Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) (29134 Views)

Femi Adesina: The Dream I Had About Abba Kyari And My Last Contact With Him / Governor Dickson Cries Over His Mother, Goldcoast Dickson's Death. Photos / Habibu Almustapha Assassinated In Sudan By Stabbing To Death (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by olokeded: 10:01pm On Feb 03, 2018
President Buhari's media aide, Femi Adesina, paid a courtesy visit to the family of late Nigerian music legend, Sunny Okosun, who died almost 10 years ago (May 2008).

Sharing photos from the visit, Adesina wrote, 'Oziddi King, Sonny Okosuns, was my good friend. I felt the loss keenly when he passed away 10 years ago. On a flying visit to Lagos, I stopped by to see the family of my late friend. I was warmly received by Omono, the widow, Charles and Iwa, the brothers. It was a poignant time, as they unfolded plans to mark the 10th anniversary of the death of the music maestro/evangelist. Sleep well, Sonny, till the day of the Great Awakening'.

http://www.metronaija.ng/photos-femi-adeshina-visits-late-sonny-okosuns-family/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by Shuku0kukobambi: 12:23am On Feb 04, 2018
The guy in black has such a striking resemblance to the late Legend.

Which way Nigeria?

RIP Sonny Okosuns

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by babyfaceafrica: 2:11am On Feb 04, 2018
One of the best musicians Nigeria has produced..sleep well

15 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by cassidy1996(m): 6:26am On Feb 04, 2018
mother

no more War

we miss him... RIP

2 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by DoyenExchange: 6:50am On Feb 04, 2018
Sonny Okosuns, RIP. One of the greatest musicians Nigeria ever produced!

9 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by Chidexter(m): 6:57am On Feb 04, 2018
Based on what he sang, Sonny Okosun, go dey shake head for spirt world by now. #shithole

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by Okoroawusa: 9:15am On Feb 04, 2018
Chidexter:
Based on what he sang, Sammy Okosun, go dey shake head for spirt world by now. #shithole
Sammy okosun?
how old r u?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by madridguy(m): 9:21am On Feb 04, 2018
RIP Legend
Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by Chidexter(m): 10:39am On Feb 04, 2018
Okoroawusa:

Sammy okosun?
how old r u?

Autocorrect is acting up. And my age is non of your business sorry.

28 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by Mogidi: 11:03am On Feb 04, 2018
Watched him perform and it was incredible.
LEGEND

The only 2 legendary musicians from Esan land are both from Irrua.

4 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by Deblak: 11:03am On Feb 04, 2018
And then
Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by congorasta: 11:05am On Feb 04, 2018
rubbish
Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by Pavore9: 11:06am On Feb 04, 2018
Shuku0kukobambi:

Which way Nigeria?

RIP Sonny Okosuns

True, a "photocopy" of his father.
Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by mlenden: 11:06am On Feb 04, 2018
Cool
Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by Subudu(m): 11:08am On Feb 04, 2018
Here in Peoples' Republic of Biafra, we don't know any Sony Okosun.

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by Benjom(m): 11:09am On Feb 04, 2018
African Soldier

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by maigemuu: 11:10am On Feb 04, 2018
olokeded:
President Buhari's media aide, Femi Adesina, paid a courtesy visit to the family of late Nigerian music legend, Sunny Okosun, who died almost 10 years ago (May 2008).

Sharing photos from the visit, Adesina wrote, 'Oziddi King, Sonny Okosuns, was my good friend. I felt the loss keenly when he passed away 10 years ago. On a flying visit to Lagos, I stopped by to see the family of my late friend. I was warmly received by Omono, the widow, Charles and Iwa, the brothers. It was a poignant time, as they unfolded plans to mark the 10th anniversary of the death of the music maestro/evangelist. Sleep well, Sonny, till the day of the Great Awakening'.

http://www.metronaija.ng/photos-femi-adeshina-visits-late-sonny-okosuns-family/

I am certain excerpts of his speech to the family would make no sense as usual.
Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by pointstores(m): 11:10am On Feb 04, 2018
wow nice
Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by kygo(m): 11:11am On Feb 04, 2018
that 'African soldier ' track is legendary

5 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by kereman1: 11:15am On Feb 04, 2018
Hw is this a news, it just like saying davido travelled to maimi
Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by happney65: 11:16am On Feb 04, 2018
What does he mean by a flying visit?Is he going to go by road to lagos from aso rock?Abi na him fly plane himself?I am not understanding

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by hopefulLandlord: 11:16am On Feb 04, 2018
I never knew this man was dead

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by gentlemayor(m): 11:22am On Feb 04, 2018
Sleep on

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by supereagle(m): 11:23am On Feb 04, 2018
2019 courtship

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by Worksunlimited: 11:29am On Feb 04, 2018
kygo:
that 'African soldier ' track is legendary

I tells you.. Shout out to all my African soldiers.. Lala Sika si Lai Lai

4 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by emorse(m): 11:30am On Feb 04, 2018
Shuku0kukobambi:

Which way Nigeria?

RIP Sonny Okosuns
You need to see him in person. Its more than 'striking'.

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by naptu2: 11:37am On Feb 04, 2018
naptu2:
The base guitar! Those insane trumpets! The back up singers! The message!

Sonny Okosun. London. 1982.

(The trumpets go. Tada tana nana na na na na. And the bass guitar imitates them)

Mother,
You are my soul,
Mother teach me to smile,
Because I'm still a child.

Mother,
You are my life,
Mother teach me to live,

Mother,
You are my sight.
Mother lead me to the end,

Mother,
You are my song,
Mother teach me how to sing,

Mother (mother mother mother),
Show me the way
(Show me the way),
I'm afraid to walk in thee dark,

Mother and child.

Mother and child.

La la la la la la.

And the crazy keyboard begins.

La la la la la la la

Mother and child

Mother and child.

What an absolutely pleasant song!

Sonny Okosun - Mother And Child.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIQbNdjE4oM

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by naptu2: 11:38am On Feb 04, 2018
Sonny Okosun - Fire In Soweto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jStnzbH1eRs

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by Lanre4uonly(m): 11:39am On Feb 04, 2018
May God continue to grant his soul an eternal rest.

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by naptu2: 11:40am On Feb 04, 2018
Sonny Okosun - Which Way Nigeria?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQRryNzHOks
Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by naptu2: 11:42am On Feb 04, 2018
Sonny Okosun - African Soldiers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-0MJ0h02tA

4 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina Visits Sonny Okosun's Family 10 Years After His Death (Photos) by naptu2: 11:45am On Feb 04, 2018
"We want to know who owns the land".

Sonny Okosun - Papa's Land.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCVkSdUlGkY

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Types Of Nigerians You Will See On Election Day / Reno Omokri Reacts To Nigerian Army & South-East Governors' Decision To Ban IPOB / I’ve Forgiven You, Fayose Tells Outgoing Lawmakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.