Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

- Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / (614 Views)

Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB / Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit / Whats D Maximum I Can Transfer From My Gtb Savings A/c Via Online Banking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

by fratermathy(m): 8:33pm On Feb 03, 2018
Re: by GMBuhari: 8:51pm On Feb 03, 2018
I am a forensic analyst, send that 40k to me I will analyze it for you grin

Free of charge

1 Like

Re: by Nobody: 8:53pm On Feb 03, 2018
fratermathy:
Hello all,

Something weird happened to me today. I got a credit alert of N40000 from my own zenith account to my account. I find this weird because I don't understand how possible it is for such to happen. I'm not expecting money from anyone and no one has even called me to claim the money or to say they sent it as a gift. I've put out a word to those who are capable of sending me such an amount and they all replied in the negative.

I checked my online banking account and indeed the money was present and still shows my account number/name & on same bank as the sender.

Is it at all possible that someone is joking with me or is there a promo on Zenith Bank that I am unaware of? Is there any need to report this suspicious transaction?

Has anyone experienced anything of this nature before? Any advice to share on what to do? Although the money is quite small, I'm still skeptical of everything.

CC:
Lalasticlala
Seun

use different search engine to get the name then call the sender to confirm. what happened was just wrong posting or mistakenly transfered to your account. it's not a promo or bonanza.
Re: by Millz404(m): 9:27pm On Feb 03, 2018
Send me the cash for evaluation grin
Re: by iPrevail(m): 9:30pm On Feb 03, 2018
Sue somebody.
Re: by fratermathy(m): 9:30pm On Feb 03, 2018
dammyconcept:

use different search engine to get the name then call the sender to confirm. what happened was just wrong posting or mistakenly transfered to your account. it's not a promo or bonanza.

What search engine? The money came from my own account number like its some trick or something. How else can I know who the real owner is or what has really happened?
Re: by fratermathy(m): 9:35pm On Feb 03, 2018
GMBuhari:
I am a forensic analyst, send that 40k to me I will analyze it for you grin

Free of charge

Lol. I'm serious please. Its really weird to see someone send you money using your own name/account number without even calling to acknowledge it. I've thought and thought about it.

I just hope I don't get into any trouble for this. Terrible things are happening in Nigeria today.

I called the customer care just after posting this and they said they can't trace it but I can initiate a dispute on the transaction. Unfortunately, I won't get any feedback until next weekend.
Re: by Shagati(m): 9:44pm On Feb 03, 2018
fratermathy:

Lol. I'm serious please. Its really weird to see someone send you money using your own name/account number.

You didnt specify or maybe I missed it.
The money was sent from your account that wasn't funded?
Was it from your Zenith to your Zenith or another bank?
If Zenith to Zenith, someone has gotten hold of your login details and the transfer was just a test because you don't need extra verification to do own account transfer
If the money is totally new to all your existing balance, then it came from someone using a bank that makes you type in the reference manually (like SCB) and whoever it was typed in your name as ref

Many scenarios are possible.
Re: by fratermathy(m): 9:54pm On Feb 03, 2018
Shagati:

You didnt specify or maybe I missed it.
The money was sent from your account that wasn't funded?
Was it from your Zenith to your Zenith or another bank?
If Zenith to Zenith, someone has gotten hold of your login details and the transfer was just a test because you don't need extra verification to do own account transfer
If the money is totally new to all your existing balance, then it came from someone using a bank that makes you type in the reference manually (like SCB) and whoever it was typed in your name as ref

Many scenarios are possible.

The money is totally new but it came from what seems like my own Zenith Bank account. I would have shared the screenshot but I can't blur own personal details on my phone. I waited for someone to call but no one did. More puzzling was the fact that the customer care agent I spoke with seemed not to have any tangible explanation for it other than the fact that she would dispute the transaction since I'm not expecting it but she said I should be patient till next week before that would be done.

Why I'm skeptical is because this could be a ploy somehow. I've heard of persons who got into trouble because they received suspicious credits like this. I would love to know if there is any rational explanation for it and if there is any need to take further actions.

(1) (Reply)

Making It With Football Betting / Geniune Business Oppurtunity - Make 30% Roi/month / Investment Opportunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.