Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,223 members, 7,815,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN (26890 Views)

Buhari Speaks On Plot To Islamize Nigeria / Amosun: How Tinubu Escaped Through The Back Door At Ogun APC Rally / USA Barred Buhari In 2001 Over Plan To Islamize Nigeria - Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by olajay86(m): 8:45am On Sep 20, 2017
http://www.titopeblog.com/2017/09/sukuk-bond-federal-government-planning.html

The Christian Association of Nigeria has strongly kicked against the floating of the SUKUK Islamic bond by the Federal Government.

It alleged that the move has further confirmed its fears that the government was planning to Islamise the country through the back door.

CAN, in a statement on Tuesday in Abuja by its General Secretary, Rev. Musa Asake, demanded the abrogation of the laws and framework behind the bond and threatened to seek legal redress if that was not done.

CAN said Nigeria was a secular state and the government was expected to be neutral on issues involving religion.

It said, “The Christian Association of Nigeria has been protesting against this aberration since the Osun State Government, under Governor Rafiu Aregbesola, embarked on this violation of the Constitution.

“Rather than stand in the defence of the constitution, it is disappointing to note that the Federal Government is pursuing what is an outright confirmation of an Islamisation agenda.

“The recent floating of Sukkuk Bond by the government is not only sectional but illegal and a violation of the Constitution. Every law that has been promulgated to back the Sukuk issuance and promote an Islamic banking system in Nigeria is ultra vires, illegal, null and void.”

“Therefore, the manipulations and scheming to smuggle the country into a full blown Islamic state should stop; these manipulations became apparent with the smuggling of Nigeria into the Organisation of Islamic Conference in 1986 by the Ibrahim Babangida military junta,” Asake said.

“The FG must dismantle all legal and institutional framework established to promote Islamic financing in Nigeria.

“We affirm that the territorial integrity of Nigeria is undermined through the issuance of Sukuk in the country. We hope that the government shall desist from its policies of unbridled religious sectionalism,” CAN said.

But the Federal Government in its reaction denied any plan to Islamicise country.

The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, said the financial initiative was borne out of the need to include people who were opposed to interest-yielding enterprises.

He said, “Sukuk is not an attempt to Islamise Nigeria in any form. On the contrary, it is an attempt at financial inclusiveness. The difference between Sukuk Bond and other bonds is that if you invest in Sukkuk bond, you earn no interest.

“So, the scheme appeals to many people who don’t believe that money should gather interest. They, however, engage in profit sharing in the sense that if the government makes a profit from the bond, they give the investor a part of it but if the government makes no profit, the investor is not entitled to anything.”a

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by HDVideos: 10:15am On Sep 20, 2017
The Plan of this Government and previous ones with Moslems incharge has always been to islamize the country. This evil plan can work if we as Christians do not get involved in Politics or power positions and just lay back as we are doing now. I have some questions,

1) Why is there Arabic on our Naira notes, when Goodluck removed it from the 100 naira note, this same moslem fanatics complained?

http://muslimrightsmuric..com.ng/2015/10/return-arabic-ajami-to-naira-notes.html

https://www.naij.com/330023-muslim-group-challenges-jonathan.html

2) Why does Nigeria have Arabic on the Logo of our Army?

3) Why is Nigeria a member of Organisation Of Islamic Countries, A body meant for only Muslim Nations?

4) Why does Nigeria participate in the Moslem Games, This event is solely meant for only Muslim Countries

5) Why was there a false story to Nigeria adapting Green as our Dominant colour, when we know to Muslims, Green is the main colour directed to be used, this is because its Mohammeds favourite colour. No wonder Most Islamic countries use Green (Check flags of Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Bangladash etc)

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2009/06/islamic_greenwashing.html

https://islamgreatreligion./tag/prophets-favorite-color/

6) Why can they have shariah, sukuh and several other things satisfying their Islam Faith, are they the only ones in the country.

As Christians we need to stand up and seek political positions, enough of playing second fiddle, if we calm down it would be in the presence of our kids or Grandchildren that this Nation would be Islamised.

As for Atheist, you think you are left out, read the story of Turkey, Iran, Syria etc, you would see these countries were initially Very christian dominated and most importantly very liberal, check them out now, trust me its only Christian Nations that support liberalism, you would be killed or punished for going against Islamic rules and most abide by Moslem faith in an Islamic Nation, so trust me it would affect you and your future children.

For liberal Muslims, it would also go against you, if you are a woman, you must wear the hijab, its compulsory, you also won't be permitted to drive a car and do a lot of several other things, you would be exposed to unnecessary abuse and persecutions, if you are a man you can't be free to act how you want.

