Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) (130244 Views)

Study In France - Process And Enquiries Thread / USA Spousal Visa Process/ K3 Visa / Traveling To AUSTRIA – My Experience On A Virgin Passport! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by janda1: 4:53pm On Jan 19
kel2me:

I thought it's the MOE that will give you Eligibility letter? Or how do you get one? I also learnt that they help you process English proficiency too.

Yes they process the two

1 Like

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by janda1: 4:54pm On Jan 19
Souzin:

Eligibility letter? How can one get it

Ministry of education
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by lokoventurex1(m): 6:35pm On Jan 19
janda1:

Ministry of education
For how much please ? If you know the cost of getting English Proficiency Letter too, please state here. Someone is whinning me in Abuja, he said Eligibility Letter is 10k while Proficiency Letter is 15k. Are they that much ?
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by kovy077(m): 7:44pm On Jan 19
kovy077:

please type me your number

Please who have a contact to Austria appointment, so I can arrange?
also please can my number added to the whatsapp group?
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by kovy077(m): 7:53pm On Jan 19
AlphaNugget:
You are a bst, do you know japaconsult? Ohh no, I guess you don't know them....cos they are the ones that give faster date if you can pay the price......be yarning dust and forming woke while others deploy means to move out of this shithole fast.

Nonsense.
If you have the money and you want to move before winter then you pay the price, if not, then you wake up by 12-1am and be looking for April - May dates.

You better use your head.

Hello Janda1, do you have a link to secure a date, I would love to buy one.
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by janda1: 8:25pm On Jan 19
lokoventurex1:

For how much please ? If you know the cost of getting English Proficiency Letter too, please state here. Someone is whinning me in Abuja, he said Eligibility Letter is 10k while Proficiency Letter is 15k. Are they that much ?

Eligibility letter is free

English proficiency letter is between 10k

2 Likes

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by janda1: 8:28pm On Jan 19
kovy077:

Hello Janda1, do you have a link to secure a date, I would love to buy one.

What date are you looking for

Date is now June, do you have the link
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by lokoventurex1(m): 9:11pm On Jan 19
janda1:

Eligibility letter is free

English proficiency letter is between 10k
Thank you very much for your time.
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by lextube: 11:20pm On Jan 19
janda1:

Boss please can I send you a dm

The pay is very low I swear

I'm even afraid, 200 euro can't even pay money back home and can't run some bills back home

How can someone survive

If it's just to run 40 hours from Friday to Sunday and net that 1200-1500 euro a month, I'm ok with it

From Monday to Friday focus on studies

There's no way you can work for 40 hours as a student in Austria. If your employer knows that you're a student, he won't register you with AMS for 40 hours of work per week. Even if you're so good at what you do, and your employer wants to register you for a 40-hour-per-week job "AS A STUDENT" it would be difficult for him to do so because AMS may not allow him. Austria is not like Germany where it may be possible to work for 40 hours per week as a student. These people follow their processes very strictly. Your best bet would be if you're lucky and you get a warehouse job that pays well or a job that pays, and there are opportunities to work overtime (The overtime will not amount to 40 hours. It may be an additional 5 hours or about, added to your 20 hours). You may earn up to 1300-1400 euros as your monthly gross salary. When you deduct tax and health insurance, you may be going home with 900-1000 euros, and your body go tell you. You can work for 40 hours per week only when your school is on holiday after the end of a semester.

Secondly, even if you manage to combine two jobs, let's say a registered job with AMS and a black job, and you are working 40 hours per week, it will affect your studies. You need to excel in your studies to stand a chance for your residence permit to be approved for the following year. If you cannot get up to 16 ECTS in one year of academic studies, MA-35 won't renew your residence permit. During your studies, you would only be issued a 1-year residence permit which is renewable every year.

Unless you can learn how to speak, read and write German, then you can get a good job that will pay you well enough to earn up to 1300-1500 euros as your net salary. An example of such a job is "Doctors without Borders". They're always recruiting students, but you must know how to speak, read and write German.

2 Likes

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by lextube: 12:21am On Jan 20
MeineMutter:

As a student, you are not allowed (officially) to work more than 20 hrs. Where you are lucky, your employers can allow you to work overtime, at times. After your graduation and even if you haven’t gotten to job-search visa, your employer may apply for up to 32 hours per week for you and it’s usually granted.

I am sorry to say this: 20 hrs can pay bills. Just learn how to live within your means. If you get a job of € 850 (net) like in fast food restaurants, and your monthly accommodation is not more than €400, your monthly transport card (buy 1-year pass) is €33, your internet is €10 max because you will always have access to WiFi at home, what’s next is for your upkeep for the month which shouldn’t be more than €150-200 Euro. I assume your employer will pay for your insurance monthly.
You can conveniently save €200 except if you have debts that you are paying back home or you have other areas you are spending on. 😜😜 you and I know.

