Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,590 members, 7,837,227 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Uniport Prof Solicit For Help After He Was Suspended by the school - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Uniport Prof Solicit For Help After He Was Suspended by the school (304 Views)

Samuel Oladipo Suspended By UNILAG For “Sex For Admission” Scandal / Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Suspended By UNILAG / Success Adegor Video: Headmistress Suspended By Delta Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uniport Prof Solicit For Help After He Was Suspended by the school by Steveboss008: 11:18am On Feb 02, 2018
Prof. Andrew Efemini was a one time president of Student affairs University of Portharcourt.
He is one of the most vocal lecturer who have stood against the University school fees policy of No fees No exams.
He recently took to his Facebook page to lament the untold hardship that has befallen him after he was suspended By the university for speaking on behalf of the students.
Re: Uniport Prof Solicit For Help After He Was Suspended by the school by Steveboss008: 11:18am On Feb 02, 2018
Steveboss008:
Prof. Andrew Efemini was a one time president of Student affairs University of Portharcourt.
He is one of the most vocal lecturer who have stood against the University school fees policy of No fees No exams.
He recently took to his Facebook page to lament the untold hardship that has befallen him after he was suspended By the university for speaking on behalf of the students.

By Prof. Andrew Efemini, our own student lecturer
Please contribute the little you can and please don't forget to share this post

I AM NOW A DESTITUTE
Having survived five months as against the statutory three months of suspension, I am left with no option but to inform the public that I now need financial support to continue to survive.

I have informed the university in writing that as a diabetic and hypertensive patient, my life is threatened by the cut of my salary as a result of my suspension from duty due to allegations over students related agitations over fee policies of the university of Port Harcourt.

I have contemplated suicide severally with a suicide message for the Nigerian people on how a Professor or anybody at that should not be treated. I hope the university of Port Harcourt will take note of this paragraph.

I see people who are supposed to be my friends pass me everyday unconcerned about how I survive. May be that is human nature.

Not even the Union ASUU has shown concern about my life threatening conditions. The Union where I was branch chairman for five years. Strange things happen.

Please, concerned Nigerians should come to my aid. I need at least N50,000 each month to buy my insulin alone. I also buy other drugs. I have a family to also run.

Please don't ignore this post. It is my last effort to stay alive. People who think that speaking for students is a crime must be put to shame.

My account details:
Andrew Efemini
UBA

THANKS TO YOU ALL. Students mobilize to support my survival. No amount is too small.

Re: Uniport Prof Solicit For Help After He Was Suspended by the school by ultimateballer: 11:28am On Feb 02, 2018
This guy is a good guy. One of the few student friendly lecturers lalasticlala help
Re: Uniport Prof Solicit For Help After He Was Suspended by the school by Steveboss008: 11:39am On Feb 02, 2018
ultimateballer:
This guy is a good guy. One of the few student friendly lecturers lalasticlala help

He is good. Always aligning and coming to the plight of students.
Is unfortunate that he has to go through this. Uniport had really been hijacked. So sad

(1) (Reply)

Funai Holds Orientation Program For Freshmen / JAMB UPDATE: How To Correct Your Data After JAMB 2018/2019 Registration / UNIJOS M.sc Architecture Applicants Lets Talk About Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.