Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,715 members, 7,831,255 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol (21179 Views)

Mojisola Adeyeye: It Costs Two Million Naira To Destroy A Container Of Tramadol / Man Dies After Consuming 1000mg Of Tramadol In Benue State / JSS Student Who Took 10 Tablets Of Tramadol Dies In Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol by miqos02(m): 8:28pm On Feb 05, 2018
Nice
Re: NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol by Absuchat(m): 8:28pm On Feb 05, 2018
Saintsbrown:
Nepotism Smelling All Over Nigeria
===========================
"Words of Dr. Junaid Mohammed a northern ethno-religious irredentist.
“Let me say straight away that whether one calls it a cabal or a mafia or power within the presidency under Buhari, whatever you say it is; it is, and a lot worse. First, the most influential person in the presidency today is one Mamman Daura whom as you know, is a nephew of the president. His father was Buhari’s elder brother. In addition, Mamman Daura was the one who single-handedly brought up Abba Kyari, the current chief of staff to the president. In fact, Abba Kyari knows Mamman Daura more than he knows his own father.
“Next, the personal assistant to Buhari himself is the son of Mamman Daura, next is the State Chief of Protocol (SCOP), and is also a son-in-law to Mamman Daura because he is married to Mamman Daura’s daughter. Next, the minister they unilaterally chose, against the interest of the party and against the wishes of Sokoto people, happens to be the daughter of the younger sister of Mamman Daura’s wife. Both of them are daughters of Sultan Dasuki, who was sacked by General Abacha. We have the aide-de-camp to Buhari himself, Colonel Abubakar. He is married to the granddaughter of one of Buhari’s elder sisters. Next we have the woman who represents Kaduna in the Federal Executive Council, she is a cousin to Kaduna State governor, Nasir el-Rufai. It is a well known that el-Rufai is one of the closest governors to Muhammadu Buhari.
“Next, we have the Minister for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). The Minister of the FCT is the man called Musa Bello, who used to be the Managing Director of the Northern Nigeria Development Corporation, which used to be the biggest holding company that belonged to all the northern states. His only qualification to be the FCT minister is the fact that his father has been Buhari’s friend over the years. Now, there is a young man called Sabiu Yusuf, nicknamed Tunde – probably because of the late General Tunde Idiagbon. He is another PA to President Buhari. He is also a grandson of another sister of Buhari.
“This is enough to prove to you that this is shamelessly the worst form of nepotism in the history of government in Nigeria. In fact, in the history of Africa, let me make bold to assert that I have never seen any level of nepotism that has equalled or surpassed this in my entire life – I am now in my 67th year. Another thing I also want you to know is that Amina Zakari, who was and is still a national commissioner in the Independent National Electoral Commission representing the entire seven states in the North-west; it is being claimed that Buhari knows nothing about her appointment (before he became the president), it is a lie.
“When President Goodluck Jonathan was reorganising INEC and he was bringing in Prof. Attahiru Jega, he reached out to Buhari and asked him to nominate somebody from the North-west so that, that person would be a national commissioner. Of all the people in the North-west, Buhari decided to nominate his own niece, the daughter of his elder sister – Amina Zakari. She has been there; when Jega left, Buhari was determined to make her the chairman, it was because of the massive backlash that he dropped the idea like hot potatoes. As we are talking today, that woman is a national commissioner which means she is one of the principal members of the election umpire.
“Throughout my reading of history, political science and social sciences generally, I have never heard of any dictator or any tyrant under any system of government whether totalitarian or fascist, appointing his own niece to conduct elections in which he was either a party or going to be a party to; Buhari has done that. The immediate younger brother to Amina Zakari is currently the Minister for Water Resources representing Jigawa State in the same Buhari government. In addition, even though they are from Kazaure, Kazaure is contiguous to Daura. The eldest sister of both of them is now the Commissioner for Education in the All Progressives Congress government in Jigawa State. If this is not nepotism, then I don’t know what nepotism is. For somebody who had the guts and the brutal arrogance to appoint these relations, not bothered about public opinion, about the sense of justice, and about competence, then you can see that he has a very serious question to answer.”
Copied

Summarize in two words
Re: NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol by AishaBuhari: 8:29pm On Feb 05, 2018
IgboBasthard:
Biafran importers slowing killing and neutralising Aboki children with Tramadol.

Bitter Biafrans never forget.