For extra work, people do it in an under-arm way but I don’t advise it because if you are caught, you would pay heavily for it. More so, it would affect your studies.
You can utilize your holiday period to work full-time and still make some bucks.

You could also be lucky go get jobs that would pay you €1k to €1.2k net in a month.

Check Adecco. They recruit for Amazon but be ready to work even though they well above €12 per hour.

Check at Der Mann Bakery, Anker, Billa, BIPA, Enny etc.

One tip I will give you is that the companies that pay well are usually far from the cities. If you can be commuting long distance, lots of companies are waiting to may more, even up to 1.4k net per month.

It would be advantageous for you if you can drive and you have converted your Nigerian driver’s license to that of Austria. You can get a small vehicle and be using it to move to the outskirt of the city where lots of companies are there looking for people to work.

Pay per hour is not static. Some companies can pay than others but expect from €8 to €15 per hour.

Check clevylinks.com. They are taking applicants on full and part time basis. They are just building their warehouse in 21st District in Vienna. They are from China. Be ready to work and be on your feet for longer hours in a colder warehouse.

Check fiveguys restaurant’s website. They accept application on a daily basis. They are like McDonald’s.

There are lots of them out there.

If you can’t work full time at your company during summer holidays, look for event companies during that period. A lot of them have plenty jobs because there are concerts everywhere and you would make money and travel round Austria and beyond with the company.

Adecco will not give you work if they know that you hold a student residence permit. Their clients whom they recruit for such as Amazon don't have the patience to go and apply for work permits on your behalf. Unless you know how to speak read and write German, then you may be lucky to be employed by one of their other clients. As for Billa, BIPA, Horfers etc. I don't know about other States in Austria, but in Vienna, if you can't speak German, or you don't have a valid work permit, they will not employ you. Even for the most stupid job position, they will not give it to you. That is the bitter truth. No reason to sugarcoat it. But you're free to apply to them whenever you get here to see for yourself.

2 Likes

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by MeineMutter: 12:36am On Jan 20
lextube:

Adecco will not give you work if they know that you hold a student residence permit. Their clients whom they recruit for such as Amazon don't have the patience to go and apply for work permits on your behalf. Unless you know how to speak read and write German, then you may be lucky to be employed by one of their other clients. As for Billa, BIPA, Horfers etc. I don't know about other States in Austria, but in Vienna, if you can't speak German, or you don't have a valid work permit, they will not employ you. Even for the most stupid job position, they will not give it to you. That is the bitter truth. No reason to sugarcoat it. But you're free to apply to them whenever you get here to see for yourself.

You could be right. Adecco just stopped it. But let me give you are trick to getting there job. If you are closer to graduating and you are able to convince them, Adecco will wait for you once you show your renewed residence card (job-search).

2 Likes

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by kovy077(m): 2:10am On Jan 20
AlphaNugget:
You don't need the above for Bsc courses.

Just WAEC and SSCE

Hello Alpha, do I need to collect a Language proefficiency letter from my school, since my waec and transcript record are available, I am applying at University of Tugraz and the specification below is stated, does this explains my explanation?

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by msttolusola(m): 8:40am On Jan 20
Good morning,
I submitted student transcripts for verification and I v done verification, waiting for embassy verification report. Hope I can use the student transcripts. Please I need advice
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by lextube: 9:01am On Jan 20
msttolusola:
Good morning,
I submitted student transcripts for verification and I v done verification, waiting for embassy verification report. Hope I can use the student transcripts. Please I need advice

Your question is not clear.
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by lokoventurex1(m): 7:04pm On Jan 20
Good evening guys.

Trust we are all doing well.

Please i want some honest truth about life in Salzburg as a dependant and student. Can a dependant be able to get some reasonable degree of work with or without German language knowledge ? Can the Student be able to get say a €850 monthly (20hrs/ week) job with or without German language knowledge ? And if we decide to do some German classes, how soon can we get integrated and be able to speak some basic German. Do we neccessarily need to write and read German too ? And where can be recommended for German language classes online or offline ?

Thank you for the good job we are doing here..

1 Like

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by lextube: 12:26am On Jan 21
lokoventurex1:
Good evening guys.

Trust we are all doing well.

Please i want some honest truth about life in Salzburg as a dependant and student. Can a dependant be able to get some reasonable degree of work with or without German language knowledge ? Can the Student be able to get say a €850 monthly (20hrs/ week) job with or without German language knowledge ? And if we decide to do some German classes, how soon can we get integrated and be able to speak some basic German. Do we neccessarily need to write and read German too ? And where can be recommended for German language classes online or offline ?

Thank you for the good job we are doing here..

