Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:47 AM

Opera Mini Browser Is Becoming Something Else - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Opera Mini Browser Is Becoming Something Else (41341 Views)

Which Mobile Browser Is Your Favorite And Why? / Which Phone Browser Is The Best? / Opera Mini Browser For Ios Gets Complete Makeover Ahead Of Iphone 8 Launch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opera Mini Browser Is Becoming Something Else by johnaruson(m): 8:34am On Feb 03, 2018
i Uninstalled my Opera browser after 15 years of heavy usage because of this strange Opera behavior.
Re: Opera Mini Browser Is Becoming Something Else by Nobody: 8:36am On Feb 03, 2018
I uninstalled mine the first day I say the annoying advert. I use ecosia
Re: Opera Mini Browser Is Becoming Something Else by Worksunlimited: 8:38am On Feb 03, 2018
I would advise you install ucweb browser.. It's much better now, unlike before when it had issues with, but not limited to, re-opening tabs on start-up..
Re: Opera Mini Browser Is Becoming Something Else by Saintp(m): 8:39am On Feb 03, 2018
Opera mini made me attempt to flash my phone thinking the ads were caused by virus that infected my phone cos it was just too much and annoying.

But I left it and downloaded opera mini beta, that is what I use now and it is okay.

I am experiencing the same thing on whatsapp, too many cover screen adverts, who else is experiencing this? I don Taya
Re: Opera Mini Browser Is Becoming Something Else by Nobody: 8:41am On Feb 03, 2018
angry

☣ ☠

Use Yandex browser and be free

☣ ☠
Re: Opera Mini Browser Is Becoming Something Else by Talkwell: 8:42am On Feb 03, 2018
paveinc:
U guys should try puffin browser,gave up on opera long time ago.its laggy n thrashy.

Puffi is even worse. !!!!!!
Re: Opera Mini Browser Is Becoming Something Else by shakyum: 8:42am On Feb 03, 2018
Samcoflex75:

but chrome doesnt open gmail, dont know if you had that experience too or its just me

To me puffin is currently my best browser so far, Just download Puffin browser and u wont regret it
Re: Opera Mini Browser Is Becoming Something Else by henrysolution(m): 8:43am On Feb 03, 2018
after dashing SIMI so much money......how else do you expect them to recover?
Re: Opera Mini Browser Is Becoming Something Else by Nobody: 8:47am On Feb 03, 2018
me when other people are complaining about their new opera mini and I haven't updated mine

1 Like

Re: Opera Mini Browser Is Becoming Something Else by butterflyl1on: 8:47am On Feb 03, 2018
Crystalom3:
I don't know if you have noticed this but this latest version of Opera mini is quite annoying.

Op thanks for this thread. I noticed that my whatsapp especially is always being disrupted by so many pop up ads and after going through this thread, I decided to uninstall Opera mini to check if it was the culprit.

I did and all the pop ups stopped totally.

Opera mini is mad

2 Likes

Re: Opera Mini Browser Is Becoming Something Else by geosuzzy(f): 8:53am On Feb 03, 2018
Samcoflex75:

but chrome doesnt open gmail, dont know if you had that experience too or its just me
grin grin grin when u think u have heard it all..... grin grin google chrome is not opening gmail grin na yahoomail ee go dey open be DAT ooo
Re: Opera Mini Browser Is Becoming Something Else by Talkwell: 8:53am On Feb 03, 2018
OrestesDante:
angry

☣ ☠

Use Yandex browser and be free

☣ ☠

It's worse
Re: Opera Mini Browser Is Becoming Something Else by fergieboy: 9:01am On Feb 03, 2018
uc browser is the best

i used opera mini in the days of Symbian phones

still surprised people still use it undecided
Re: Opera Mini Browser Is Becoming Something Else by Reeberry: 9:03am On Feb 03, 2018
UncleSnr:
Use VIA browser, thank me later.
It is a very nice browser too. You can copy image url on Nairaland with it too like if browser and Yandex. Which chrome fails to do.