Foolish Nigerian Aboki should have simply captured the oil and let bush dwellers of Biafra go!
You're obviously from Yoruba or a Fulani - Wonder where you stole the phone you're using now...
Re: NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol by Philinho(m): 8:29pm On Feb 05, 2018
the kind tramadol wey people dey take eee hmmm
Re: NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol by Mintayo(m): 8:29pm On Feb 05, 2018
The rate at which guys use that drug en? No be here o.
https://www.nairaland.com/4006994/reclaim-free-time-let-us#64815532
Re: NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol by Nobody: 8:30pm On Feb 05, 2018
I need to see the size of those trucks to know how deep this situation is
Re: NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol by phreakabit(m): 8:32pm On Feb 05, 2018
Its just a freaking pain killer.
You should be after those abusing it not the drug itself!
Why not ban cough syrup then?
Re: NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol by Galantis: 8:35pm On Feb 05, 2018
Potential science students will not like this news grin grin grin cheesy
Re: NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol by Somebodydaddy01: 8:37pm On Feb 05, 2018
They have collect my oja
Re: NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol by adaxxy: 8:38pm On Feb 05, 2018
Abokis won't like this oo lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol by adaxxy: 8:40pm On Feb 05, 2018
phreakabit:
Its just a freaking pain killer.
You should be after those abusing it not the drug itself!
Why not ban cough syrup then?
benylyn with codeine grin..
My abokis right now
Re: NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol by LZAA: 8:46pm On Feb 05, 2018
Realsman405:
Published February 5, 2018
Eniola Akinkuotu, Abuja

The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control says it has seized two trucks laden with tramadol.

The Director-General of NAFDAC, Prof. Moji Adeyeye, disclosed this at the public launch of drug related health policies and guidelines in Abuja on Monday.

At the event tagged, ‘The National Policy for Controlled Medicines, National Guidelines for the Estimation of Psychotropic Substances and Precursors and National Minimum Standards for Drug Dependence Treatment in Nigeria’, the NAFDAC boss said the tramadol would have been sold to youths.

Adeyeye said, “Using drugs is centrally controlled or central nervous system-based which means it hits the brain immediately and it changes the user to somebody else. During the first use and second use, the brain of the user becomes very different because of dependence.

“They are no longer able to control themselves and that is where the crime, terrorism come in. Therefore, please let the word go out that drug use comes with consequences.

“Of course, we are going after the peddlers. As we speak, we just intercepted two lorries full of tramadol this morning. And where are they going? They are going to the Ajegunles of Nigeria, to the Kanos of Nigeria. Who are they targeting? Our children. Therefore, we need to all come in. It’s our business.”

The NAFDAC boss said many youths were dying of drug overdose because it was very easy for them to access addictive drugs.

She also called on the National Assembly to amend the law such that drug peddlers could be given stiffer penalties.

“There are prosecutions and there are arrests. However, personally speaking the sentences are very mild. We need stiffer sentences. There was a case in which someone was sentenced to one and a half years or a fine of N200,000. Is N200,000 enough to pay for a life?” Adeyeye said.

She said NAFDAC would be recruiting young pharmacists to visit secondary schools across the country to warn them of the repercussion of drug abuse including the misuse of prescription medicine like codeine.

http://punchng.com/nafdac-seizes-two-trucks-of-tramadol/

grin grin grin
Re: NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol by Godwin978(m): 8:46pm On Feb 05, 2018
northers go hate this news ooooo their food has been seized
Re: NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol by Taiwx(m): 8:46pm On Feb 05, 2018
cool bt d drug get im own benefit na 4 d core science stud shocked
Re: NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol by AnanseK(m): 8:50pm On Feb 05, 2018
eTECTIVe:
How come dey didn't mention where dey seized if from?? I'm sure it's somewhere in d north

But you know very well who the Nigerian drug peddlers are, both local and international.

The have filled the prisons in Malaysia , indonesia and Thailand, waiting for the hangman.

I don’t have to mention names.

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol by teflonjake(m): 9:13pm On Feb 05, 2018
EastGold:
They saved some lives.

Tramadol killed one of my inlaws last year.

A SUPOL for that matter

Did supol die in the other active service?
Re: NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol by Nizguy(m): 9:32pm On Feb 05, 2018
they should release one truck ooh cos person the fine me come from far, I need it to burst my immune system so I can last long. won't be hapi if chemist pple said its no longer in the market grin
Re: NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol by eTECTIVe(m): 9:34pm On Feb 05, 2018
AnanseK:

But you know very well who the Nigerian drug peddlers both local and international.

The have filled the prisons in Malaysia , indonesia and Thailand, waiting for the hangman.

I don’t have to mention names.