It is possible to earn up to 850 euros or there about every month on a (20hrs/week) job after tax and insurance without German language knowledge.

Usually, Most Universities in Austria arrange German language classes for their foreign students to register and learn German, and it is free. Sometimes even before you resume your classes for the semester as new students, they would have informed you guys about it via email with a timeline for registration. So, try and watch out for the announcement from your University once you secure your admission, and maybe pay your fees. Or the moment you resume classes, make enquiries from your program director or his secretary about such classes, and they'll give you more information about it.

Should in case you miss the deadline for registration from your school? There are other options where you can attend German language classes either at a discounted price or for free. you can check www.vhs.at for such options. They'll give you positive information about what I am telling you.

2 Likes

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by freedomtours(m): 8:16am On Jan 21
msttolusola:
Good morning,

Your question is not clear
1 but if you have authenticate your documents at moe&mofa, you can get eligibility and English proficiency from there to apart from your school and it is faster

2 But moe&mofa have suspended the authenticate of BSc and ND and Hnd for now due to mass proliferation of fake certificates

3 You said you have student copy of your transcript, but note if the student is the one u printed from your email and want to authenticate moe does not accept it, except the copy you collected directly from your school showing the stamps on it.

1 Like

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Christie171(f): 9:49am On Jan 21
freedomtours:

1 but if you have authenticate your documents at moe&mofa, you can get eligibility and English proficiency from there to apart from your school and it is faster

2 But moe&mofa have suspended the authenticate of BSc and ND and Hnd for now due to mass proliferation of fake certificates.

3 You said you have student copy of your transcript, but note if the student is the one u printed from your email and want to authenticate moe does not accept it, except the copy you collected directly from your school showing the stamps on it.
Arrgh😮
Do you mean they no longer authenticate BSc
We that's yet to...what's our own fate now 😨😞
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by MeineMutter: 1:13pm On Jan 21
freedomtours:

2 But moe&mofa have suspended the authenticate of BSc and ND and Hnd for now due to mass proliferation of fake certificates

I don’t know why those ministries can’t have a central secured database where all polytechnic, unis, NCEs and other tertiary will always deposit students’ transcripts and build a website where students can apply for this and pay online and the ministry gets the transcripts sent to the appropriate authorities either in soft or hard copies.
They would only need to agree on % of sharing the revenue from this application and the concerned institution and the ministry gets credited, automatically and instantly, with their own portion of the cash.
With this, MoE will find it easy to verify this document because they can also probe it from their database upon payment.

By the way guys, I just wrote a short mail to Austrian embassy, on behalf of applicants for residence permit process, on the need to have separate portal for those verifying and those legalizing.
I have my reason to the best of my ability but I would suggest if students can be coordinated on this and send more dignifying mails to the embassy on the same matter. Better still, students may approach MoE and MoFA on this for the two ministries to appeal to the embassy on this because those verifying tend to me more than those legalizing.

I assume the embassy has canceled legalization requests by applicants by way of sending emails, as it was being done in the past. That was what warranted the mail I sent to the embassy. If the embassy still gives legalization dates my emails but not my online appointment as portrayed on its current appointment portal system, it means my letter was needless.

I wish all applicants all the best.

1 Like

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Dannyset(m): 5:42pm On Jan 21
Please who has a plug for Attestation of Birth in Lagos?
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Souzin: 6:18pm On Jan 21
Dannyset:
Please who has a plug for Attestation of Birth in Lagos?
Do it online? NPC website.
Cost 3k pere.

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by kel2me(m): 8:20pm On Jan 21
Souzin:

Do it online? NPC website.
Cost 3k pere.
Is the attestation for everyone? Even if you have a birth certificate that carries NPC from 1992
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by freedomtours(m): 11:44pm On Jan 21
Christie171:

Arrgh😮
Do you mean they no longer authenticate BSc
We that's yet to...what's our own fate now 😨😞

Was suspended on Monday
But hopefully they will resume by the week, but their indications that the ministry maybe sending those certificate to the schools one graduated from for verification, before it can be authenticated.

1 Like

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by freedomtours(m): 11:53pm On Jan 21
kel2me:

Is the attestation for everyone? Even if you have a birth certificate that carries NPC from 1992

If you have attestation of birth from NPC, you don't need another one make sure that the affidavit you use in obtaining it is properly done, if not u are going to pay another 200k at the embassy for verification just as some did, please take not especially with your court declaration of age, for those submitting attestation of birth, I hope you know that you are going to legalize both of them after verification
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by folake873: 10:23am On Jan 22
I will be glad, if someone can guide me, on applying for master programs in Austria....
Note...not free. Message via WhatsApp
Zero8one six..zero...nine...five...five..zero...seven...nine
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Christie171(f): 4:51pm On Jan 22
freedomtours:

