|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 3,105,147 members, 7,662,271 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 November 2023 at 08:23 AM
Soldier Shows How He Sleeps In The Jungle: 'No Big Boy For Bush' / Profile Of Uche Secondus, PDP National Chairman AKA The “Total Chairman” / Madaki Moses Storms Niger State Government House Over His Scholarship (Photos) (2) (3) (4)
|A Short Profile Of Late Col. Yahaya John Madaki (aka The Jungle Expert) by gawu1: 11:53pm On Feb 03, 2018|
Late Col. Yahaya John Madaki, popularly known as the JUNGLE EXPERT was born on June, 24 1947 in old Ghawun (Gawu), now under the Federal Capital Territory. His father was Alhaji Abdullahi Angulu, the son of Saba, son of Galadima Gaie Disa, son of Dalukoci, who was said to have migrated from Kucita in Agaie. Alhaji Abdullahi was the only male child of Saba and the 11th Madaki of Gawu. The mother of late Madaki was Hajiya Hassana Abdullahi.
The late was brought up by his pateral aunt called KAKA AKWA, WHO WAS CHILDLESS BUT REQUESTED THE FATHER of Madaki to allow him stay with her. Hence, the young Madaki stayed with Kaka Akwa at Kwakuti for a short time till when his father (the Madakin GAwu) was given the responsibilty of mobilizing his community towards accepting the western Education. On the basis of this, Madakifather decided to enroll him into the western education. As result of this decision, Baba Lkpini, one of the family member was sent to Kwakuti to convince Kaka Akwa so that late Col. Madaki could be enrolled into the Western Education.
It is worthy to note that the entire families of late Madaki were all strong Muslim adherents. The Madaki himself was born a muslim and had attended a Qur'anic school under late Mallam Sambo, where he had gone more than half-way to complete the reading of the Holy Qur'an.
It is also on records that late Madaki was the Mu'azzin (a person who calls to the five daily prayers observe by muslim) of his ward's Mosque befoer he enrolled in St. Theresa's primary school in 1954.
HIS EARLY EDUCATION
Late Madaki started his elementary education at St. Theresa primary school, old Gawu in 1954. In this mission school, Late Madaki made his first contact with christianity and Evangelism. After completing his Junior Primary Education in 1958, he proceeded to Guni, now under Munya LGA, Niger State) where he attended St. Theresa Senior Primary School. When St. Theresa school was closed down in the following year, Madaki was transfered to St. Malaccky Practising Primary School, Bosso, where he passed out in December, 1960.
HIS SECONDARY EDUCATION
lATE John Yahaya Madaki got admitted into St. John College (now Rimi College) Kaduna and reported on 3th January, 1961 along side Lt Col. S.A Owuma, one time Managing Director, Nigeria Army Insurance Scheme. Madaki sterling qualities at St. John College earned him three appointments at the same time: School Kitchen master, Food and Dinning prefect, and Store-keeper.
HIS TERTIARY EDUCATION
The late Madaki got admission into the Ahmadu Bello University College of Agriculture in Samaru, Zaria in 1967, where he obtained a Diploma in General Agriculture. At the ABU, late Madaki became so popular that he contested for and won the Students Union sport officer position unopposed.
HIS WORKING EXPERIENCE BEFORE HE NIGERIAN ARMY
After his diploma programme, late Madaki worked briefly with:
1. the defunct North-Western State government;
2. Nigeria Railway Corporation;
3. Nigeria Tobacco Company (NTC);
4. Barclays Bank;
HIS MILITARY CAREER
1. Enlisted into the Nigeria Army as a recruit in 1968
2. Entered the Nigerian Defense Academy (NDA) as an Officer-Cadet on the EC8 course in 1969
HIS APPOINTMENT IN THE ARMY
1. Commissioned as a Second-Lieutenant on December 20, 1969.
2. Liaison Officer in-charge of evacuating arms and ammunitions abandoned by the Biafran Soldiers at an Army Division in Port-Harcourt.
3. Commanding Officer, 29 Battalion, Orlu
4. Commanding Officer 122 Battalion, Agulu, Anambra State.
5. Aide-De-Camp (ADC) to Major General I.D. Bissala when he was GOC, Commandant of the NDA and Defense Minister between 1973 to 1976.
