Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,123 members, 7,811,159 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:50 AM

Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman (25123 Views)

Ngige: Godfathers Removed Me For Protecting Anambra Treasury / Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku / President Buhari Names Muhammad Nami As New FIRS Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman by Bobloco: 2:11pm On Sep 15, 2023
Muhammad Nami, former Executive Chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS), has spoken about the record he would have set if President Bola Tinubu had not replaced him.

On Thursday, Tinubu had asked Nami to proceed on three months pre-retirement leave, while announcing Zacchaeus Adedeji, his Special Adviser on Revenue, as replacement in acting capacity.

In his farewell statement, Nami expressed appreciation to ex-President, Muhamnmadu Buhari and President Tinubu for allowing him to serve the country for almost four years.

Nami said he was able to collect tax of more than N8 trillion in eight months and would have set a new record of a minimum of N13 trillion at the end of this tax year.

The statement, titled, “My Appreciation To Nigerians’, reads: “With utmost gratitude to the Almighty God, I want to extend my heartfelt appreciation to the erstwhile President, His Excellency Muhammadu Buhari GCFR, and the incumbent president, His Excellency Bola Ahmed Tinubu GCFR, for the opportunity given to me to serve the country and humanity as the Executive Chairman of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) for almost four years. I want to extend my deep appreciation to the entire staff of the Service, our esteemed taxpayers, and Nigerians for believing in me, and for the support and cooperation extended to me throughout my tenure.

“I want to put on record that the support and cooperation I received enabled my team to meet our target, and set new records for tax collection in Nigeria. Even as I take my bow, we have so far collected more than N8 Trillion in eight months and would have set a new record of a minimum of N13 trillion at the end of this tax year.

“During the inauguration of the erstwhile Board Members of the Service, I promised to raise the country’s Tax-To-GDP ratio from 6% to 10% in 4-years. We already have achieved a Tax-to-GDP ratio of 10.86% within two years (i.e. as at 31st December 2021.)

“I can, therefore, say that I am leaving as a fulfilled man knowing that I have served diligently. I am equally leaving a Service that is built on world-class best practices. Indeed, it couldn’t have been more fulfilling.

“I implore the staff, taxpayers, and Nigerians to extend the same measure of cooperation to the incoming Executive Chairman, Mr. Zacch Adedeji, to enable him to succeed. Tax collection is a sensitive matter that requires all hands on deck to achieve.”

https://dailytrust.com/nami-i-was-targeting-new-firs-record-when-tinubu-removed-me-as-chairman/

5 Likes

Re: Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 2:16pm On Sep 15, 2023
Thanks for your service

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman by Millimann: 2:16pm On Sep 15, 2023
Even if you achieved that target, it may not be good enough. So, go home and rest.

This govt need as much money as possible, we need to widen the tax net, so everybody and everywhere must be taxed heavily to achieve our desired goal grin grin grin grin grin

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman by happney65: 2:18pm On Sep 15, 2023
Wayre talk
Mumu talk

See wetin public servant dey talk. Doesn't he know he can be removed anytime

Stop playing. grin

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman by slivertongue: 2:21pm On Sep 15, 2023
collect and chop

3 Likes

Re: Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman by lazkizz(m): 2:30pm On Sep 15, 2023
grin
Re: Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman by garfield1: 2:38pm On Sep 15, 2023
slivertongue:
collect and chop

The op headline is mischievous and in bad faith.no where did he say that tinubu removed him

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman by slivertongue: 2:42pm On Sep 15, 2023
garfield1:

The op headline is mischievous and in bad faith.no where did he say that tinubu removed him

Even as I take my bow, we have so far collected more than N8 Trillion in eight months and would have set a new record of a minimum of N13 trillion at the end of this tax year.

