Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,013 members, 7,814,457 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Comprehensive List Of Documents Needed For Admission And Scholarship Application - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Comprehensive List Of Documents Needed For Admission And Scholarship Application (1716 Views)

Relocation, vacation, study abroad and scholarship gist / 2018 NDDC MSC And PHD Scholarship Application / Total Scholarship Application 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Comprehensive List Of Documents Needed For Admission And Scholarship Application by dayo229: 11:46am On Feb 06, 2018
So you have decided to study abroad and now you are thinking of what documents you need before you proceed to apply to your desired
university. Studying abroad requires one to plan
ahead of time. It isn't an easy step as many people think as there are a lot of procedures to follow. It's even a bit stressful if you are looking for some form of scholarships and it's much more tough if you are seeking admission to study in the top best 100 universities in the world. As I always tell those that email me, there is no shortcut to success except you work hard, persist and follow rules/guidelines. Well today I have gathered an elaborate information on what you need in other to secure admission and
scholarship into your desired university.

School Leaving Certificate
This is the first and most important document
needed when applying for admission. Before you
apply for admission you must have graduated or
about to graduate before admission application
deadline. For bachelor's (undergraduate)
programmes you need to have high school/
secondary school certificate. If you are applying for master's programmes you need at least a
bachelor's degree certificate and if you are going for PhD, a master's degree certificate is required.

Transcript
I would have written this with the School Leaving
Certificate as both goes hand in hand but then again not all higher institution requires it, especially when going for undergraduate studies. For those who doesn't know what a transcript is, a transcript is a detailed academic records of your marks or grades from all courses taken from your first day of school to the current/final school year. It is usually either on paper or online and often with a signature or stamp to certify it.

Passport
International passport often refer to as passport is an official document normally used for international journey and allows you an entry/passage to another country. The passport proves your identity and nationality. Almost all higher institutions require applicants to send a copy of data page of their passport. The international passport is also important to register and as a form of identification for major external test such as IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, etc.

Language Proficiency
Whether you want to study in English, French or
German many universities now requires that
applicant have a language proficiency test
certificate. For example if you want to study in
French, you must provide a proof of French
proficiency test certificate. Same applies to other
language. The most popular English proficiency test are IELTS and TOEFL. If you are planning to
studying in English I recommend you write one the test as it provide a better chance of getting
admission and even scholarships.

SAT/ACT
Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) is a
standardized test widely used for undergraduate
admission into college. The test is written all
around the world and is accepted by many higher
institutions of education most especially in the USA. Like I always tell people if you could ace SAT you stand a great chance of securing a fully funded scholarships in any country, be it USA, Canada, or Australia. Apart from SAT, American College Testing (ACT) is also widely acceptable just like SAT. You can click here for more information on SAT.

GRE/GMAT
GRE is abbreviated for Graduate Record
Examination. This standardized test is taken by
graduates and is required by most graduate schools especially in the USA and Canada. GRE provides scholarship opportunities for graduate as it is the requirement of most schools. GMAT abbreviated for Graduate Management Admission Test is a graduate test just like GRE but GMAT is for those going for management courses such as MBA, Master of Accounting, Master of Finance, etc.

Reference Letter
Reference Letter also know as Recommendation
Letter is a document in which your professor,
teacher, or employer assesses your qualities,
characteristics, and capabilities in terms ability to
perform a particular task or function. Recommendation letters are usually specifically
requested to be written about someone.

Motivation Letter
A motivation letter is a letter written to express
ones interest in a particular school, programme or country. It is a personal and formal document
explaining why you apply for a course in a particular school, where you see yourself in the next ten years or so, and what the school offers to make you achieve your goal. A motivation letter should reflect your passion about your course.

Curriculum Vitae (CV)
A CV is a brief account of a your education,
qualifications, achievements and previous
occupation. It is needed for admission to a PhD
programme. CV is usually not more than two pages.

Please note that not all higher institutions require the above documents, so be sure to check what your school requires.

Source: www.arrhemblog.com/2018/01/comprehensive-list-of-admission.html?m=1

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Comprehensive List Of Documents Needed For Admission And Scholarship Application by Placeofgold: 11:09am On Feb 20, 2018
i want to apply for canadian resident but do not know the step by step process ad what i will be needing....can someone help me with this......

thanks

(1) (Reply)

IAUE Begins HND To Degree Conversion Programme / International Msc Program In Nigeria / 2012/2013 Utme And Admission Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.