6. GII Training in charge of physical Training.
7. Instructor at the NDA between 1976 - 1978
8. Commanding Officer of 203 Battalion, Ijebu-Ode, 1978
9. Instructor at the Jungle Warfare Wing Nigeria Army School of Infantry, Jaji.
10. GII Training, £ Armour Division, Jos
11. Commanding Officer of 123 Guards Battalion, Ikeja in 1984.
12. Commandant, Guards Brigade.
13. Military Governor of Katsina State, 1989 to 1992
14. Commandant, Brigade of Guards
PROMOTIONS IN THE ARMY
1. Commissioned as a Second-Lieutenant on 20th December, 1969
2. Lieutenant, 5th June, 1973;
3. Captain in 1974:
4. Major on 15th August, 1975;
5. Lieutenant-Colonel in 1986;
6. Colonel on 6th June, 1990
HIS PROFESSIONAL TRAINING AND COURSES IN THE ARMY
1. 81mm Mortar Platoon Commander' Course;
2. Anti-Tank Platoon Commander Course;
3. Regimental Signal Officer (RSO) Course;
4. Officer Weapons (OWJOL) Course in Palestine, 1977;
5. Armed Forces Staff College for Junior Division (PJSC) Course, Ghana;
6. Jungle Warfare and Combat Survival Course, NASI;
7. Senior Division (CSC) course, Command Staff Colloge, Jaji;
8. Regimental/Battalion Commander course, CSC, Jaji
9. Masters Degree on Defense Management, Indian Armed Force Defense Management College where he graduated as second overall best students and won three prizes
HIS CAREER/APPOINTMENT AFTER RETIREMENT FROM ARMY
1. Chairman, Security and Exchange Commission, Abuja in May 2001
2. Special Adviser on Security to the FCT minister, August 2007
3. Member, implementation committee of IBB University, Lapai
4. Member, Professional Golfers Association of Nigeria (PGAN) Tour Sponsorship Committee, April 2006
5. A holder of the Order of St. Gregory (KSG) awarded by the Pope in 2009
6. Chairman, FCT Christian Pilgrims Welfare Board in 2009
7. Chairman of Seven-man Advisory Committee constituted by Niger State Governor, Abubakar Sani Bello to offer advice on how to improve econmy, infrastructure, and security in the State
HIS CONTRIBUTIONS/SERVICES TO HUMANITY
1. Played major role in the creation of Gurara LG which came into existence on 27th September 1991. The council provides employment to the teeming number youths in local government.
2. built Gawu Central Mosque, Gawu Catholic Church, Cortege Hospital (now FMC) at Gawu, built Police Division Headquarters at Gawu, and magistrate court.
3. He constructed Gawu township roads and several roads leading to neighboring environs.
4. He sponsor many of his people to Mecca to perform Hajj, as well as to Jerusalem
5. He established scholarship scheme to finance education of less privileges and orphans in Gawu town and surroundings
6. Influence appointment of many of his people into top and salary lucrative post and position
The late madaki married as a Captain in 1974 to Mrs Ngozi Blessing Nwaobia. Among his children are Zainab (1975), Lt Col. Buhari (1978), Abdullahi (1980), Ibrahim (1986), and Salamatu (1990).
MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE
|Re: A Short Profile Of Late Col. Yahaya John Madaki (aka The Jungle Expert) by Mazikic(m): 1:07pm On Apr 11, 2020|
Yahaya Madaki Way; a very popular road in Katsina metropolis.
|Re: A Short Profile Of Late Col. Yahaya John Madaki (aka The Jungle Expert) by Blackfire(m): 1:53pm On Apr 11, 2020|
Are we suppose to know him?
|Re: A Short Profile Of Late Col. Yahaya John Madaki (aka The Jungle Expert) by Provost01: 9:17pm On Jun 11, 2021|
what a great man he was to his community (gawu Babangida) we all greatly missed him.
|Re: A Short Profile Of Late Col. Yahaya John Madaki (aka The Jungle Expert) by unclejb2(m): 2:40pm On Dec 13, 2022|
Atiku And Peter Obi Should Reach Out To Nnamdi Kanu. What Do You Think? / Atiku Actually Won Buhari In His Polling Unit With A Landslide Victory / Breaking: I Will Only Fight Biafra Again If You Make Me The Supreme Leader - Asa
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2023 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59