Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,312 members, 7,815,565 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Afenifere, Ohanaeze, ACF Chief Fault Fg’s Planned Talks With Miyetti Allah - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afenifere, Ohanaeze, ACF Chief Fault Fg’s Planned Talks With Miyetti Allah (14168 Views)

We won’t attend meeting with Miyetti Allah- Southern, Middle Belt Leaders / PDP Youths Fault FG On Dapchi Girls Release / Buhari Visiting Nasarawa To Condole With Miyetti Allah Over Cattle – Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afenifere, Ohanaeze, ACF Chief Fault Fg’s Planned Talks With Miyetti Allah by Nobody: 10:45am On Feb 04, 2018
Muhammadu Buhari was quick to proscribe IPOB, yet he wants to negotiate with Miyetti Allah who have openly confessed to hundreds of bloody murders, simply because they are his kinsmen.

3 Likes

Re: Afenifere, Ohanaeze, ACF Chief Fault Fg’s Planned Talks With Miyetti Allah by rawtouch: 10:46am On Feb 04, 2018
ok, watching..
Re: Afenifere, Ohanaeze, ACF Chief Fault Fg’s Planned Talks With Miyetti Allah by Jflex07(m): 10:47am On Feb 04, 2018
The shameless Afonja house boy vice president keeps disgracing his lineage.. stupid asshole
Re: Afenifere, Ohanaeze, ACF Chief Fault Fg’s Planned Talks With Miyetti Allah by Sealeddeal(m): 11:00am On Feb 04, 2018
I thought Miyetti Allah Association and Sultan of Sokoto said that the killer herdsmen are not a registered members of Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association. How then will the negotiations with Miyetti Allah Association be able to stop the blood letting being carried out by unregistered armed Herders/terrorist?

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere, Ohanaeze, ACF Chief Fault Fg’s Planned Talks With Miyetti Allah by simkard: 11:02am On Feb 04, 2018
actiondrilling:
A cross-section of Nigerians have criticised the Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo panel for its decision to raise a committee to hold talks with the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria in its probe of the herdsmen killings.

The committee, which was set up by the National Economic Council to “find lasting solutions to the increasing cases of killings by herdsmen across the country,” is headed by the Ebonyi State Governor, Dave Umahi.

The Chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum, Alhaji Abdulaziz Yari, had said this on Thursday at the end of a meeting of the Osinbajo committee at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The Federal Government’s plan to meet with Miyetti Allah, however, has drawn the ire of different socio-political groups in the country.

Among those who faulted the move by the Federal Government are the Yoruba socio-political group, Afenifere; the umbrella body for the Igbo, the Ohanaeze Ndigbo; and Middle Belt groups.

Others are a chieftain of the Arewa Consultative Forum, Alhaji Mohammed Abdulrahman, and a Niger Delta activist, Annkio Briggs.

The ACF does not, however, see anything wrong with the talks the Umahi committee is to hold with the cattle breeders.

Afenifere said that though the government’s plan to meet the cattle breeders association in order to end their killings was good, the government of President Muhammadu Buhari could not be trusted.

The National Publicity Secretary of Afenifere, Yinka Odumakin, warned that the Federal Government was leading the nation down the path of anarchy and lawlessness by planning to negotiate with the herdsmen, who it said had stained the nation with the blood of innocent citizens.

Odumakin slammed the Osinbajo-led panel for proposing to meet with the Miyetti Allah, saying it was unfortunate that “a professor of law would be meeting to negotiate with criminals.”

He added, “If the panel is meeting herdsmen, who are staining the country with blood, it means the Federal Government is complicit in the murder of Nigerians. They have not brought one person to book, but they are negotiating with the murderers; this is an invitation to anarchy.”

The Ohanaeze Ndigbo also questioned the objective of the dialogue with Miyetti Allah.

The National Publicity Secretary of Ohanaeze, Uche Achi-Okpaga, told one of our correspondents that there was nothing to negotiate.

