Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,432 members, 7,850,523 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:17 AM

The Real Reason The Super Eagles Lost To Morrocan Atlas Lions - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Real Reason The Super Eagles Lost To Morrocan Atlas Lions (867 Views)

Morocco Wants Rohr To Replace Renard As Atlas Lions Coach / Different Types Of Nigerians Reactions After The Super Eagles Lost - Meme / Why Super Eagles Lost To England - Rohr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Real Reason The Super Eagles Lost To Morrocan Atlas Lions by Teacher1776(m): 6:15am On Feb 05, 2018
It was indeed an embarrassing night for the Nigerian Super eagles as they watch the Atlas Lions of Morocco banging in the goals from all directions. 4 - 0 was the final score.
Although one might be modest to congratulate the eagles for reaching the CHAN finals for the first time since inception, the most important question at this point is, what went wrong? No doubt, many soccer pundits would want to paint several theories. I am however of the opinion that we lost to Morocco because our team was simply inferior to the morrocans. They played better football than ours. They played as a team and with purpose. Their technical crew is far better than ours.

That's my take on this issue. Do you have a contrary opinion?

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason The Super Eagles Lost To Morrocan Atlas Lions by pyyxxaro: 6:25am On Feb 05, 2018
I blame Buhari for it

He's an Ekwensu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Real Reason The Super Eagles Lost To Morrocan Atlas Lions by seunlayi(m): 6:43am On Feb 05, 2018
Blame our economy, our better players are out of the country and not eligible to feature in the tournament. That is why we don't win Africa club cups anymore. Until our economy improves, we will continue to present remnant players.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Real Reason The Super Eagles Lost To Morrocan Atlas Lions by Temidayo9(m): 6:54am On Feb 05, 2018
This Shows that Nigeria Local league is in bad state....
Re: The Real Reason The Super Eagles Lost To Morrocan Atlas Lions by emmanuelpopson(m): 7:01am On Feb 05, 2018
shocked angry
Re: The Real Reason The Super Eagles Lost To Morrocan Atlas Lions by Teacher1776(m): 7:40am On Feb 05, 2018
seunlayi:
Blame our economy, our better players are out of the country and not eligible to feature in the tournament. That is why we don't win Africa club cups anymore. Until our economy improves, we will continue to present remnant players.
And even the few "good" ones in this team will soon be snatched to some foreign clubs, leaving only the chaff to represent us.

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason The Super Eagles Lost To Morrocan Atlas Lions by Kalapizim(m): 9:40am On Feb 05, 2018
I saw it coming from the selection of players at first, but don't blame them. They lost to a better side.

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason The Super Eagles Lost To Morrocan Atlas Lions by LegallyBlunt: 10:02am On Feb 05, 2018
Teacher1776:
It was indeed an embarrassing night for the Nigerian Super eagles as they watch the Atlas Lions of Morocco banging in the goals from all directions. 4 - 0 was the final score.
Although one might be modest to congratulate the eagles for reaching the CHAN finals for the first time since inception, the most important question at this point is, what went wrong? No doubt, many soccer pundits would want to paint several theories. I am however of the opinion that we lost to Morocco because our team was simply inferior to the morrocans. They played better football than ours. They played as a team and with purpose. Their technical crew is far better than ours.

That's my take on this issue. Do you have a contrary opinion?
Apart from the fact that they are simply better than us, they have a much better league coupled with the fact that most of the players that helped them qualify for the world cup are home based. I fully expected them to beat us. No offense.

1 Like

Re: The Real Reason The Super Eagles Lost To Morrocan Atlas Lions by dramaine(m): 12:44pm On Feb 05, 2018
The Moroccan team played with their first eleven. That's almost like their complete national team

(1) (Reply)

Akwa United Go Second With Come-from-behind Win Against Heartland / Thursday Daily Sure Bet Tips / The 2017/2018 PFA Team Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.