Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,304 members, 7,957,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 07:50 PM

Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov (4425 Views)

Ban On Foreign Trip: Ihedioha Excluded, IPOB Pencils Down 4 Governors For Attack / Captaiid Mohammed Yelwa Killed By Hoodlums In Port-harcourt, Rivers State. Photo / Governors, Stakeholders "Stockpiling Arms For Elections" - NATFORCE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by SalamRushdie: 2:13pm On Feb 05, 2018
I encourage our state governors to consider the option of arming local militias with shoulder fired surface to air missiles to fall any chopper seen wrong illicit material for herdsmen

3 Likes

Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by sanandreas(m): 2:18pm On Feb 05, 2018
We should all be prepared for the security tsunami.

1 Like

Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by ashjay001(m): 10:32pm On Feb 05, 2018
KosiGee:

Spare the governors. The ‘Abuja people’ that they ask for help are same people who fund, send and support these criminals.

Some state govs, have taken d laws into their hands! Lagos banned them, as far as 10-20yrz ago. Fayose, has been threatening, hell n brimstones! Bello in kogi, as broke as his state was, sponsored soldiers to fight Abj(Dino) n kidnappers! Why can't those excuse of a gov, do something in dat line? Bello paid d army, to occupy strategic locations in his state, why can't those ineffective buffoons, take a leaf?
Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:34am On Feb 06, 2018
can dis info be true and real? someone should pls investigate...
Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by Kc3000: 1:53am On Feb 06, 2018
ashjay001:
U begin to wonder, what all d security vote is abt

U see other states, kogi, Lagos, pH, all funding police n army to provide, extra security(opmesa et all). Its always d incompetent ones, crying wolf.angry

The state governors do not have command over the police and armed forces. This is not a matter of funding. The best they can do is to arm their own militias, which I believe Benue and Taraba did, only for the FG to strongly oppose their efforts. In fact, the last time the people of Taraba took the fight to the fulani aggressors, the Nigerian military swiftly unleashed hell on them in response. I don't see how anyone can pivot away from the obvious complicity of the FG to put blame on the governors.

1 Like

Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by anpipac: 4:05am On Feb 06, 2018
This governor is a coward. why are you reporting to ABUJA or waiting for security agents to come and rescue you. face the attack. use your brain.
Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by ashjay001(m): 8:02am On Feb 06, 2018
Kc3000:

The state governors do not have command over the police and armed forces. This is not a matter of funding. The best they can do is to arm their own militias, which I believe Benue and Taraba did, only for the FG to strongly oppose their efforts. In fact, the last time the people of Taraba took the fight to the fulani aggressors, the Nigerian military swiftly unleashed hell on them in response. I don't see how anyone can pivot away from the obvious complicity of the FG to put blame on the governors.

Seems u av selective amnesiashocked We're all witnesses, to state govts facing their security challenges head on! Everyone knows Fayose tackles ds govt at any opportunity, yet his law banning herdsmen has never been questioned nor flouted! Lets not celebrate incompetence in d name of oppossition!angry
Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by buchilino(m): 8:13am On Feb 06, 2018
dangermouse:
Why not trace the place and have the vigilantes surround and round them up.
No need crying up and down,take decisive measures.
They can never defeat you in your country home if you stay woke .

TELL U WAT, I WILL GIVE U A HAMMER WHILE I HOLD AN AK 79, NOW TRY ATTACKING ME, LETS C IF UR HEAD WILL STILL FITTED WITH BODY
Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by ProDNA: 8:26am On Feb 06, 2018
For reliable paternity DNA test please click on my username and check our signature for our contact numbers and office addresses.
Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by dangermouse(m): 8:43am On Feb 06, 2018
buchilino:

TELL U WAT, I WILL GIVE U A HAMMER WHILE I HOLD AN AK 79, NOW TRY ATTACKING ME, LETS C IF UR HEAD WILL STILL FITTED WITH BODY