1 Like

Re: Opera Mini Browser Is Becoming Something Else by Jozzy4: 9:05am On Feb 03, 2018
Try steed browser or Phoenix browser.

Very fast , Especially Steed browser
Re: Opera Mini Browser Is Becoming Something Else by Nobody: 9:05am On Feb 03, 2018
UncleSnr:
Use VIA browser, thank me later.

Just downloaded it now
Re: Opera Mini Browser Is Becoming Something Else by omobone(m): 9:06am On Feb 03, 2018
Data is comparatively cheap these days compared to 2013 and below. Opera Mini has become a full fledged AD Browser and spends more data servicing ads that it would even save angry angry.

I Use Samsung Browser. This browser is fast and completely underrated. If you have Samsung phones released between 2015 and now, this is the browser for you. You can also download it from the Playstore. I use this on my Samsung phone 85% of the time. Chrome is heavy and does me no good. I don't even use chrome.

Microsoft Edge Browser For Android: This is another very good browser especially if you have a Windows 10 Laptop. You can open a page on your phone and clicking "Continue on PC", the tab opens automatically on your windows laptop. I use this 15% of the time.

Opera Mini died to me a long time ago.
Re: Opera Mini Browser Is Becoming Something Else by Ramon92: 9:07am On Feb 03, 2018
The only reason I still use this opera is cos of the RSS feed feature that's easy for me.

Is there any other browser that supports RSS from websites?
Re: Opera Mini Browser Is Becoming Something Else by Reeberry: 9:10am On Feb 03, 2018
henrysolution:
after dashing SIMI so much money......how else do you expect them to recover?
I can bet, they don't pay her half of what Victor Moses collected from them.

1 Like

Re: Opera Mini Browser Is Becoming Something Else by WilliamPossible(m): 9:11am On Feb 03, 2018
I think u people complaining should buy a better phone..
Re: Opera Mini Browser Is Becoming Something Else by Nobody: 9:14am On Feb 03, 2018
Crystalom3:
I don't know if you have noticed this but this latest version of Opera mini is quite annoying.
very annoying, they disappointed me.
Re: Opera Mini Browser Is Becoming Something Else by toluxa1(m): 9:16am On Feb 03, 2018
If they ni put ads, where they wan get money to pay Simi their new ambassador.

Well I didn't even know people still use opera sef. When there is Chrome.
Re: Opera Mini Browser Is Becoming Something Else by Reeberry: 9:16am On Feb 03, 2018
FvckNL4:

Same thing I ask myself,even North Korea no dey vex like this
I have been banned for months for replying someone who insulted first on my non violent comments before on several occasions.
Re: Opera Mini Browser Is Becoming Something Else by irukandji89(m): 9:22am On Feb 03, 2018
Opera mini broke my heart.

Whats the essence of as blocking when your app itself brings ads?

If you don't want to see those annoying notifications on you notification pane just go to its app settings.

You know that section where you can "force stop" and "disable" and "clear data".

Enter permissions and under notification select block all.

You won't get their notifications anymore.

But there's nothing you can do about the occasional pop-ups and the AdSense popup where you're first directed to.

Unless you uninstall it like I did.
Re: Opera Mini Browser Is Becoming Something Else by lowaist101: 9:39am On Feb 03, 2018
strong766:
Allah d tin de give me high bp...d ads is just too much...u will c a sweet thread or interesting thing online and the moment u click, d page that will show will b useless advert.. and u Will have to go back and click again

You can block the adverts. Click the opera icon below and it will tell you what to do.
Re: Opera Mini Browser Is Becoming Something Else by Fordzzy(m): 9:39am On Feb 03, 2018
ever since Simi became Dier ambassador opera begin malfunction
Re: Opera Mini Browser Is Becoming Something Else by buskie13(m): 9:48am On Feb 03, 2018
punisha:
Heheheheheheh...as if I knew and avoided updating it for over a month. Kpele.
old opera mini na sure pass,no useless ads whatsoever

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tecno Pouvoir 3 Plus Review - 6,000mah Battery King / Difference Between 2G, 3G And 4G / Star W450 MTK6582 Android 4.2 Smartphone - Spec & Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.