I havent heard Nigerians peddling tramadol in Indonesia , Malaysia and Thailand yet...
Re: NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol by lereinter(m): 9:38pm On Feb 05, 2018
some job require tramadol
Re: NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol by chysam: 9:41pm On Feb 05, 2018
Ayopredict:
Why seize Tram when doctor do recommend it.

NAFDAC take ur time oooo angry

I have since been looking for an ADDICT,happy to have found you.
I just completed my rehabilitation center and would like to offer you free medication and rehabilitation. I hope you can still remember your name otherwise no help.
Re: NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol by sayisayi(m): 9:49pm On Feb 05, 2018
IgboBasthard:
Biafran importers slowing killing and neutralising Aboki children with Tramadol.

Bitter Biafrans never forget.

Foolish Nigerian Aboki should have simply captured the oil and let bush dwellers of Biafra go!

See your fada! Your whole family ruined by IV tramadol injection.

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol by nathanccr(m): 10:01pm On Feb 05, 2018
mosho2good:
Pekele Pekele
I heard with one ear that some sisters are also
searching for red hijab ahead of valentine day......
Am like wetin concern c.ronaldo with the death of
dagrin
You wanna dress in red and look like fire
extinguisher, or red and black like ampicillin
capsule shioor

Likewise the so-called Islamic musicians are also
organizing ''ISLAMIC VALENTINE DAY'', am not
sure if their medular oblangta is being
infected by KURUNA
Joo nitori ti Allah iya oko mi, don't join them in
celebrating valentine day ooo, it doesn't concern
you ooo, and if you see anyone that is telling you
nothing is wrong in it, joo jare borrow the
remaining broom buhari and APC used to sweep
jonathan and PDP to sweep them away.
Make Yola students grab ur arse, u go hear am
Re: NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol by Distinguishy(m): 10:11pm On Feb 05, 2018
maxiuc:
What's the use of tramadol sef
Is better u don't know, stick to it panadol extra
Re: NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol by Distinguishy(m): 10:11pm On Feb 05, 2018
maxiuc:
Is better u don't know, stick to ur panadol extra
Re: NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol by Trump4ril: 10:31pm On Feb 05, 2018
Nepotism Smelling All Over Nigeria
===========================
"Words of Dr. Junaid Mohammed a northern ethno-religious irredentist.
“Let me say straight away that whether one calls it a cabal or a mafia or power within the presidency under Buhari, whatever you say it is; it is, and a lot worse. First, the most influential person in the presidency today is one Mamman Daura whom as you know, is a nephew of the president. His father was Buhari’s elder brother. In addition, Mamman Daura was the one who single-handedly brought up Abba Kyari, the current chief of staff to the president. In fact, Abba Kyari knows Mamman Daura more than he knows his own father.
“Next, the personal assistant to Buhari himself is the son of Mamman Daura, next is the State Chief of Protocol (SCOP), and is also a son-in-law to Mamman Daura because he is married to Mamman Daura’s daughter. Next, the minister they unilaterally chose, against the interest of the party and against the wishes of Sokoto people, happens to be the daughter of the younger sister of Mamman Daura’s wife. Both of them are daughters of Sultan Dasuki, who was sacked by General Abacha. We have the aide-de-camp to Buhari himself, Colonel Abubakar. He is married to the granddaughter of one of Buhari’s elder sisters. Next we have the woman who represents Kaduna in the Federal Executive Council, she is a cousin to Kaduna State governor, Nasir el-Rufai. It is a well known that el-Rufai is one of the closest governors to Muhammadu Buhari.
“Next, we have the Minister for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). The Minister of the FCT is the man called Musa Bello, who used to be the Managing Director of the Northern Nigeria Development Corporation, which used to be the biggest holding company that belonged to all the northern states. His only qualification to be the FCT minister is the fact that his father has been Buhari’s friend over the years. Now, there is a young man called Sabiu Yusuf, nicknamed Tunde – probably because of the late General Tunde Idiagbon. He is another PA to President Buhari. He is also a grandson of another sister of Buhari.
“This is enough to prove to you that this is shamelessly the worst form of nepotism in the history of government in Nigeria. In fact, in the history of Africa, let me make bold to assert that I have never seen any level of nepotism that has equalled or surpassed this in my entire life – I am now in my 67th year. Another thing I also want you to know is that Amina Zakari, who was and is still a national commissioner in the Independent National Electoral Commission representing the entire seven states in the North-west; it is being claimed that Buhari knows nothing about her appointment (before he became the president), it is a lie.
“When President Goodluck Jonathan was reorganising INEC and he was bringing in Prof. Attahiru Jega, he reached out to Buhari and asked him to nominate somebody from the North-west so that, that person would be a national commissioner. Of all the people in the North-west, Buhari decided to nominate his own niece, the daughter of his elder sister – Amina Zakari. She has been there; when Jega left, Buhari was determined to make her the chairman, it was because of the massive backlash that he dropped the idea like hot potatoes. As we are talking today, that woman is a national commissioner which means she is one of the principal members of the election umpire.
“Throughout my reading of history, political science and social sciences generally, I have never heard of any dictator or any tyrant under any system of government whether totalitarian or fascist, appointing his own niece to conduct elections in which he was either a party or going to be a party to; Buhari has done that. The immediate younger brother to Amina Zakari is currently the Minister for Water Resources representing Jigawa State in the same Buhari government. In addition, even though they are from Kazaure, Kazaure is contiguous to Daura. The eldest sister of both of them is now the Commissioner for Education in the All Progressives Congress government in Jigawa State. If this is not nepotism, then I don’t know what nepotism is. For somebody who had the guts and the brutal arrogance to appoint these relations, not bothered about public opinion, about the sense of justice, and about competence, then you can see that he has a very serious question to answer.”
God is watching.
Re: NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol by Trump4ril: 10:34pm On Feb 05, 2018
Absuchat:

