Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,648 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:43 AM

Egmont Group Plans To Expel Nigeria - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Egmont Group Plans To Expel Nigeria (31838 Views)

Facebook: I Have No Plans To Resign , Says Zuckerberg / Alibaba Co-founder Jack Ma Announces Plans To Retire At 54 / Why Cereal Maker Kellogg Plans To Invest $420m In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egmont Group Plans To Expel Nigeria by Emycord: 6:55am On Feb 06, 2018
[quote author=dearpreye post=64819185]

A mistake that should not even have happened in the first place.....well, folks with no history decided to punish us with this disaster. [/quote
Re: Egmont Group Plans To Expel Nigeria by Kezzy2(f): 7:36am On Feb 06, 2018
ovadozes:
Please can someone tell me where to read good news about Nigeria??
www.Nigeriagobetter.com
Re: Egmont Group Plans To Expel Nigeria by blackpanda: 8:28am On Feb 06, 2018
OceanmorganTrix:

If what you quoted me for was because I did not read before commenting, I will like to know and be sure if the part I bolded above is not AMEBO

Either u need glasses or u have a comprehension problem. Go back and read the preceding paragraph! The one u highlughted was referring to the earlier suspension in 2017 okay. So go back and try to read more slowly
Re: Egmont Group Plans To Expel Nigeria by porka: 8:55am On Feb 06, 2018
BlackMbakara1

NOAH how did you know i'm an Almajiri?

Dimwit confidential financial transactions like Haliburton scandal that American opened up? Confidential financial transactions of Abacha loot from world bank? I can go on and on... Your leaking brain did not tell you that the reason FIU was setup is to share financial intel among member states...

Clear conscience fears no accusation...so go screw yourself with your useless confidential transaction.
That once anything is in court the whole world will know the details...

An almajiri is always ready to kill anyone because of his insecurities.

Everything you ever know about "Haliburton scandal" came from COURT filings in the US.

Get educated about these things.

When a case has reached the court, it has become a public matter. That is not what they accused the EFCC of doing.

EFCC is being accused of LEAKING FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS TO THE MEDIA.

The media is not the court.

When a case has been thrown to the wild jungle (public) before prosecution begins, it has been compromised.

i) The public would feast on it like they do in the prehistoric times, sometimes denying the accused the right to fair hearing.

ii) Or the alleged suspect could begin making moves to "kill" the case.

Including hiring smart lawyers to preempt the actions of law enforcement bodies or offering bribes to them, or destroying evidence (law officers' lives could be in danger).

iii) The judge himself could be biased, based on what the public opinion says.

"Abacha loot" was a court case. Obasanjo followed judicial process even though he was "forced" into a plea bargain.

Charges were dropped after Abacha family "cooperated" to let go some part of the money in return for Abacha's son's freedom.

All this we know through court (public) records.

Modern law enforcement is not the same as cutting people's head based on "rumour" without proper investigations.

Civilized people don't conduct their law enforcement in the media.

FIU was not set-up yesterday. It has existed before now.

If it is now being used to do Buhari's "public prosecution" duties against the STEALTH operation it was set-up for then collaborating agencies from other jurisdictions are justified by raising concerns about their own records being LEAKED TO THE MEDIA.

EFCC's alleged leaks could get into criminals' hands. Kidnappers or terrorists could use the financial information to do harm.

Enough of this zealotry. Fanaticism is not efficiency.

Financial transactions are not based on "conscience".

They are based on evidence/documents.

It has nothing to do with religion, it is what the papers say.

1 Like

Re: Egmont Group Plans To Expel Nigeria by BlackMbakara1(m): 9:29am On Feb 06, 2018
porka:

An almajiri is always ready to kill anyone because of his insecurities.

Everything you ever know about "Haliburton scandal" came from COURT filings in the US.

Get educated about these things.

When a case has reached the court, it has become a public matter. That is not what they accused the EFCC of doing.

EFCC is being accused of LEAKING FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS TO THE MEDIA.

The media is not the court.

When a case has been thrown to the wild jungle (public) before prosecution begins, it has been compromised.

i) The public would feast on it like they do in the prehistoric times, sometimes denying the accused the right to fair hearing.

ii) Or the alleged suspect could begin making moves to "kill" the case.

Including hiring smart lawyers to preempt the actions of law enforcement bodies or offering bribes to them, or destroying evidence.

iii) The judge himself could be biased, based on what the public opinion says.

"Abacha loot" was a court case. Obasanjo followed judicial process even though he was "forced" into a plea bargain.

Charges were dropped after Abacha family "cooperated" to let go some part of the money in return for Abacha's son's freedom.

All this we know through court (public) records.

Modern law enforcement is not the same as cutting people's head based on "rumour" without proper investigations.

Civilized people don't conduct their law enforcement in the media.

FIU was not set-up yesterday. It has existed before now.

If it is now being used to do Buhari's "public prosecution" duties against the STEALTH operation it was set-up for then collaborating agencies from other jurisdictions are justified by raising concerns about their own records being LEAKED TO THE MEDIA.

Enough of this zealotry. Fanaticism is not efficiency.

Financial transactions are not based on "conscience".

They are based on evidence/documents.

It has nothing to do with religion, it is what the papers say.

Stop deceiving yourself Mr. Educator and live in a real world.

A transaction will always remain confidential especially if it's legitimate and proper documentation done with source.

Do you have a proof of the leaked financial transaction that is in the media that is legitimate and there is no court fillings to it?

Stop shoving everything you hear and think with your head.

NFIU wants to be on their own which is why the petition and in so doing that EFCC will be handicap to carry out their duties...and who do you think will benefit from such? Who do think is pushing for NFIU to be on their own if not the thieves?

Since you live in Pluto and not in Nigeria, how many agencies share information among themselves? We have to have our own model that will work for us...what is working for those developed countries will not work for us as they are patriotic.

Just so you know, some agencies will give piece meal info or not at all...and if you push further; sentiment, tribalism, religion or even the opposition will cry blue black.

Taking NFIU from EFCC will make them handicap and will give their collaborators what they want and the looting will continue forever...

I was even thinking as an educator you will highlight the benefit Nigeria at large will get from Egmont group if the NFIU is on their own...waiting.
Re: Egmont Group Plans To Expel Nigeria by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 06, 2018
blackpanda:

Either u need glasses or u have a comprehension problem. Go back and read the preceding paragraph! The one u highlughted was referring to the earlier suspension in 2017 okay. So go back and try to read more slowly

I can tell you are just waking up from sleep
Re: Egmont Group Plans To Expel Nigeria by buchai: 6:45pm On Feb 06, 2018
[quote author=styca post=64815879]
Hey,
I'm Styca, your comment just gave me an idea.
will send you a dm if you don't mind.

OK
Re: Egmont Group Plans To Expel Nigeria by Cityguy: 9:13pm On Feb 06, 2018
Everything just heading south! One would most likely find nepotism and clannish agitations at the root of this problem that's going to impact innocent lives negatively now. Hmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wema Bank Launches ALAT, First Nigerian 100% Digital Bank / Tony Elumelu And Barack Obama Pictured In Chicago / Answer These Questions Before You Take A Loan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.