Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,063 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) (127529 Views)

Study In France - Process And Enquiries Thread / Anyone Staying Serbia Or Have Done Their Visa Process. / USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (57) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Cityoflight: 8:37am On Mar 21, 2022
prettynuly:
Mauritius admission for masters
There is a thread on Nl[ Mauritius work and study], try there...you'll probably get some information. wink
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by prettynuly: 3:18pm On Mar 21, 2022
Cityoflight:

There is a thread on Nl[ Mauritius work and study], try there...you'll probably get some information. wink
thanks
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by prettynuly: 5:11pm On Mar 21, 2022
Statement of account .....can anyone tell me how I can get it?
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Haysamo: 9:36pm On Mar 21, 2022
I understand that most undergraduate programs are offered in German, there are very few ones that are fully taught in English. My question is this, can my wife and kid move with me if I decided to enrol for undergraduate program?
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by chukshobayo: 3:15am On Mar 25, 2022
FervorEsp:
In my previous post i keep discouraging you guys from austria process. You guys will never listen. What will austria offer you with all their stress that other countries in the schengem region will not offer you stress free.

Suggest European country that will allow me run a postgraduate program with minimal stress because 6-7 million proof of fund I no get am o.

1 Like

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Cityoflight: 9:21am On Mar 26, 2022
chukshobayo:

Suggest European country that will allow me run a postgraduate program with minimal stress because 6-7 million proof of fund I no get am o.

I personally think you shouldn't pay much attention to posts like that. Take Lithuania for example, it has carried the schengen country with the highest Visa approval rate[ and has less stress in the visa process] but recently the visa procedures have become tedious ,( it could be because of the current situation, I don't know) Or poland where people find it hard to even get a date at embassy unlike before. Yes such posts are sometimes helpful but sometimes shouldn't be a deciding factor.

One thing is don't put your eggs in one basket, as much as you're in this Austria thread try to put tabs on other similar cheaper countries if possible. Austrian schools are opening, I've applied to some here,In Finland and Czech republic, waiting for poland to open. A Relative of mine wanted to travel to Canada and Canada only( we have relatives in Luxembourg and Czech Republic) but according to him' Canada is by far better than those countries' which is true, long story short he didn't get the visa and spent a lot of money on agent and what-not, I don't blame him for trying Canada as it has better opportunities but he was so hell-bent on canada he didn't leave room for other countries......( anyways he currently studies at Prague University of Life sciences,Czech republic) and is comfortable ( he can afford rent, tuition, food e.t.c with very little to save( with time he would adjust and probably be able to save well). My Point is he didn't get to Canada but was still able to make due with where he is. I'm not saying don't have a particular country in mind, Austria is my main focus but I'm leaving room for options.

To further answer your question, It depends, there are cheap countries like Poland, Czech republic, Estonia,Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus, Greece, Serbia, Turkey ,Cyprus, Slovenia, Hungary .....the list goes on.

The alarming issue is such countries like Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia and I think Belarus were under Russia ,with the ongoing war such said countries are not really advisable to travel to( for example Russia attacked very close to the polish border ...the U.S is aiding Ukraine by sending arms through poland( people speculate Putin might want to stop the ammunition transmission by attacking Poland)............I know someone in Poland who isn't affected, the only thing she said is 'Refugees are coming in, we are giving clothes and so on to them, we saw that blacks are finding it hard to cross the border, we are trying to help them and there is in INFLATION( nothing to drastic tho) , she doesn't live in the capital city so maybe things might be different there. Also before talking to her, I heard Poland is in a state of peril bla bla bla, Russians are silently moving into Poland e.t.c but she said life isn't really different from normal just the Refugees and there have been Rumors of a possible Russian retaliation.

Then Czech Republic is another country I think is safe but again the thing with most Non- western European countries is the quality of life [ yes, things might be cheap there but if you were to work and earn would it suffice [ czechia is better than some other countries] . There's Greece with the declining economy and so on. Cyprus, how you would need someone outside sponsoring you as you can't make a living. Ps; Most things I have said here are stories friends and relatives have told me, news reports e.t.c; I Have never experienced them.