He stated, “What is the panel going to negotiate with the herdsmen about? Will they ask them (herdsmen) what the government should do to placate them before they will stop killing defenceless Nigerians? The setting up of the panel is simply unnecessary. It cannot achieve any result. It is the height of deceit. The panel has failed before it started.”

The President of the Middle Belt Youth Council, Emma Zopmal, said, “The government has never made an attempt to compensate the victims, yet it goes further to empower the Fulani herdsmen for killing innocent people. This is an irresponsible act on the part of the Nigerian government.”

Similarly, the President of the Berom Youth Moulders Association, Dalyop Chuwang, said that the government should desist from handling security issues with kid gloves.

Chuwang added, “The sole responsibility of the government is to provide security to all citizens, regardless of tribe, religion and geopolitical region.

“The killer herdsmen should be declared as terrorists just like the Indigenous People of Biafra, which has not even launched an attack anywhere but has been tagged a terrorist group by the government.”

In the same vein, a Niger Delta activist, Ms. Annkio Briggs, expressed disapproval with the negotiation plans by the Federal Government.

Also, a member of the National Executive Council of Arewa Consultative Forum, Mohammed Abdulrahman, said, “If Buhari wants to do something, he should order the military to tackle the matter. He should ask them (herdsmen) not to come into Nigeria because they are not Nigerians.”

The Secretary General of the ACF, Anthony Sani, however, cautioned Nigerians against criminalising the Fulani.

He said, “Miyetti Allah is an umbrella body of herdsmen, but that does not suggest that the majority of its members are criminals who perpetuate the crimes of killing innocent people, including children who are not party to the feud.”

The ACF secretary noted that the plan of the Federal Government to negotiate with the warring parties, especially the herdsmen, did not amount to endorsing the killings.

http://www.akelicious.com/2018/02/afenifere-ohanaeze-acf-chief-fault-fgs.html
They negotiated with Boko haram yet the killings did not stop,now they want to negotiate with Fulani herdsmen.Nigeria at the verge of collapsing.

1 Like

Re: Afenifere, Ohanaeze, ACF Chief Fault Fg’s Planned Talks With Miyetti Allah by Brightglory77: 11:16am On Feb 04, 2018
Do you think the VP has any power in this situation? eauthor=Shayneward1 post=64772379]The Christian VP that should be protecting southern and christian interest is busy wiping fulani asses

Afonjas will never change. [/quote]
Re: Afenifere, Ohanaeze, ACF Chief Fault Fg’s Planned Talks With Miyetti Allah by Nobody: 11:19am On Feb 04, 2018
buhari could possibly be a top member of the meyetti allah sect.
Re: Afenifere, Ohanaeze, ACF Chief Fault Fg’s Planned Talks With Miyetti Allah by valentineuwakwe(m): 11:20am On Feb 04, 2018
i thought we are in a crisis and peace committee has been set up..the best thing to do was to talk to all parties involve not to the cattle breeders alone....you are making it look like they are the worst affected....we should know the motive behind all this.....this cattles have been with us since, even when our farms were destroyed, it don't get to generate so much noise like this so why now....dats what the committee should be looking at..except you the vice president is playing to an already written script but this is Nigeria, it will not work.....
Re: Afenifere, Ohanaeze, ACF Chief Fault Fg’s Planned Talks With Miyetti Allah by Shayneward1: 11:34am On Feb 04, 2018
Rolings:
I still don't get the uproar ...... everyone agree ranching or cattle colony is the way to go what then is wrong with meeting the umbrella body of cattle herders with a view of educating and enlightening them on the need for ranches or colonies and also assure them of their own safety in the face of hostilities towards them from erstwhile neighbours .

we didn't see anything wrong when government meets labour unions to negotiate , enough of these hyporacies

Labour unions don't kill people.