Summarize in two words

Nigeria problem is not what you can summarize in two words.....read it all and be educated ....
Re: NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol by Ayopredict: 10:39pm On Feb 05, 2018
chysam:

I have since been looking for an ADDICT,happy to have found you.
I just completed my rehabilitation center and would like to offer you free medication and rehabilitation. I hope you can still remember your name otherwise no help.

Lol hahahaha bad guy, where do u see an ADDICT, find your customer go yaba left

Re: NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol by Absuchat(m): 10:59pm On Feb 05, 2018
Trump4ril:

Nigeria problem is not what you can summarize in two words.....read it all and be educated ....

And after being "educated" what will happen?

I will go and push Buhari out of Aso rock?

Education is also one of the numerous Nigeria problems
Re: NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol by Emeskhalifa(m): 11:19pm On Feb 05, 2018
maxiuc:
Most guys use it to delay the release of sperm
Re: NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol by autonomous22: 11:43pm On Feb 05, 2018
We need those tramadols plz...
Re: NAFDAC Seizes Two Trucks Of Tramadol by eliadekx(m): 11:51pm On Feb 05, 2018
Realsman405:
Published February 5, 2018
Eniola Akinkuotu, Abuja

The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control says it has seized two trucks laden with tramadol.

The Director-General of NAFDAC, Prof. Moji Adeyeye, disclosed this at the public launch of drug related health policies and guidelines in Abuja on Monday.

At the event tagged, ‘The National Policy for Controlled Medicines, National Guidelines for the Estimation of Psychotropic Substances and Precursors and National Minimum Standards for Drug Dependence Treatment in Nigeria’, the NAFDAC boss said the tramadol would have been sold to youths.

Adeyeye said, “Using drugs is centrally controlled or central nervous system-based which means it hits the brain immediately and it changes the user to somebody else. During the first use and second use, the brain of the user becomes very different because of dependence.

“They are no longer able to control themselves and that is where the crime, terrorism come in. Therefore, please let the word go out that drug use comes with consequences.

“Of course, we are going after the peddlers. As we speak, we just intercepted two lorries full of tramadol this morning. And where are they going? They are going to the Ajegunles of Nigeria, to the Kanos of Nigeria. Who are they targeting? Our children. Therefore, we need to all come in. It’s our business.”

The NAFDAC boss said many youths were dying of drug overdose because it was very easy for them to access addictive drugs.

She also called on the National Assembly to amend the law such that drug peddlers could be given stiffer penalties.

“There are prosecutions and there are arrests. However, personally speaking the sentences are very mild. We need stiffer sentences. There was a case in which someone was sentenced to one and a half years or a fine of N200,000. Is N200,000 enough to pay for a life?” Adeyeye said.

She said NAFDAC would be recruiting young pharmacists to visit secondary schools across the country to warn them of the repercussion of drug abuse including the misuse of prescription medicine like codeine.

http://punchng.com/nafdac-seizes-two-trucks-of-tramadol/

I wonder why NAFDAC will seize
a product that that has they registration
numbers on it

Enemies of progress every where in dis shithole

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How The Internet Helped Restore My Baby's Health / CJN Tanko Muhammad Tests Positive For COVID-19 / Senate Wants Doctors Held Responsible For Any Dead Patient

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.