My Point is if someone were to offer you a cheap country, take time to do a proper research.....No country is perfect , even Austria( people talk about Racism ,some people say they have been assaulted by police, some say they only found it hard when looking for a job or house, some has never experienced it.....there is talks about Austria's economy taking a hit because most of Europe is dependent on the gas Russia supplies,( although Austria says it still has reserves and there are talking it out with Russia (since they've been neutral) Russia is not the only supplier bla bla bla]

You can try scholarships as well. Portugal is another good country, a little bit expensive but good (if you can learn basic parts of the language.

5 Likes

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by chukshobayo: 12:58pm On Mar 26, 2022
Cityoflight:

I personally think you shouldn't pay much attention to posts like that. Take Lithuania for example, it has carried the schengen country with the highest Visa approval rate[ and has less stress in the visa process] but recently the visa procedures have become tedious ,( it could be because of the current situation, I don't know) Or poland where people find it hard to even get a date at embassy unlike before. Yes such posts are sometimes helpful but sometimes shouldn't be a deciding factor.

One thing is don't put your eggs in one basket, as much as you're in this Austria thread try to put tabs on other similar cheaper countries if possible. Austrian schools are opening, I've applied to some here,In Finland and Czech republic, waiting for poland to open. A Relative of mine wanted to travel to Canada and Canada only( we have relatives in Luxembourg and Czech Republic) but according to him' Canada is by far better than those countries' which is true, long story short he didn't get the visa and spent a lot of money on agent and what-not, I don't blame him for trying Canada as it has better opportunities but he was so hell-bent on canada he didn't leave room for other countries......( anyways he currently studies at Prague University of Life sciences,Czech republic) and is comfortable ( he can afford rent, tuition, food e.t.c with very little to save( with time he would adjust and probably be able to save well). My Point is he didn't get to Canada but was still able to make due with where he is. I'm not saying don't have a particular country in mind, Austria is my main focus but I'm leaving room for options.

To further answer your question, It depends, there are cheap countries like Poland, Czech republic, Estonia,Latvia, Lithuania, Belarus, Greece, Serbia, Turkey ,Cyprus, Slovenia, Hungary .....the list goes on.

The alarming issue is such countries like Poland, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia and I think Belarus were under Russia ,with the ongoing war such said countries are not really advisable to travel to( for example Russia attacked very close to the polish border ...the U.S is aiding Ukraine by sending arms through poland( people speculate Putin might want to stop the ammunition transmission by attacking Poland)............I know someone in Poland who isn't affected, the only thing she said is 'Refugees are coming in, we are giving clothes and so on to them, we saw that blacks are finding it hard to cross the border, we are trying to help them and there is in INFLATION( nothing to drastic tho) , she doesn't live in the capital city so maybe things might be different there. Also before talking to her, I heard Poland is in a state of peril bla bla bla, Russians are silently moving into Poland e.t.c but she said life isn't really different from normal just the Refugees and there have been Rumors of a possible Russian retaliation.

Then Czech Republic is another country I think is safe but again the thing with most Non- western European countries is the quality of life [ yes, things might be cheap there but if you were to work and earn would it suffice [ czechia is better than some other countries] . There's Greece with the declining economy and so on. Cyprus, how you would need someone outside sponsoring you as you can't make a living. Ps; Most things I have said here are stories friends and relatives have told me, news reports e.t.c; I Have never experienced them.

My Point is if someone were to offer you a cheap country, take time to do a proper research.....No country is perfect , even Austria( people talk about Racism ,some people say they have been assaulted by police, some say they only found it hard when looking for a job or house, some has never experienced it.....there is talks about Austria's economy taking a hit because most of Europe is dependent on the gas Russia supplies,( although Austria says it still has reserves and there are talking it out with Russia (since they've been neutral) Russia is not the only supplier bla bla bla]

You can try scholarships as well. Portugal is another good country, a little bit expensive but good (if you can learn basic parts of the language.