Lets all think and stop this rubbish from coming to fruition.

83 Likes 7 Shares

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by wakaman: 10:36am On Sep 20, 2017
Evil men! You have not done anything about the crimes and philandeering we witness everyday cause of you so called men of God from rituals, to scamming , to adultery. And all sorts of God forsaken acts. The more churches available the more crime and criminals proliferate, in fact it is directly proportional.

Islamize ko, ritualize ni.

Evil people.

156 Likes 13 Shares

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by RomeSankara: 11:00am On Sep 20, 2017
wakaman:
Evil men! You have not done anything about the crimes and philandeering we witness everyday cause of you so called men of God from rituals, to scamming , to adultery. And all sorts of God forsaken acts. The more churches available the more crime and criminals proliferate, in fact it is directly proportional.

Evil people.

This comment was made by a Muslim so no suprises

137 Likes 11 Shares

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by HDVideos: 11:01am On Sep 20, 2017
wakaman:

Evil people.

You guys keep deceiving us, your plan would not work, we the christains would rise up. Just watch

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by wakaman: 11:15am On Sep 20, 2017
RomeSankara:

This comment was made by a Muslim so no suprises

I am not a muslim, i am a nominal Christian by birth, but i have given that up. I am now a common senser!

Wake up!

118 Likes 7 Shares

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by RomeSankara: 11:17am On Sep 20, 2017
wakaman:

I am not a muslim, i am a nominal Christian by birth, but i have given that up. I am now a common senser!

Wake up!

Keep deceiving yourself but I know you are a muslim

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by wakaman: 11:21am On Sep 20, 2017
RomeSankara:

Keep deceiving yourself but I know you are a muslim

Whatever soothes your fancy and fantasy.

Wake up, religion, tribe, status, class and all other definitions are divisive.

Wake up.

105 Likes 6 Shares

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by TOBIeee68(m): 11:27am On Sep 20, 2017
We have many idiots Christian that support dem. Let the idiot talk.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by freak33: 11:30am On Sep 20, 2017
how can they islamize Nigeria? a Christian president will still come one day and shatter all their plans.
Nigeria can never be islamize.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by crownprince102: 11:39am On Sep 20, 2017
Religion is the biggest blindfold of modern Nigerian.....

The Pastors and Imams that shout online every now and then lives in mansions, drive exotic cars, have kids studying abroad with followers wandering in poverty.

CAN never for once mentioned how to improve the lives of Christians in Nigeria, it can't even conduct an free and fair election within itself, the last president left there with a private jet.

So it is in all our religious houses. I won't be surprised if a man that hasn't taken his breakfast quote me in order to support this capitalist called men of God.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by fergie001: 11:49am On Sep 20, 2017
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful."(Seneca)

Our religious leaders are part of the problems,we have today.
In time past,they spoke truth to power.
But nowadays,they are the spiritual wing of the thieves in political parties.

That is to take nothing away from the fact that the President we have today is a bigot,whose extremism to anything his faith or religion is akin to Enoch ascending into heaven.

Let's say sth else.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by RoyalUc(m): 12:11pm On Sep 20, 2017
Well, CAN, if the government was planning to Islamise the country through the back door, I will suggest you Christianise the country through the front door.

If the floating of the SUKUK Islamic bond that earn no interest is a ploy to Islamise the country, why not try floating a SIMON Christian bond with similar purpose.

Well, oppositions and criticisms are needed in our modern (Nigerian) democracy. It keeps us in check.

106 Likes 11 Shares

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by ZombieTAMER: 12:22pm On Sep 20, 2017
wakaman:

Wake up!

Religiously Afonjas are unstable
You can claim Christian today and tomorrow you knack your head on the floor...
The truth remains that no matter how buhari tries

He will fail woefully

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by ZombieTAMER: 12:24pm On Sep 20, 2017
fergie001:
President we have today is a bigot,whose extremism to anything his faith or religion is akin to Enoch ascending into heaven.

Let's say sth else.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by uhuogba(m): 12:43pm On Sep 20, 2017
Petty issues dominate our national discourse all the time.

Check out my signature.

1 Like

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by hahn(m): 12:43pm On Sep 20, 2017
This nonsense again undecided

3 Likes

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by diegwu01: 12:43pm On Sep 20, 2017
I dont understand.
CAN should organize and bring Christian Bond. we wont complain.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by Integrityfarms(m): 12:43pm On Sep 20, 2017
What's the hype again, Is Nigeria not already islamized?
Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by Dongreat(m): 12:44pm On Sep 20, 2017
Nobody can islamize Nigeria as the percentage gap between Christians and Muslim is not wild. Moreover the country is hugely divided tribally and and form of Christianity or Islam domination will cause a civil war.
Let these "men of God or Imams" stop talking trash and create situations of making an average citizen, be it Muslim or Christian, have a good standard of living.