1 Like

Re: Afenifere, Ohanaeze, ACF Chief Fault Fg’s Planned Talks With Miyetti Allah by usba: 11:36am On Feb 04, 2018
FG ride on, a solution must come to fruition
Re: Afenifere, Ohanaeze, ACF Chief Fault Fg’s Planned Talks With Miyetti Allah by jrusky(m): 11:54am On Feb 04, 2018
emmie14:
I thought osinbanjo is a lawyer and pastor. Christian Nigerian politician doesn't exist.

Who made him a professor is their anything in him to show professor quality? Hell No.

Is their anything that shows he is lawyer? Hell No.

Please who anointed him as pastor? Does this man look like pastor to you?

Ok nah.

A pastor that is comfortable with bloodshed. A pastor sitting and running with Lairs, looters and killers and you still call him.pastor.

A lawyer who want to beg killers and you still call him lawyer.

A professor who does not know his right hand from his left hand and you still call him a professor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afenifere, Ohanaeze, ACF Chief Fault Fg’s Planned Talks With Miyetti Allah by BigNija: 12:11pm On Feb 04, 2018
All I see here is hatred, pure hatred from Igbos against d Yorubas, on d account they voted against Jonathan whom they had previously voted for in 2011 at the expense of Buhari. IPOB wants d deadly HERDSMEN proscribed. Ipob threatened Nigeria sovereignty by declaring another republic in Nigeria. Herdsmen are lunatic organization with Islamic background. If a Christian VP wants to dialogue with them, I think we should encourage him to do so and not castigating him because he is a Yoruba man.
Re: Afenifere, Ohanaeze, ACF Chief Fault Fg’s Planned Talks With Miyetti Allah by Nobody: 12:25pm On Feb 04, 2018
Then you should negotiate with Boko Haram's Shekau, you should have negotiated with late don wanny, then u can negotiate with Evans. You can as well negotiate with kidnappers, killers, murderers and ritualist. Just imagine this nonsense. No common sense. The evil that you have left to go on unabated will consume you and your lineage. SHEER WICKEDNESS

1 Like

Re: Afenifere, Ohanaeze, ACF Chief Fault Fg’s Planned Talks With Miyetti Allah by talk2emma: 12:28pm On Feb 04, 2018
VP you see your life
Re: Afenifere, Ohanaeze, ACF Chief Fault Fg’s Planned Talks With Miyetti Allah by Saintp(m): 12:55pm On Feb 04, 2018
BigNija:
All I see here is hatred, pure hatred from Igbos against d Yorubas, on d account they voted against Jonathan whom they had previously voted for in 2011 at the expense of Buhari. IPOB wants d deadly HERDSMEN proscribed. Ipob threatened Nigeria sovereignty by declaring another republic in Nigeria. Herdsmen are lunatic organization with Islamic background. If a Christian VP wants to dialogue with them, I think we should encourage him to do so and not castigating him because he is a Yoruba man.

Bros you are right. Nobody should arrest and prosecute murderers again whether cultists, kidnappers and all types of killers. It is better the govt dialogue with this murderers like cultists, kidnappers etc. so that they can stop killings. Dialogue is the solution.

1 Like

Re: Afenifere, Ohanaeze, ACF Chief Fault Fg’s Planned Talks With Miyetti Allah by JAWBONE(m): 1:20pm On Feb 04, 2018
emmie14:
I thought osinbanjo is a lawyer and pastor. Christian Nigerian politician doesn't exist.
I believe he doesn't carry out actions on his own, he acts on instructions from his boss

1 Like

Re: Afenifere, Ohanaeze, ACF Chief Fault Fg’s Planned Talks With Miyetti Allah by Akolawole(m): 1:34pm On Feb 04, 2018
jerryunit48:
Good one... the yorubas should know that they are better off and more independent when they cooperate with Igbo

If you know history very well, it's the other way round.

Even in the recent events, June 12 electionot, Abiola lost all the igbo land because he was a yoruba man.

