Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,317 members, 7,839,513 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

My Wife Will Be Soyinka, Achebe Of Northern Nigeria - El-rufai Boasts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Wife Will Be Soyinka, Achebe Of Northern Nigeria - El-rufai Boasts (777 Views)

My Re-election, Almost A Done Deal, El-rufai Boasts / El-Rufai Orders Arrest Of Northern Youths That Declared War On Igbos / How I Warned Jonathan Of Northern Conspiracy That Led To His Defeat – David Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Will Be Soyinka, Achebe Of Northern Nigeria - El-rufai Boasts by blaze2cool(m): 9:40am On Feb 02, 2018
Kaduna state governor has boasted about the effort made by his wife in writing

Nasir El-Rufai said his wife will be the Wole Soyinka and Chinua Achebe of northern Nigeria

He also said he is proud of his wife's achievements in writing

The governor of Kaduna state, Nasir El-Rufai, has said that his wife, Hadiza Isma el-Rufai, will become the Wole Soyinka and Chinua Achebe of northern Nigeria. El-Rufai said his hope is that his wife turns out to be a great writer like the literacy giants. Speaking at the launch of Hadiza's book: “An abundance of scorpion” in Abuja on Thursday, February 1, El-Rufai said, he is proud of his wife

The governor said: "She’ll be the female Chinua Achebe and Wole Soyinka combined from the northern Nigeria."

“I am proud of her. I am very happy for her because this is something she has always wanted to do a long time in her life. “Today, with the presentation of the book, she has finally achieved one of her dreams. I have always encouraged her to be the best she can be.

“She is one of the smartest people I know. She is multi-talented and can do anything she puts her mind to. And I am happy that she has done this one. I am sure more laurels are on the way. “The young, upcoming writers should pursue their dreams. I think if you want to write, start, you should keep practising and try to get someone to mentor you.

“I don’t write very well. So, I am not the best person to give that advice but seeing how my wife has gone through it, I think it is possible.

“Just keep at it and remain focused, and the sky is the limit," El-Rufai added, Shedding light on her new book, Hadiza said her work focuses on the plight Nigerian women especially those in the northern region.

She said the 27 chaptered book clarifies some of the issues confronting women in the north. “I want to keep writing for the rest of my life,

” Hadiza said. Also in her review of the book, Ngozi Anene, said the book is about perseverance, strength and character. The chairman of United Bank for Africa (UBA), Tony Elumelu, donated N10 million to launch the book.

Read more: https://www.naija.ng/1149802-my-wife-soyinka-achebe-northern-nigeria-el-rufai-boasts.html#1149802
Re: My Wife Will Be Soyinka, Achebe Of Northern Nigeria - El-rufai Boasts by Mogidi: 9:44am On Feb 02, 2018
Haba! Why only Soyinka and Achebe? She is going to be the female William Shakespeare.
Who is the scorpion in the book, is it Buhari abi na Sani Shehu?
Re: My Wife Will Be Soyinka, Achebe Of Northern Nigeria - El-rufai Boasts by divinehand2003(m): 9:47am On Feb 02, 2018
An abundance of scorpions !!!!

The title sounds creepy. I will be scared to even touch the book, let alone read it.

An abundance of snakes - would have made more sense. Lol.
Re: My Wife Will Be Soyinka, Achebe Of Northern Nigeria - El-rufai Boasts by Homeboiy: 9:56am On Feb 02, 2018
Hmmm sad
Re: My Wife Will Be Soyinka, Achebe Of Northern Nigeria - El-rufai Boasts by Sleekydee(m): 9:59am On Feb 02, 2018
wee u ki qwaweeet.
Re: My Wife Will Be Soyinka, Achebe Of Northern Nigeria - El-rufai Boasts by SalamRushdie: 10:03am On Feb 02, 2018
China Achebe never used state funds and goodwill to force the success of his books ..Ask of yourself if you were not Governor today will anyone grace the launch of your wifes book ? Hell no , Achebe and Soyinka didnt need govt pressure to get people to husband read their books in droves ..While the audience of the men you mentioned are true fans of there work the audience of you wife for now are mere sycophants.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Will Be Soyinka, Achebe Of Northern Nigeria - El-rufai Boasts by omonnakoda: 1:38pm On Feb 02, 2018
Mogidi:
Haba! Why only Soyinka and Achebe? She is going to be the female William Shakespeare.
Who is the scorpion in the book, is it Buhari abi na Sani Shehu?
No she will be the female SAW Piss be upon her
Re: My Wife Will Be Soyinka, Achebe Of Northern Nigeria - El-rufai Boasts by Nobody: 1:44pm On Feb 02, 2018
Yes that is our President grin

(1) (Reply)

Femi Fani-kayode Exposes Who “killed Abiola & Poisoned Abacha’s Apple!” (photos / Transmission Clothes For Sale / $16bn: Tell Your Aides To Summarize In Language You Can Understand Obj To Pmb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.