Thanks! Which link or website are you using to apply in these countries? I want to try school route but I have not received message from the schools I applied to. Then I noticed that it seems applications may open from September or so in most countries. I don't like the ielts requirement in some of them as no funds for it.
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Chibabe4eva: 9:53pm On Mar 29, 2022
Misstoluwani:
Hello everyone... I will like to thank those that has been dropping information to help with Austrian schools and how to go about legalization. I just started mine school search and applications and I will like to know anyone also just starting or has started so we can all do it together.

By the way I am looking for schools offering business and management courses so if that's your field let's roll together and if isnt your field, no problem..

Am very much interested, and same course of study... let's tag along

2 Likes

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Chibabe4eva: 5:05am On Mar 30, 2022
Please house, how can I get a studio apartment in Austria for study purpose & also what is entrance qualification & how do one go about dis.

Will appreciate ur kind response on way about.

1 Like

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by OkanlawonB(m): 10:19am On Mar 30, 2022
Chibabe4eva:
Please house, how can I get a studio apartment in Austria for study purpose & also what is entrance qualification & how do one go about dis.

You have to be specific about your destination city or town in Austria, but generally there are enough student hostels (Studentenheime) in most cities. Alternatively, Housing Cooperatives (Wohnungsgenossenschaft) may be able to offer you a place.

1 Like

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Cityoflight: 11:45am On Mar 30, 2022
[quote author=chukshobayo post=111385836

Thanks! Which link or website are you using to apply in these countries? I want to try school route but I have not received message from the schools I applied to. Then I noticed that it seems applications may open from September or so in most countries. I don't like the ielts requirement in some of them as no funds for it.[/quote]

I apply through the school route, keep on sending them emails or wait till after the application deadline( cuz most schools start responding after application deadline).....make sure there is no special admission procedure( if there is that may be why you haven't gotten a reply,nevertheless keep on sending mails)
I don't really know much about Non-ielts schools( try Czech republic or Poland) so far I haven't submitted for Austria yet, although for Wu Wien there is an affidavit you can do to show you are fluent in English. Hope this helps cheesy Schools in Austria begins in October or late September( at least the ones I know)
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Cityoflight: 11:55am On Mar 30, 2022
Chibabe4eva:

Like OkalanwanB said, you weren't specific about the city and also there is also something about the price of rent to ( I think if your rent price exceeds a certain amount you would have to show funds in advance for about 6 months or so) if I get the link I'll share it here.
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Cityoflight: 12:03pm On Mar 30, 2022
'If the costs for accommodation or a instalment exceed EUR 309.93/month [as of 2022], you have to prove additional funds.'
According to OEAD.at

https://oead.at/en/to-austria/entry-and-residence/residence-permit-student-mobility-programme
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by CrysWhite(f): 9:43am On Mar 31, 2022
Cityoflight:
'If the costs for accommodation or a instalment exceed EUR 309.93/month [as of 2022], you have to prove additional funds.'
According to OEAD.at

https://oead.at/en/to-austria/entry-and-residence/residence-permit-student-mobility-programme

Woww……even proof of funds is now for 2years
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Cityoflight: 11:08am On Mar 31, 2022
CrysWhite:

Woww……even proof of funds is now for 2years

Asin.....I'm desperately praying it's wrong information oo
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by CrysWhite(f): 2:42pm On Mar 31, 2022
Cityoflight:

Asin.....I'm desperately praying it's wrong information oo

I pray soo
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Cityoflight: 10:27am On Apr 01, 2022
Happy New Month cheesy.....May this month bring us closer to actualizing our Austria dream.

2 Likes

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by CrysWhite(f): 3:01pm On Apr 01, 2022
Amen
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by amihbkt767676: 11:33pm On Apr 01, 2022
amihbkt767676:
I believe there is no good thing that comes without challenge. U might be discouraged or even fail after the challenge but at least you tried and came out a stronger person.

If u are not too rich to gamble 200k+ without admission, spend hours and days writing course cordinators emails. Send them soft copy of ur documents for a review. (If you hv a chance of admission they will tell u and gv u assurance)
Once u follow the steps they lay and submit documents needed. Your admisaion is sure.