3 Likes

Re: Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman by Donaldoni: 2:45pm On Sep 15, 2023
E pain am ooooooo cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman by hisexcellency34: 2:51pm On Sep 15, 2023
Wehrey

2 Likes

Re: Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman by garfield1: 2:52pm On Sep 15, 2023
slivertongue:

Even as I take my bow, we have so far collected more than N8 Trillion in eight months and would have set a new record of a minimum of N13 trillion at the end of this tax year.

He didn't say he was removed as the op implied his three month leave was due as he was retiring dec

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman by Phred1717: 2:56pm On Sep 15, 2023
New Record on paper not in actual term... Public servants with cooked books
Re: Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman by spiSeyi: 3:26pm On Sep 15, 2023
As the highest looter abi undecided. Meanwhile, Nami should watch his back bcs DSS is coming from him. Pres BAT has been playing the reggae after the blues for your likes (Emefiele, Bawa and the likes) grin cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman by Yocal4: 3:26pm On Sep 15, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman by DarkCaesar(m): 3:27pm On Sep 15, 2023
Really bad
Re: Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman by chigator2: 3:27pm On Sep 15, 2023
Nami you forgot you're in Yoruba for Yoruba Government

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman by Buhari4dullard: 3:27pm On Sep 15, 2023
Ebola infecting everything

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman by kuntash: 3:27pm On Sep 15, 2023
happney65:
Wayre talk
Mumu talk

See wetin public servant dey talk. Doesn't he know he can be removed anytime

Stop playing. grin

How?
Re: Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman by PlainCreate5: 3:27pm On Sep 15, 2023
Millimann:
Even if you achieved that target, it may not be good enough. So, go home and rest.

This govt need as much money as possible, we need to widen the tax net, so everybody and everywhere must be taxed heavily to achieve our desired goal grin grin grin grin grin
grin
Re: Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman by IMASTEX: 3:28pm On Sep 15, 2023
Aboki carry your kettle go. You & your oga that appointed you are known for excuses & stories.

2 Likes

Re: Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman by Cocolatti(m): 3:28pm On Sep 15, 2023
He should have known that
even if he generate 50 trillion in 8months they'll still remove him because it is the turn of the Emilokans.
Nami too was beneficiary of Buharis "Government of the North and by the North" policy.

6 Likes

Re: Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman by Judolisco(m): 3:28pm On Sep 15, 2023
Go break d remaining record for your huz... D ones wey u break Don do... Kudos

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman by PortHarcourtcit(m): 3:29pm On Sep 15, 2023
Continue
Re: Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman by Obakoolex(m): 3:29pm On Sep 15, 2023
Be like say e pain the guy grin

No worry you have done well, go and enjoy your retirement in peace, at least you must have gathered enough that will last 2 generations after you undecided

8 Likes

Re: Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman by NaughtyBrainiac: 3:30pm On Sep 15, 2023
Lol

Till today, I still don't understand how Buhari managed to inherit Emefiele and still gave him complete 8 years.

No be Juju be that

13 Likes

Re: Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 15, 2023
You will hear very soon that billions of taxpayers money are missing under the new chairman.

2 Likes

Re: Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman by CaptainFM1: 3:31pm On Sep 15, 2023
Collecting tax from the poor to pay the rich!

1 Like

Re: Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman by omolola12345(m): 3:32pm On Sep 15, 2023
He must be probed even after the replacement.

2 Likes

Re: Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman by israelmao(m): 3:34pm On Sep 15, 2023
Tell me what has improved with increase in tax collection?

5 Likes

Re: Nami: I Was Targeting New FIRS Record When Tinubu Removed Me As Chairman by Ckonnet: 3:34pm On Sep 15, 2023
You manage to collect more tax when the economy was shrinking and you are celebrating that madness.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Don't Know The Technology Used In Making Of Ganduje Bribery Videos - Buhari / sheikh Gummi: What I Saw In Zamfara Is Insurgency Not Banditry / Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Governor Buni’s Convoy, Kills 2 Policemen, Injures 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.