If the claims of Religion, that it was built on love and togetherness despite differences, then the world would have been peaceful but all we get are clashes of religious titans destroying their physical neighborhoods while really wishing for a paradise no man has seen or proved to exist.

Now please, think very hard of my last statement. Thank you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by KingGBsky(m): 12:45pm On Sep 20, 2017
wakaman:

Wake up!

Don't decieve yourself, you don't have sense.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 20, 2017
Where is Nnamdi kanu? That guy owes me iPhone x, else I will tell his wife that am his side chick.. Meanwhile that guy has a small d*ck, how can someone with small d*ck rule Biafra

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by shaddoww: 12:45pm On Sep 20, 2017
We sha like over flogging issues in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by balogunbashit(m): 12:45pm On Sep 20, 2017
I don't understand ooo
Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by bimbim75: 12:46pm On Sep 20, 2017
olajay86:
http://www.titopeblog.com/2017/09/sukuk-bond-federal-government-planning.html

The Christian Association of Nigeria has strongly kicked against the floating of the SUKUK Islamic bond by the Federal Government.

It alleged that the move has further confirmed its fears that the government was planning to Islamise the country through the back door.

CAN, in a statement on Tuesday in Abuja by its General Secretary, Rev. Musa Asake, demanded the abrogation of the laws and framework behind the bond and threatened to seek legal redress if that was not done.

CAN said Nigeria was a secular state and the government was expected to be neutral on issues involving religion.

It said, “The Christian Association of Nigeria has been protesting against this aberration since the Osun State Government, under Governor Rafiu Aregbesola, embarked on this violation of the Constitution.

“Rather than stand in the defence of the constitution, it is disappointing to note that the Federal Government is pursuing what is an outright confirmation of an Islamisation agenda.

“The recent floating of Sukkuk Bond by the government is not only sectional but illegal and a violation of the Constitution. Every law that has been promulgated to back the Sukuk issuance and promote an Islamic banking system in Nigeria is ultra vires, illegal, null and void.”

“Therefore, the manipulations and scheming to smuggle the country into a full blown Islamic state should stop; these manipulations became apparent with the smuggling of Nigeria into the Organisation of Islamic Conference in 1986 by the Ibrahim Babangida military junta,” Asake said.

“The FG must dismantle all legal and institutional framework established to promote Islamic financing in Nigeria.

“We affirm that the territorial integrity of Nigeria is undermined through the issuance of Sukuk in the country. We hope that the government shall desist from its policies of unbridled religious sectionalism,” CAN said.

But the Federal Government in its reaction denied any plan to Islamicise country.

The Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, said the financial initiative was borne out of the need to include people who were opposed to interest-yielding enterprises.

He said, “Sukuk is not an attempt to Islamise Nigeria in any form. On the contrary, it is an attempt at financial inclusiveness. The difference between Sukuk Bond and other bonds is that if you invest in Sukkuk bond, you earn no interest.

“So, the scheme appeals to many people who don’t believe that money should gather interest. They, however, engage in profit sharing in the sense that if the government makes a profit from the bond, they give the investor a part of it but if the government makes no profit, the investor is not entitled to anything.”a
Islam will not stand in Nigeria.Nigeria is God!We bound the spirit of islamization ,boko haram&slavery in Nigeria in Jesus'name.We are still praying,we will not relax.

2 Likes

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by dayomike(m): 12:47pm On Sep 20, 2017
Why not Christians having a body that can give bonds to nations to help them boost their economy.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by Danladi7: 12:48pm On Sep 20, 2017
ZombieTAMER:

Religiously Afonjas are unstable
You can claim Christian today and tomorrow you knack your head on the floor...
The truth remains that no matter how buhari tries

He will fail woefully
how will that prevent an igbo man with a stable religion from licking kanu urinegrin grin grin

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by goingape1: 12:48pm On Sep 20, 2017
those Islam what to turn Nigeria to Turkey but God will not give them the power.

that's why there are killing themselves because of the confusion God sent to them for attempting to cause arm to his people.

and I will sent confusion to the wicked Muslim for them will took the sword and kill themselves.

look at what is going on today! Muslim killing there fellow Muslim.

NO ONE WITH HIS RIGHT SENSE WILL SAID "ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE"

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Address Us With Respect Not Threats Of War – Iran Warns US / Alaafin Laments Release Of Arrested Fulani Kidnappers By Police / Army Declares Manhunt For Killers Of 16 Soldiers In Okuoma, Delta; Few Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.