Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football (37881 Views)

FUTA Final Year Students Storm School In A Grand Style (Photos) / FUTA Final Year Students Sign Out In Style / FUTA Final Year Students Sign Out In Style (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football by habsydiamond(m): 9:39pm On Feb 04, 2018
Ball wey messi, Ronaldo don dey play for 10yrs plus wey dem no die....na im this guy play wey he just go like that..... sometimes it's good for one to know his body's condition B4 involving in energy consuming games such like football....someone with a weak heart can easily collapse and die during games like football....rip to the dead....no be every death has the hand of the village people oooo

1 Like

Re: FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football by eneojoedu(m): 9:39pm On Feb 04, 2018
Troublemaker007:

Nothing like village pple bro. We alway fail to got for medical checkups.
I get you, but village people are real. u can't trust them.

1 Like

Re: FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football by Mac2016(m): 9:39pm On Feb 04, 2018
People attributing this guy's death to village people are mad. In 21st century...non-availability of health facilities led to a guy's death and all what Nigeria future leaders, youths, could say on this platform is that village people caused a seemingly avoidable death. Foolish people
Re: FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football by ufuosman(m): 9:40pm On Feb 04, 2018
Very painful, RIP
Re: FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football by PoisonedOne: 9:41pm On Feb 04, 2018
Sad! Let us be careful how we live. Strenuous exercises can make one lose breath and die. A priest I know slumped and died while jogging last 2 years. I almost lost my breath one day while chasing a ball but was lucky enough to stop and lay on the field gasping for air.
Even while working out these days I do stop whenever I start feeling faint.
Re: FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football by Greenbullet(m): 9:44pm On Feb 04, 2018
Trama dol
Re: FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football by sizer07: 9:46pm On Feb 04, 2018
NaoSlay:

Football is devilish.

People won't understand.

When I was telling people professional football is scripted, they argue hell with me.

Playing amateur football is a big sin already.

Football is just an entertainment.

Well. For the guy, fear these people below...

Oga go n sit down, says who? Bin football playing for quite a while now. You are not supposed to play football with a hang over or filling sicky. Do not over play when you are tired. There is a limitto what ur hart or body can carry, do no over pushed it. So many things can lead to slumping on d pitch.God is d only protector
Re: FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football by AntiWailer: 9:47pm On Feb 04, 2018
ShyCypher:
Village people right now...

For some one who died ?

What did u find funny about this ?
Re: FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football by oluwakayode25(m): 9:48pm On Feb 04, 2018
My friend also died while playing football today and he was a Corp member...Painful exit....The same place where we found joy...GOD giveth and taketh...May the soul's of the faithful departed through the mercy of GOD rest in peace!!Amen
Re: FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football by bigpicture001: 9:49pm On Feb 04, 2018
eneojoedu:
500L Kai I smell village people at work.. r.i.p to him.
...u shld know most nigerians hv heart related health issues,unknown to them
Re: FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football by mastermaestro(m): 9:51pm On Feb 04, 2018
oluwakayode25:
My friend also died while playing football today and he was a Corp member...Painful exit....The same place where we found joy...GOD giveth and taketh...May the soul's of the faithful departed through the mercy of GOD rest in peace!!Amen

Today? How now?
Re: FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football by blazer2018: 9:52pm On Feb 04, 2018
Cardiac Arrest

I think schools should start teaching students how to carry out first aid on people...

Imagine someone with good CPR skills on the pitch that day...this young man could have made it to the teaching hospital..who knows

RIP
Re: FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football by hopefulLandlord: 9:54pm On Feb 04, 2018
miqos02:
Rip

Na wah for football and slumping oh. Men need to check their hearts before playing football this days oh better to just go swimming or biking

do you realise one can slump and die anytime? even just while walking from parlour to toilet?

Football may have had little to do with it
Re: FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football by onadana: 9:54pm On Feb 04, 2018
miqos02:
Rip

Na wah for football and slumping oh. Men need to check their hearts before playing football this days oh better to just go swimming or biking

That's not the issue. Simple first aid CPU would have resuscitated him..instead of running from one hospital to the other.Knowledge makes a difference. Am sure they gathered round him blowing him breeze.
Re: FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football by hopefulLandlord: 9:58pm On Feb 04, 2018
habsydiamond:
Ball wey messi, Ronaldo don dey play for 10yrs plus wey dem no die....na im this guy play wey he just go like that..... sometimes it's good for one to know his body's condition B4 involving in energy consuming games such like football....someone with a weak heart can easily collapse and die during games like football....rip to the dead....no be every death has the hand of the village people oooo

It. can happen to professional footballers too lol

Cheick Tiote was the latest one it happened to

Endurance Idahor died in a similar manner

Abdelakh Nouri just got brain dead last season or so

Fabrice Muamba almost died from same

Ruben De La Red too; both Muamba and De La Red had to retire prematurely

Even Messi and Ronaldo aren't immune, you just hope it doesn't happen to them
Re: FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football by Onisokuso1(m): 10:02pm On Feb 04, 2018
NaoSlay:

Football is devilish.

People won't understand.

