Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,928 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

Ekiti 2018: So, Fayemi Was Right!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti 2018: So, Fayemi Was Right!!! (1178 Views)

Sack Of Osinbajo's Aides: Buhari Was Right After All - By Yunana Dungs / How Fayemi Was Attacked In 2014 By GEJ/PDP Led Federal Government / Ekiti APC Suspends Governorship Campaign, Says Fayemi Was Target Of Shooting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti 2018: So, Fayemi Was Right!!! by Africlegend: 10:42pm On Feb 05, 2018
So, Fayemi Was Right!!!

When Kayode was governor in Ekiti, I was only half grown. I can call up, how as a young school boy, I wanted him at the driver's seat of transactions.Oh! How I loved the polished man. He was promising afterall. His almost foreign assent was attractive. His curtsy was catchy. His exposure and conduct, I also fell to. He was simple in looks and intelligent in stature. You would think he was my Dad, I was completely in cloud nine, when he was announced governor. Did you admire Erelu like I did? Bisi was a natural beauty, wasn't she?

I fondly agree with the popular opinion that Dr. Fayemi fell short of expectations. In fact, some days before his fall, I only saw a monster in clothes. It was painful.Kayode bleeped up. But, despite my reservations on his four years, Fayemi did, at least, something right. I regret criticising his excellency for changing our motto from 'Fountain of Knowledge' to 'Land of Honour.' It was a beautiful step! The fountain had long dried up. Something terrible had happened.

Do you know, that while France ignored her Old kings and elected young Macron, president, Ekiti people were still shouting the names of their forefathers? Would you believe that the coming into sight of Saleh Ali al-Sammad, 38, in Yemen; Emil Dimitriev, 38, Macedonia; Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, 37, Bhutan; Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, 36, Qhatar; Kim Jong Un, 34, Korea and Vanessa D’Ambrosio, 29, San Marino has left Ekiti youths with nothing to grab? They still canvass for one senator who tiled some 4km road. Ekiti people still argue in favour of some former governors. Our people are still desperately licking the boots of some former ministers. Where is our knowledge then?

Ekiti Youths would still not dissociate from the Fayoses, the Fayemis and Segun Onis of our crippled economy.The citizens are still in love with the Elekas, the Adeyeyes, the Ojudus, the Olujimis, the M.O.Bs of our 10th world state. Students would still die for those, whose children have never studied outside Europe. Old politicians, of first world nations, have worked day and night to secure the future of the masses, yet, they were voted out to give room for dazzling brains. But, here, in the fountain of knowledge, It is our pleasure to retain those who have secured the future of up to their fifth generations unborn, at the expense of our decent three square meal.

I was told, how world class Scholars emerged from Ekiti in the past. I was told how Nigerians used to doff cap for our human resources. Isn't it ripe that Ekiti, fountain of knowledge, chats a new trend in Nigerian politics? Isn't it beautiful that Citizens, well read, forsake petty rewards, ignore those who have failed tests of power and provide a soft landing for young and smart brains who have volunteered to help put things in order? I know of God, who has heard the cries of the masses. I know of Tosin Ajibare, 35, who is struggling to help dethrone the demigods that we have ignorantly enthroned. I know of a movement, working tirelessly to set Ekiti youths on fire. I just can't see a willing populace, ready to make the sacrifice of their votes. I can't spot many, who would fight for what Europeans and Americans enjoy. Anyways, Fayemi was right. Ekiti is fast losing her fountain. I just hope she still has up to a bucket of knowledge.

Ayeni Faith Damilola is a writer, public speaker and eulogist. faithdamilolaayeni@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Ekiti 2018: So, Fayemi Was Right!!! by Gentle034(m): 11:18pm On Feb 05, 2018
undecided
Re: Ekiti 2018: So, Fayemi Was Right!!! by yarimo(m): 1:31am On Feb 06, 2018
FAYOSE is a disgrace to his family and ekiti state. undecided
Re: Ekiti 2018: So, Fayemi Was Right!!! by Nobody: 4:36am On Feb 06, 2018
Buhari is a disgrace to good conscience and trust...Ekiti will elect Prof Eleka

1 Like

Re: Ekiti 2018: So, Fayemi Was Right!!! by dokiOloye(m): 4:44am On Feb 06, 2018
yarimo:
FAYOSE is a disgrace to his family and ekiti state. undecided
Is that all?

1 Like

Re: Ekiti 2018: So, Fayemi Was Right!!! by Alejoas(m): 4:50am On Feb 06, 2018
Well I personally won't put Segun Oni in the same category with many of the above listed names....

He impresses me as a person and I really wish him all the best!
Re: Ekiti 2018: So, Fayemi Was Right!!! by Africlegend: 6:12am On Feb 06, 2018
Alejoas:
Well I personally won't put Segun Oni in the same category with many of the above listed names....

He impresses me as a person and I really wish him all the best!
What stands Segun Oni out?

1 Like

Re: Ekiti 2018: So, Fayemi Was Right!!! by Alejoas(m): 11:29am On Feb 06, 2018
Africlegend:
What stands Segun Oni out?

If memory serves me right, he was gentle in his ways and carry himself with some poise not common among present crop of Ekiti politicians..... He is not loud, or given to many grammar and was so gentle they nicknamed him......

The fact that he brought in expatriates physician to conduct free surgery exercise too plus his reasonable scholarship to post graduate student home and abroad.....and many others things I can't recollect offhand...... He was reported to have even left behind the security votes when he was shown the door.....not common with our politicians
Re: Ekiti 2018: So, Fayemi Was Right!!! by Africlegend: 11:47am On Feb 06, 2018
Alejoas:

If memory serves me right, he was gentle in his ways and carry himself with some poise not common among present crop of Ekiti politicians..... He is not loud, or given to many grammar and was so gentle they nicknamed him......

The fact that he brought in expatriates physician to conduct free surgery exercise too plus his reasonable scholarship to post graduate student home and abroad.....and many others things I can't recollect offhand...... He was reported to have even left behind the security votes when he was shown the door.....not common with our politicians
He has a good heart. Better still, he's a good man. He, like Jonathan, is a democrat, and, like Buhari, less corrupt. But the youths are only saying : they need a problem solver, a technocrat, a dazzling brain that can turn things around in Ekiti. We want a smart governor who would make the state stand out for prosperity

(1) (Reply)

Verily Verily I Say Unto You.. To Be A Northerner Is Very Good.. / Offa Robbery: I Will Not Honour Your Invitation, Saraki Tells Police / 2018 Top Ten Richest State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.