Email is free. And they always reply .
Use google and find the schools.
Enter the website.
Find a course and check their requirements
Find the course cordinator and email him/her.
It is not to difficult. With good result, 6/10 will say yes. Give it a try!!

If any one needs assistance or step by step guidance on how to come to Austria, He should email me. I hv been in Salzburg for a while now.

Special love and respect to Henrycato he made it possible for me.

I wish I can make it possible for someone else.

Austria is worth the effort !

10 Likes

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by tboydbrave(m): 7:26am On Apr 03, 2022
Good morning,pls I want to know if an HND degree can be used to apply for a admission in Austria. N which degree can I apply for BSC or Masters. Thank you.
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by tboydbrave(m): 7:29am On Apr 03, 2022
amihbkt767676:

If any one needs assistance or step by step guidance on how to come to Austria, He should email me. I hv been in Salzburg for a while now.

Pls can I use my HND to apply to Austria n which degree can get pls. Thanks.
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by tboydbrave(m): 7:30am On Apr 03, 2022
amihbkt767676:

Your email address sir.
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Excessgrace1(f): 1:31pm On Apr 03, 2022
[quote author=amihbkt767676 post=111572668]

Please I need your email address

2 Likes

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Alexis11: 6:10pm On Apr 03, 2022
VanuatuWycombe:

Your age would determine how much you would put in the account. If you are under 24 years, something in the range of €7,500 to €8,500 would be ok. It used to be lower than this before but recent rise in cost of things across the world warrants building bigger so that you don’t have to prove additional funds to the MA35. If you are above 24 years, it is advisable to have between €13,500 to €15,000 for a year.
Your monthly rent is also part of determinants of how much you would have as proof of fund.
Note that MA35 uses official exchange rate in translating your Naira to Euro but not Aboki rate.

** Mind you, this is just a guide. It’s an estimate. May I say I am not an agent or an immigration consultant and what I said is just for knowledge purposes but not to be relied upon 100%.**

You are doing a wonderful job here I must say.

God bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Tinababe01: 6:38pm On Apr 03, 2022

Reach out to me.
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Emmanuelosa(m): 9:36pm On Apr 03, 2022
Tinababe01:

Reach out to me.

Wait!!! Hold up, what
Do you mean bank statement?
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by VanuatuWycombe: 1:56am On Apr 04, 2022
Alexis11:

You are doing a wonderful job here I must say.

God bless you.

Amen, my brother. And you too.
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by ceecee0703(m): 3:34pm On Apr 04, 2022
Hello guys.
Please do I need to apply for yo schools and get admission before legalizing documents or legalise documents before applying to schools..
Thank you
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by amihbkt767676: 10:23pm On Apr 04, 2022
ceecee0703:
Hello guys.
Please do I need to apply for yo schools and get admission before legalizing documents or legalise documents before applying to schools..
Thank you

To be on a safer side, email the soft copy of your application documents to your course cordinator. tell him you want to apply and politely ask what are your chances of admission with your qualifications.

His reply shld be either assurance of Yes.
200k plus legalisation money is not easy to waste.

get an assurance first. or at least, make sure you are well up to the admission requirements before you take that step. good luck

4 Likes

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by amihbkt767676: 10:28pm On Apr 04, 2022
tboydbrave:

Pls can I use my HND to apply to Austria n which degree can get pls. Thanks.

Brotherly,
I am not an admission officer. you can check the course requirements of the course you want to do.

However, if you think you can do the course with your HND, dont be discouraged. write the course cordinator and tell him what you have. His reply will gv u hint.

dont underestimate the power of convinction.
Just poir your heart in the email. you will be suprised in what you will discover.

goodluck

1 Like

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by amihbkt767676: 10:35pm On Apr 04, 2022
People who are worrying about Probe of funds at this early stage, chances are it will discourage you in this journey.

"You dont have to see the whole staircase, Take the first step "

Get an admission 1st. It will give you ginger to find a way. Admissions are valid for 1 Year.

Therefore bomb school emails with your results. If you get a good reply, legalise and send your documents.

goodluck

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (57) (Reply)

From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.