When I was telling people professional football is scripted, they argue hell with me.

Playing amateur football is a [b]big sin
already.

[/b]
How is it a big sin angry
Re: FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football by obinnashady(m): 10:02pm On Feb 04, 2018
SteveGossipsBlog:
you must be mad
you must be mad you too
village member spotted
Re: FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football by Joelsblog(m): 10:03pm On Feb 04, 2018
Trending on JoelsBlog

Nigerian Man Orders for a Sex Doll that looks like Mercy Johnson - https://joelsblog.com.ng/nigerian-man-sets-to-buy-sex-doll-that-looks-like-mercy-johnson/

Mercy Johnson's Husband reacts to Twitter user who bought a sex doll that looks like his wife - https://joelsblog.com.ng/odi-okojie-reacts-to-guy-who-said-he-ordered-a-sex-doll-that-looks-like-mercy-johnson/
Re: FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football by ovoP(m): 10:03pm On Feb 04, 2018
Do u study geophysics for 5years..??
Re: FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football by habsydiamond(m): 10:03pm On Feb 04, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

It. can happen to professional footballers too lol

Cheick Tiote was the latest one it happened to

Endurance Idahor died in a similar manner

Abdelakh Nouri just got brain dead last season or so

Fabrice Muamba almost died from same

Ruben De La Red too; both Muamba and De La Red had to retire prematurely

Even Messi and Ronaldo aren't immune, you just hope it doesn't happen to them
I know it happens to professional footballers...what am saying is that medical check-up is helping them against such...
Re: FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football by hopefulLandlord: 10:06pm On Feb 04, 2018
habsydiamond:
I know it happens to professional footballers...what am saying is that medical check-up is helping them against such...

It helps them against majority of such but there are still a lot of heart issues that "can't" be detected until too late

aneurysm is a good example, you could be checked and passed fit by professional doctors one minute then fall and die just as you step out of the hospital
Re: FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football by habsydiamond(m): 10:08pm On Feb 04, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

It helps them against majority of such but there are still a lot of heart issues that "can't" be detected until too late

aneurysm is a good example, you could be checked and passed fit by professional doctors one minute then fall and die just as you step out of the hospital
just hearing of such.. aneurysm.... orisirisi laye yii sha...
Re: FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football by NzeSteve(m): 10:13pm On Feb 04, 2018
Strike also contributed to his death RIP brother
Re: FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football by lettruthprevail: 10:15pm On Feb 04, 2018
Favouramani:
What a devilish world we live

RIP BRO

Most of the time it is not the handwork of the devil. Bad feeding habits also contributes. He might have silent bp and not know it. I have 2 friends that eats 21 eggs in 4 days, making about 84 eggs in a month! It's a routine for them so, 84 eggs multiplied by 12 months gives you the number of eggs they eat in a year. If cancer don't take them, then heart attack will. Eat right!!!! People have abandoned local food for indomie, ice-cream, pork meat, fry fry etc.
Re: FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football by Bimpe29: 10:16pm On Feb 04, 2018
Our medical and health institution problem is still there up till tomorrow. Nigeria is a pure orphan. Our leaders at all levels are failure, wicked and selfish. I have been hearing of that "strike, power outage and lack of required facilities at our hospital " since last millennium.
Re: FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football by vroy(m): 10:17pm On Feb 04, 2018
NaoSlay:

Football is devilish.

People won't understand.

Playing amateur football is a big sin already.

professional football is scripted?
Re: FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football by Deo1986(m): 10:18pm On Feb 04, 2018
Death, the inevitable end. R.I.P bro
Re: FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football by joyandfaith: 10:25pm On Feb 04, 2018
Dilated cardiomyopathy
Re: FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football by FriendofGod: 10:28pm On Feb 04, 2018
Always listen to your heart when you are exercising. Don't push your heart too far. Abandon the exercise when your heart beats irregularly and you are beginning to feel dizzy. That was what killed the Cameroonian player Foe. The coach noticed that he was tired and wanted to substitute him but Foe insisted on playing on. He pushed his heart to the limits and paid heavily for it.
Re: FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football by hopefulLandlord: 10:29pm On Feb 04, 2018
habsydiamond:
just hearing of such.. aneurysm.... orisirisi laye yii sha...

Yeah, that one just sneaks upon the person, you can Google and see how bad it is
Re: FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football by eazriel09: 10:52pm On Feb 04, 2018
All this stupid JAC and their strike.......this wicked demons always look for excuse to go on strike
Re: FUTA Final Year Student Dies While Playing Football by edward1106(m): 11:27pm On Feb 04, 2018
I remembered going to the same Health Centre since i was sick only to see another student about to give up before my very eyes and d nurses there did nothing at all. Just one dirty slap at the nurse in charge and attention was given to the guy. Even myself, I became well after slapping d nurse cos doctors came out and took d guy matter seriously. If you haven't seen someone dying slowly before your very eyes, you won't really know the feeling.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NUC Directs Universities To Suspend Academic Activities / ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday / '3.5m Per Term' Secondary School Reunion Turns Into Tale Of Woes About Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.