Our brothers from the east voted for Fulani instead.
Re: Afenifere, Ohanaeze, ACF Chief Fault Fg’s Planned Talks With Miyetti Allah by Tijay90(m): 1:43pm On Feb 04, 2018
Nigeria negotiates(openly) with terrorists.
Re: Afenifere, Ohanaeze, ACF Chief Fault Fg’s Planned Talks With Miyetti Allah by dview001(m): 3:27pm On Feb 04, 2018
leaders starting war anytime they want ...some for their right ..some for fun and their own glory ..innocent people die 4 the wrongs that they do ..oh it's painful..come on now southerners say your prayers before u sleep ..get down on your knees and say "oh lord now as I lay down to sleep I pray you lord my soul to keep ..but if herdsmen kill me b4 I wake..I pray you lord my soul to take "....cos we're living in a crazy zoo oh lord
Re: Afenifere, Ohanaeze, ACF Chief Fault Fg’s Planned Talks With Miyetti Allah by emmie14: 3:32pm On Feb 04, 2018
jrusky:

Who made him a professor is their anything in him to show professor quality? Hell No.

Is their anything that shows he is lawyer? Hell No.

Please who anointed him as pastor? Does this man look like pastor to you?

Ok nah.

A pastor that is comfortable with bloodshed. A pastor sitting and running with Lairs, looters and killers and you still call him.pastor.

A lawyer who want to beg killers and you still call him lawyer.

A professor who does not know his right hand from his left hand and you still call him a professor.
Calm down. Those are his societal status.
Re: Afenifere, Ohanaeze, ACF Chief Fault Fg’s Planned Talks With Miyetti Allah by TheKingIsHere: 3:42pm On Feb 04, 2018
In the same vein, a Niger Delta activist, Ms. Annkio Briggs, expressed disapproval with the negotiation plans by the Federal Government

Where is that old lady called amarabae from osogbo who will be insulting Annkio Briggs for being an activist.

Yet the yeye old girl has not even made a single impact in her environment. Shior
Re: Afenifere, Ohanaeze, ACF Chief Fault Fg’s Planned Talks With Miyetti Allah by excel101(m): 4:00pm On Feb 04, 2018
Have the FG, sympathised, with or appeased the respective bereaved families from Benue, Taraba and all other affected states, before negotiating or meeting with the killer herdsmen. This Govt has lost it, instead of arresting and getting these herdsmen that killed many lives prosecuted, they're busy negotiating with their umbrella body, Miyetti Allah. Ebonyi state Gov. I don't understand your inclusion in this committee o.

1 Like

Re: Afenifere, Ohanaeze, ACF Chief Fault Fg’s Planned Talks With Miyetti Allah by APOSTLECHUMA: 4:04pm On Feb 04, 2018
ANY BORN-AGAIN CHRISTIAN THAT GOES INTO POLITICS WILL COME OUT AS CROOKED AS OSIBANJO.
Re: Afenifere, Ohanaeze, ACF Chief Fault Fg’s Planned Talks With Miyetti Allah by excel101(m): 4:15pm On Feb 04, 2018
This Govt has lost it. They never took time to properly investigate and prosecute those involved in the killing of innocent citizens of Nigeria from Benue, Taraba, and several other states, neither have they met with or sympathised with the bereaved families. They're busy setting up a committee to negotiate with the killer herdsmen umbrella body, Miyetti Allah. This is serious. By the way, what is the Ebonyi State Gov. doing in the committee?
Re: Afenifere, Ohanaeze, ACF Chief Fault Fg’s Planned Talks With Miyetti Allah by ernieboy(m): 4:38pm On Feb 04, 2018
Rolings:

we didn't see anything wrong when government meets labour unions to negotiate , enough of these hyporacies

did u just compare miyetti Allah with the labour congress? last time I checked members of the labour congress don't raid communities and kill innocent people.
Re: Afenifere, Ohanaeze, ACF Chief Fault Fg’s Planned Talks With Miyetti Allah by ernieboy(m): 4:43pm On Feb 04, 2018
APOSTLECHUMA:
ANY BORN-AGAIN CHRISTIAN THAT GOES INTO POLITICS WILL COME OUT AS CROOKED AS OSIBANJO.
nah.
he probably was already crooked before politics.