My man don't ever try that in real life.
If you have heard of guerilla warfare you wouldn't be talking all these.
Ask Nigerian Army as regards to bono haram, ask the American Army as regards Vietnamese American war.
Surprise and ambush is the greatest weapon to be used against any force no matter how equipped.
Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by Kc3000: 12:45pm On Feb 06, 2018
ashjay001:

Seems u av selective amnesiashocked We're all witnesses, to state govts facing their security challenges head on! Everyone knows Fayose tackles ds govt at any opportunity, yet his law banning herdsmen has never been questioned nor flouted! Lets not celebrate incompetence in d name of oppossition!angry

Seems like you have a strong aversion to facts. What exactly did Fayose do to tackle the issue? He 'banned' the herdsmen last year and asked Ekiti hunters with their antiquated dane guns to protect the land. Despite his so-called ban, he had to intervene this year by calling for a truce when some Tivs resident in Ekiti killed a Fulani herdsman, which goes to show that Fulani herdsmen are still operating in Ekiti.
Common sense should compel you to know that some states in the middle belt are at the epicenter of the crises, where the fulani militias have concentrated their efforts. Could Ekiti hunters with their bow and arrows contend with the militarily armed fulani militias that are more or less being backed by the FG, as we've seen in the middle-belt? Besides, as stated earlier, the FG has declared that the security apparatus set up by these states to protect their people are illegal, and have responded aggressively when these people have retaliated against the fulani, even going to the extent of dropping bombs on some of these folks! In essence, rather than challenging the insanity that resides in Aso rock, you're asking the helpless state governors to declare war against the federal might.
Re: Helicopters Have Dropped Arms For Hoodlums In Preparation For Attack On Us, Gov by ashjay001(m): 1:43pm On Feb 06, 2018
Kc3000:

Seems like you have a strong aversion to facts. What exactly did Fayose do to tackle the issue? He 'banned' the herdsmen last year and asked Ekiti hunters with their antiquated dane guns to protects the land. Despite his so-called ban, he had to intervene this year by calling for a truce when some Tivs resident in Ekiti killed a Fulani herdsman, which goes to show that Fulani herdsmen are still operating in Ekiti.
Common sense should compel you to know that some states in the middle belt are at the epicenter of the crises, where the fulani militias have concentrated their efforts. Could Ekiti hunters with their bow and arrows contend with the militarily armed fulani militias that are more or less being backed by the FG, as we've seen in the middle-belt? Besides, as stated earlier, the FG has declared that the security apparatus set up these states to protect their people are illegal, and have responded aggressively when these people have retaliated against the fulani, even going to the extent of dropping bombs on some of these folks! In essence, rather than challenging the insanity that resides in Aso rock, you're asking the helpless state governors to declare war against the federal might.

Compared to d reprisal attacks, going on in Benue n taraba, we're yet to hear of such, from states that have stood up to protect themselves. Crime levels in states were rising, until state govts became proactive(IMO, rivers, kogi, Lagos, Kaduna).

The FG has tried as much as possible, to remove itself from d narrative. Going as far as not making opposing statements or taking opposing stances, when states were/are banning open grazing.

But, extra-judicial killings, is totally out of it! As a, supposedly, critical thinker, what exactly is going on BTW d herdsmen n farmers in Benue n taraba, that is not being replicated in other middle belt regions?

We've been hearing inklings of unrest in Ogun too, recently. Let's see n contrast reactions of each govt, to a potential crisis.

I see d herdsmen crisis, as something of d kidnappers, avengers, baddo-ists. Not a FG sponsored attack on potential voting blocks! Osinbajo refuted Ortom's claims(absolutely, called him a liar), we're yet to hear/read is rejoineder!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jigawa Breaks All Records As Buhari Campaigns. Viewers Discression Pics / Amotekun Is Finally Dead As I Stated Here Months Ago / Sanusi's Dethronement: Sanusi Lineage Cursed By The Atta Of Igala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.