Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Herdsman Attacks Ondo Woman In Her Farm - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Herdsman Attacks Ondo Woman In Her Farm (416 Views)

Fulani Herdsman Attacks Father & Son In Bayelsa Over Missing Cow (Photo) / Ondo Woman Conspires With Lover To Kill Ex-boyfriend (pic) / Youths Kill 41-year-old Man In Imo For Trying To Rape Woman In Her Farm (Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Herdsman Attacks Ondo Woman In Her Farm by comos: 11:05am On Feb 05, 2018
Akure—A 28-year-old mother of two, Florence Godday, escaped death by the whiskers in Igbo Abo community in Akure North area of Ondo State, as a herdsman attacked her with a machete and attempted to rape her in her farm.

Narrating her ordeal to newsmen, Florence said she was working on her farm alone, when she suddenly noticed that a herdsman was on her farm.According to her, “I decided to fetch some firewood after working on my cassava farm, when I suddenly noticed the herdsman and decided to leave immediately for fear of possible attack. “I greeted him and he replied. I sought his assistance in putting the firewood on my head and he obliged. But before I could thank him, he attacked me with his cutlass and cut me on the head. “Before I could question him or know what was happening, he gagged me, tore my clothes and I raised alarm. “He took to his heels after he noticed that my noise had attracted other farmers around. He ran away with his blood-stained clothes. “I managed to get to the nearest community, where I was given clothes to wear. I was too tired and weak to walk again, because I had lost so much blood. “But they helped me to the nearest hospital where I was treated. “I can’t really explain the motive behind the attack by the herdsman. But he removed all my clothes after he had cut me.”

Her husband A good Samaritan in the community, according to her “contacted my husband, Thomas Godday, who is a member of the Oodua People’s Congress, OPC, and the incident was reported at the Police station.” Also speaking with newsmen, the husband, Godday, from Delta State, said he mobilised his members to comb the area and also reported the case to the head of Fulani in the area. Godday said the suspect was arrested and handed over to the Police with his blood-soaked clothes, but expressed shock and disappointment over the release of the suspect. Godday, who is a commercial driver, called for justice, insisting that the matter should not be swept under the carpet.

Why we released him- Police Command
the Police imagemaker, Femi Joseph, confirmed the arrest of the suspect, adding that he had been granted bail while investigation continues on the matter.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/02/herdsman-attacks-ondo-woman-farm/
Re: Herdsman Attacks Ondo Woman In Her Farm by Ttalk: 11:12am On Feb 05, 2018
Again?
Re: Herdsman Attacks Ondo Woman In Her Farm by bloodmoneyspita: 11:13am On Feb 05, 2018
there are no herdsmen in yoruba land. All these news are fake news.

(1) (Reply)

Dad Attacks Doctor Who Sexually Abused His 3 Daughters / PHOTO : “yahoo+ Boy” Allegedly Turns Into Cat During Rituals In Ghana / Killer Of Police Officer Arrested In Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.