let them mention another country.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by drlaykay(m): 3:38pm On Jul 02, 2023
My concern is what the money is to be used for. More like robbing palms kind of money. The body responsible for accreditation should be responsible for its team's transportation, feeding, logistics and the likes.

All these system practised in Nigeria is funny.

I stand to be corrected

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by LADEMINUS: 3:39pm On Jul 02, 2023
Sweetrosie:

Name the school. I will tell you the bill lol.
No be only tuition free

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by LZAA: 3:39pm On Jul 02, 2023
Sweetrosie:

Abeg gerrout...make me and you dey do hide and seek.

You think people don't see the nonsense you do and defend here?? Go face your gateman work Abeg
grin grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by nairalanda1(m): 3:41pm On Jul 02, 2023
amerengues:

Correct! Even Norway has stopped. Let them mention another country.

Norway? Am surprised...but then again, they were feeling uncomfortable some years ago about how much they spent education wise.

The thing is, there is no such thing as free education. Even Awo's free education was paid for on the backs of hardworking cocoa farmers.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: UNIBEN May Lose Geology Accreditation As Varsity Begs For N2.5m Funding by Kizzygentle: 3:41pm On Jul 02, 2023
It dosent change the fact that all unis in Nigeria have nothing to offer

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ASUU Rejects Buhari's Dissolution Of OAU Governing Council / 5 Quick And Easy Tips To Pass Waec-gce 2018 / Acceptance Fee: The Protruding Menace In Our Institutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.