Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,578 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

The Nigeria Political Culture. A Way Forward - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigeria Political Culture. A Way Forward (630 Views)

Xenophobic Attacks: Buhari, Osinbajo And Onyeama Meet On Way Forward (Photos) / Northern Groups Plot A Way Forward At The Annual Arewa Youth Leadership Summit / SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigeria Political Culture. A Way Forward by chapatti: 12:49am On Feb 03, 2018
The Nigeria political culture over the decades have not changed that much. In fact right from independence, much have not been changed regarding how politics are perceived. Many questions come to mind when you look critically into the Nigeria political landscape.

Most of the prominent names we have come to know in the political affairs of the Nation from independence are still very much around our politics today. For example, the likes Shehu shagari, Muhammadu Buhari, Atiku Abubarka etc are still very much involved in Nigeria politics of today as they did during the military era and civilian era of the 1980s. Sometimes we begin to wonder, if there are no other persons who are quite capable handling various political positions apart from these political bigwigs? There is something that have become so so bizarre that one begin to ask questions that rests on morality. For example, Most of the those political warlords who came into power via rigging machines of PDP now in a APA are everywhere singing the drums of CHANGE. I am still asking them what moral right they have to do such? We have seen exactly how they have put on the white rob of change because they now belong to a new political party. Let me give a few example of names.... The likes of Atiku Abubarka a former VP suddenly have forgetting how exactly he was rigged into the presidency. Later on he was spotted dancing with the APC after falling out the same party that helped him to fame. But after he was defeated in the primaries prior to the 2015 presidential election, he would jump back to the same party (PDP) which he has criticized so much after he was defeated by Goodluck Jonathan.

Now my question still stands.. What moral right do men like these have to preach CHANGE? Well, let me be categorically clear here that my support for any political aspirant is beyound any political affiliation but a moral duty i owe myself and my generations unborn.

Now lets dive into this a bit deeper. How many times have we seen in developed Nations where there is cross carpeting among political faithfuls. In Nigeria for example, the winner takes it all. Whenever a party loses an election at the Top, there was always cross carpeting among faithfuls because to these ones, their personal interest have been placed above National Interest. This has been the exact reason why we have found ourselves in this era of decadeness. Is there a way out? Now we are seeing lots of political maneuvering going on because of the upcoming presidential elections.
For the complete article, click here

1 Like

Re: The Nigeria Political Culture. A Way Forward by gbegemaster(m): 12:55am On Feb 03, 2018
Only a revolution can end all these.

1 Like

Re: The Nigeria Political Culture. A Way Forward by Ishilove: 5:35am On Feb 03, 2018
gbegemaster:
Only a revolution can end all these.
My love, lead the way, I dey your back. You cannor be asking for revolution while sitting in the comfort of your bedroom. You have to bell the gaddem fanged cat grin

1 Like

Re: The Nigeria Political Culture. A Way Forward by Alejoas(m): 6:00am On Feb 03, 2018
We are not gingered for a positive change yet.... Cos this haphazard system of govt is productive enough for the privileged ones.....

They won't let us off easily!
Re: The Nigeria Political Culture. A Way Forward by gbegemaster(m): 10:45pm On Feb 03, 2018
Ishilove:

My love, lead the way, I dey your back. You cannor be asking for revolution while sitting in the comfort of your bedroom. You have to bell the gaddem fanged cat grin
I love it when you talk dirty kiss

(1) (Reply)

Hausas And Islam As 'tools' Of Fulani Politics In Nigeria / What N10b Can Do Instead Of Worship Centre In Akwa Ibom State / 10 Global Rankings That Reveal That Nigeria Has Deteriorated Under Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.