If you have attestation of birth from NPC, you don't need another one make sure that the affidavit you use in obtaining it is properly done, if not u are going to pay another 200k at the embassy for verification just as some did, please take not especially with your court declaration of age, for those submitting attestation of birth, I hope you know that you are going to legalize both of them after verification
For someone given birth to in Oct, 1992 and his birth certificate is directly from NPC, does he still need age declaration or he just needs to verify and legalize?
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Dgabby01: 9:25pm On Jan 22
Abeg .... which app can I use to pay for my application fee which is in Euros.
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by FatherCHRISTMAS: 9:29pm On Jan 22
Dgabby01:
try Grey app
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by AlphaNugget(m): 10:14pm On Jan 22
Dgabby01:
TransferWise
Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by lextube: 12:56am On Jan 23
MeineMutter:

I don’t know why those ministries can’t have a central secured database where all polytechnic, unis, NCEs and other tertiary will always deposit students’ transcripts and build a website where students can apply for this and pay online and the ministry gets the transcripts sent to the appropriate authorities either in soft or hard copies.
They would only need to agree on % of sharing the revenue from this application and the concerned institution and the ministry gets credited, automatically and instantly, with their own portion of the cash.
With this, MoE will find it easy to verify this document because they can also probe it from their database upon payment.

By the way guys, I just wrote a short mail to Austrian embassy, on behalf of applicants for residence permit process, on the need to have separate portal for those verifying and those legalizing.
I have my reason to the best of my ability but I would suggest if students can be coordinated on this and send more dignifying mails to the embassy on the same matter. Better still, students may approach MoE and MoFA on this for the two ministries to appeal to the embassy on this because those verifying tend to me more than those legalizing.

I assume the embassy has canceled legalization requests by applicants by way of sending emails, as it was being done in the past. That was what warranted the mail I sent to the embassy. If the embassy still gives legalization dates my emails but not my online appointment as portrayed on its current appointment portal system, it means my letter was needless.

I wish all applicants all the best.

You can do your legalization right at the point of collecting your documents at the Embassy after Verification. You just tell them you want to do your legalization; they'll ask you for which documents, and you present the documents which you want to legalize and pay. That's it. It's that simple and easy. I don't think there's any stress in doing the legalization at the Austrian Embassy.

Also, I'd like to advise everyone reading this post, especially those who don't know the process of the Austrian student visa application that the moment you've gotten and secured your admission, and depending on the agreement you may have with your university regarding submitting your legalized transcript and BSc Certificate (Some Austrian university can allow you to go ahead and apply for admission and then ask you to submit your legalized documents at a later date). That is if your school allowed you to use your documents which have not been verified and legalized to apply for admission. The moment you have secured this admission, you do not need to wait for the completion of your document verification and legalization to apply for a Residence Permit. The legalized documents are the school's requirements for admission, not the Austrian Embassy's requirements for a Residence Permit. The Austrian Embassy are quite satisfied with seeing your admission letter. Please go ahead and apply for your Residence Permit.

Send an email to the Embassy requesting an appointment date to come submit your application for a Residence Permit. The Embassy will respond with a date and a list of guidelines and documents you need to present for your Residence Permit. Follow their instructions, pray to God, and I'm pretty sure you'll get your Visa to come down to Austria and pick up your Residence Permit. That's it! That's how it goes. You'll come down to Austria and join the hustle grin grin

7 Likes

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by OkanlawonB(m): 10:25pm On Jan 23
As regards jobbing and jobs for non EU students including Nigerians in Austria, the allowed 20hrs/week during the school semester is a right and not a privileg , obtaining working permits from the Austrian Labour Office (Arbeitsmarktservice) for these jobs is a mere formality and not at all complicated so long the total hours don`t exceed 20/week.

It is also of pertinence to note that when a new student starts jobbing and the earnings of the particular job is above the minijob (geringfügige Beschäftigung) flatrate currently set at 518,44€/month, the employer is obliged to pay your social insurance contributions (SV Beitrag), though a small fraction will also be deducted from your earnings for this purpose. The Social Insurance Contributions is not a mere health insurance but a comprehensive insurance that covers health, pension, unemployment and accident.

Combining multiple generous minijobs(geringfügige Beschäftigung) may helpful to a student because its not uncommon to find minjob that is not time intensive but pays good flat rate. When combining minijobs, it is important to note that you have to go the Regional Health Service centre (Gebietskrankenkasse) so as to know the due monthly social insurance contributions to be paying because each minijob pays only the accident insurance.

3 Likes

Re: General Austria Study/visa( Process And Requirements) by Stepheeen(m): 9:25am On Jan 24
For which country do you want to pay and for what purpose

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (58) (Reply)

Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries / Lagosian Turns Keke Into Rover.... To Avoid Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.