Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,057 members, 7,841,994 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

A Night In The Inner Recess Of Emir Sanusi Massive Library Inside Palace. Pix - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Night In The Inner Recess Of Emir Sanusi Massive Library Inside Palace. Pix (921 Views)

Senate Defer Recess As Ministerial List Lands Wednesday Night / Photos From NASS Resumption After Annual Recess / Suspend Recess, Approve 2019 Polls Budget - Presidency Begs NASS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

A Night In The Inner Recess Of Emir Sanusi Massive Library Inside Palace. Pix by NafeesaAA(f): 3:00pm On Feb 03, 2018
" A Night In The Inner Recess Of The Emir’s Palace

I had a rare peep into the inner recess of the palace of the Emir of Kano last night.

I have been to the Palace many times in the past and have been welcomed in the outer part.

I never knew it was that extensive .
Last night was different as the Emir ushered me and some of my younger colleagues in The Villa to this massive living room that doubles as a library.
It was not only gorgeous but a forest of books . I have not seen any private library so rich as that in Nigeria since I have traveled around and been to places as a journalist and public official .
I learnt of the famed library of the Odemo of Isara in the 60s but I am not too sure his collections could have rivaled what I saw in Kano last night.

The Emir told me what I saw was not all , that he still has close to 14,000 collections in his house in London that he is planning to bring back home. Some I could see were still in cartons in some rooms in the palace.
Well displayed and subject classified there is no topic on Africa that is not covered.
The Emir informed me yesterday that his goal is to build a huge library in the Palace that will be accessible to researchers . Where they are Now Is only accessible to family members.
He regretted a situation where vital documents and rare books collected by his predecessors were in the past lost to fire or stolen. His ambition is to build a solid library that will in a 100 years time house millions of books and documents that would have been collected by him and Emirs that will come after him.

Acquisition and production of knowledge has been fascinating to some ruling houses in the northern part of Nigeria. Some months past when I visited the Sultan of Sokoto I was given a set of books the Sultan has written by himself or commissioned. The book , The Sultans Of Sokoto, was particularly informative. It gave me a rare insight into the history, culture, philosophy, Palace intrigues of the Sultanate and literary accomplishments of some of the Sultans.

Last night I sat down with Emir Sanusi and discussed politics and the economy for hours. He was so forthcoming as well as forthright. It was a no -holds-barred lecture on the state of the economy and what should be done. By the time I left at a little past midnight I could not but be amazed at his wealth of knowledge and perspectives on issues. Thank you Emir Sanusi for a night well spent." Sen. Babafemi Ojudu.

My view:

One, leaders are readers. Don't buy the proponents of 160 words generation, they spend millions on right type of education.

Two, these are the ways royals are raised. No stone is left unturned in preparing stable minds for the futute.

Raise your children and wards in preparation for a greater future.

Books makes an informed mind, difficult to enslave, ready to engage in positive purposes.

May Nigeria Succeed...

1 Like

Re: A Night In The Inner Recess Of Emir Sanusi Massive Library Inside Palace. Pix by NafeesaAA(f): 3:01pm On Feb 03, 2018
wink

Re: A Night In The Inner Recess Of Emir Sanusi Massive Library Inside Palace. Pix by NafeesaAA(f): 3:04pm On Feb 03, 2018
More

Re: A Night In The Inner Recess Of Emir Sanusi Massive Library Inside Palace. Pix by NafeesaAA(f): 3:05pm On Feb 03, 2018
kiss

Re: A Night In The Inner Recess Of Emir Sanusi Massive Library Inside Palace. Pix by Mynd44: 3:29pm On Feb 03, 2018

(1)

152 Million Nigerians Live On Less Than $2/day –afdb / Nigerian Youths Blow Hot, Declare To Take Over Power In 2019 / 2019: Kogi State Is For Buhari, He Will Win Again -asiwaju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.