Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,576 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Lessons From Arese Ugwu's Smart Money Woman Book - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Lessons From Arese Ugwu's Smart Money Woman Book (722 Views)

Book Club: The Smart Money Woman By Arese Ugwu- Episode Two (2) / Before You Choose That Career. Lessons From Kyari's Ordeal / Women Lawyering In A Man’s World - Jennifer Ifunanya Ugwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lessons From Arese Ugwu's Smart Money Woman Book by kozamsi(f): 1:22pm On Feb 06, 2018
The first time I came across the book; “The Smart Money Woman” by Arese Ugwu, I was not particularly interested in it simply because I was getting bored of motivational books that spoke jargon. For someone like me who has little or no financial knowledge, reading the book was the least of my plans. Plus it was 5,000 naria and I wasn’t going to spend that amount of money on a book I can’t totally relate to.

My position changed however, after reading a few review online, so I decided to give reading the book a shot and I must admit that the author did justice to the topic. I just can’t begin to give the synopsis of the book but I can promise you that it’s worth the read.

Learning how to manage our finances is not something we were taught as young (female) children growing up in Nigeria. Most of our mothers were more concerned about our cooking, washing and “the other room skills” than teaching us how to be prudent with our money. Some of us even grew up seeing some women ordering the most expensive asoebi even after just complaining to their husband that there was no money for food. Only to use the money to pay for the asoebi so as to outshine her neighbours.

But as we grew older, we realised that financial literacy is much more than important if we seek financial freedom but we don’t even know how to go about it. So this is where Arese’s book came to fill in the gap.

Here are a few personal take home from the book:
1. Maximize your earning potentials
2. Savings is the key to financial freedom
3. Your network equals your net worth.
For details about this post visit https://kozdiaries./2018/01/18/smart-money-woman-rules/

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

What Will Happen To Salaries Of Workers Earning Above The New Minimum Wage / Start A Career With Darling/amigo Company / no help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.