1 Like

Re: Afenifere, Ohanaeze, ACF Chief Fault Fg’s Planned Talks With Miyetti Allah by Rolings: 5:13pm On Feb 04, 2018
ernieboy:

did u just compare miyetti Allah with the labour congress? last time I checked members of the labour congress don't raid communities and kill innocent people.

The problem with you lot is that you always look at things selfishly . Yes labour union strike actions, rallies have led to lots of deaths .
Niger delta militants were killing innocent people , killing soldiers and kidnapping oil workers yet they got amnesty and are now billionaires after government sat and talked with them.
It baffles me how we don't seem to regard fulani herdsmen as nigerians hence the way we see them as foreign enemies........ not until politics tore us apart they were our erstwhile neighbours. We used to gleefully consume the meat these people rear during our festivities and use their cow dung as manure......until the politicians poisoned our minds towards them because of the hatred for one of theirs for winning an election.
Re: Afenifere, Ohanaeze, ACF Chief Fault Fg’s Planned Talks With Miyetti Allah by Rolings: 5:15pm On Feb 04, 2018
ernieboy:

I have never heard or seen Miyetti Allah raid communities and kill innocent people
Re: Afenifere, Ohanaeze, ACF Chief Fault Fg’s Planned Talks With Miyetti Allah by ernieboy(m): 5:32pm On Feb 04, 2018
Rolings:

The problem with you lot is that you always look at things selfishly . Yes labour union strike actions, rallies have led to lots of deaths .
Niger delta militants were killing innocent people , killing soldiers and kidnapping oil workers yet they got amnesty and are now billionaires after government sat and talked with them.
It baffles me how we don't seem to regard fulani herdsmen as nigerians hence the way we see them as foreign enemies........ not until politics tore us apart they were our erstwhile neighbours. We used to gleefully consume the meat these people rear during our festivities and use their cow dung as manure......until the politicians poisoned our minds towards them because of the hatred for one of theirs for winning an election.

Niger delta militants and striking workers are fighting for their rights, the Niger delta militants are fighting because of the he neglect of their region despite producing the oil resources of the nation,
WHAT RIGHTS ARE THE FULANI KILLERS FIGHTING FOR?
Re: Afenifere, Ohanaeze, ACF Chief Fault Fg’s Planned Talks With Miyetti Allah by Adebowale89(m): 5:33pm On Feb 04, 2018
osibanjo is a disgrace not just to southerners but to the learner also

a man with intellect and can't be factual just because he don't want to loose his position, is better to be placed as an unbeliever
Re: Afenifere, Ohanaeze, ACF Chief Fault Fg’s Planned Talks With Miyetti Allah by sunbilor(m): 6:06pm On Feb 04, 2018
chinjo:
They will soon come up with the idea of granting Fulani herdsmen Amnesty.
You read my mind. When I heard that 1Bn USD was to be used to fight insurgency, I knew something was coming.
Re: Afenifere, Ohanaeze, ACF Chief Fault Fg’s Planned Talks With Miyetti Allah by Rolings: 6:43pm On Feb 04, 2018
ernieboy:

Niger delta militants and striking workers are fighting for their rights, the Niger delta militants are fighting because of the he neglect of their region despite producing the oil resources of the nation,
WHAT RIGHTS ARE THE FULANI KILLERS FIGHTING FOR?

Fulani herdsmen are fighting for The right to live anywhere In Nigeria as citizens of Nigeria. The same right an IBO man from aba has to live and carry on his business in sokoto .
."fulani killers " are criminals that should be condemned and the full weight of the law be brought on them ...... a criminal should be seen as a criminal not as fulani or a muslim or a tiv or a Christian.
Hatred for buhari is making rational humans think irrationally . Don't let hatred take over humanity

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

David Mark Threatens Senator With Disciplinary Action / Seized $43m: Fayose Corrupt, Afraid Of Being Dealt With When Out Of Office - APC / 2019: APC May Lose Imo Because Of Okorocha - Former NBA Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.