Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over (14306 Views)

Implications Of Having Sex Inside A Car / Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? / Christmas Cow Spotted Inside A Car In Port Harcourt (Pictures, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by obafemee80(m): 2:15pm On Feb 06, 2018
[img]https:///a/img922/2774/b0sDJe.jpg[/img]

[img]https:///a/img924/7589/O93TZF.jpg[/img]

It's now illegal to hold your phone on public roads even when you're pulled over to the side of the road, whether you're blocking traffic or not as authorities are going after drivers who text or call while driving.

Road deaths have been on the rise lately in France and with nothing much else to pin it on,the high court ruling means that taking what some consider to be a safe step like pulling over to talk on the phone, could still result in points and a fine of 135 euros.

Previously, the law banned the usage of a mobile phone while "circulating in traffic", which means texting or talking on the phone is allowed when pulled over.

Rather create a new law, the ruling has clarified exactly what it means to be "circulating in traffic." Now, it's not enough to pull over and switching off the engine in order to use your phone; you have to be parked in a designated spot. When you've had an accident or breakdown, however, you are allowed to call or text.

France, a country with a well-deserved reputation for crazy driving, has introduced new laws to try to stem an accident rate that has been slowly rising after decades of steady decline. It recently reduced speed limits on two-lane roads from 90 to 80 km/h (55 to 50 mph), upsetting motorists across the country.

Do you want the Federal Government to implement this kind of laws in order to fight the menace of road accidents on Nigerian roads?

Source https://autojosh.com/now-illegal-use-phone-inside-car-france-even-pull/

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by free2ryhme: 2:16pm On Feb 06, 2018
obafemee80:
[img]https:///a/img922/2774/b0sDJe.jpg[/img]

[img]https:///a/img924/7589/O93TZF.jpg[/img]

It's now illegal to hold your phone on public roads even when you're pulled over to the side of the road, whether you're blocking traffic or not as authorities are going after drivers who text or call while driving.

Road deaths have been on the rise lately in France and with nothing much else to pin it on,the high court ruling means that taking what some consider to be a safe step like pulling over to talk on the phone, could still result in points and a fine of 135 euros.

Previously, the law banned the usage of a mobile phone while "circulating in traffic", which means texting or talking on the phone is allowed when pulled over.

Rather create a new law, the ruling has clarified exactly what it means to be "circulating in traffic." Now, it's not enough to pull over and switching off the engine in order to use your phone; you have to be parked in a designated spot. When you've had an accident or breakdown, however, you are allowed to call or text.

France, a country with a well-deserved reputation for crazy driving, has introduced new laws to try to stem an accident rate that has been slowly rising after decades of steady decline. It recently reduced speed limits on two-lane roads from 90 to 80 km/h (55 to 50 mph), upsetting motorists across the country.

Do you want the Federal Government to implement this kind of laws in order to fight the menace of road accidents on Nigerian roads?

Source https://autojosh.com/now-illegal-use-phone-inside-car-france-even-pull/

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44

Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by eleojo24: 7:13am On Feb 07, 2018
That is a country where laws work..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by Nobody: 7:13am On Feb 07, 2018
See as the person above me steal my ftc. any spirit of near success syndrome I cast and

Back to topic good countries with good future keep making good decisions.

1 Like

Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by BruncleZuma: 7:14am On Feb 07, 2018
Good development...

3 Likes

Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by fulaniHERDSman(m): 7:15am On Feb 07, 2018
grin grin cheesy
all this boys that jump keke and molue will come here now and be forming opinion

14 Likes

Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by hoygift(m): 7:15am On Feb 07, 2018
FRSC have tried their best down here but then it seems Nigerians love making you suffer for what you want to stop ,

Road safety can't even see them making those calls while driving talk more to catch them, very skillful when it comes to disobeying the law

7 Likes

Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by Duplik8t77(m): 7:15am On Feb 07, 2018
country wey value their citizens life be dat
Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by rxmusa(m): 7:16am On Feb 07, 2018
Nigeria shall have same law or even better soon since the man at the helm of affairs is a no-nonsense person with integrity and uprightness. PMB please lead this nation to greatness

Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by musawisdom(m): 7:16am On Feb 07, 2018
Not IN Nigeria
Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by Deborahj(f): 7:17am On Feb 07, 2018
It can only Happen in Nigeria �� when you will see people doing live Video on Facebook while driving.

It can only happen in Nigeria ��, Nollywood Actor and Actresses will be using Mobile phone while they are driving in the movie, this is a very bad habit and also sending a wrong message to the public, I shake my head why watching this on Nigeria film.

It can only happen in Nigeria �� only , people use only sit belts because of Traffic Officials once they pass over them they will remove it

This is enough evidence to prosecute this people with heavy fines or penalties, you will see our Nollywood people not even obeying the law while doing there yeeye movies � making phone calls while driving, the Hollywood or Bollywood of this world can never do that because they know that they are already on their way to Jail.

This is one of the reasons why Governments, especially state government and council local governments is broke they can generate alots of money by imposing heavy fines on some of this slowpoke.s who are breaking the law. I want to thank the Lagos State government for taking a bold steps on this aspect.

I would advice that the way it’s done in the United States and Europe your car plate number should be links with our Bank Account BVN, and fingerprinting,with your home address leading to having a one database system, this will help the government agency to prosecute anyone that breaks the law.

4 Likes

Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by Drbest99(m): 7:17am On Feb 07, 2018
France ba? Toh
Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by idrisolaide(m): 7:17am On Feb 07, 2018
Naija My Country!

Oh Nigeria,

Also this will never work in Nigeria.

Nigeria, We Dont Just Call or Text While Driving, We Also Surf The Internet and Do all Sort Not Considering The Pedestrian
Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by afm4ever(m): 7:18am On Feb 07, 2018
that's good
Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by Bigval5: 7:24am On Feb 07, 2018
Not in Nigeria

They are very skillful in disobeying the law grin

1 Like

Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by 12submarine(m): 7:25am On Feb 07, 2018
rxmusa:
Nigeria shall have same law or even better soon since the man at the helm of affairs is a no-nonsense person with integrity and uprightness. PMB please lead this nation to greatness
No nonsense person indeed. Is the havoc unleashed on Nigerians by his fulani brothers not nonsense enough? Why are thieves still in the cabinet of this person with integrity and uprightness?

1 Like

Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by AishaBuhari: 7:26am On Feb 07, 2018
eleojo24:
That is a country where laws work..
Absolutely...
Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by Nasir123(m): 7:26am On Feb 07, 2018
In my country.
Some so called "smart drivers' still make calls why driving. When e happen, them go say na witches cause am.

When are we going to start using our head?
Any law to preserve life,should be respected.

1 Like

Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by nairalanduseles: 7:27am On Feb 07, 2018
that is a bit overboard.....even when u pullover does not make sense....if u pull over ans have to check ur map or make an emergency call what happens
Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by 12submarine(m): 7:28am On Feb 07, 2018
nairalanduseles:
that is a bit overboard.....even when u pullover does not make sense....if u pull over ans have to check ur map or make an emergency call what happens
You get sense.
Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by Nobody: 7:35am On Feb 07, 2018
12submarine:

You get sense.
You can as well step out of that same car and do all that!!!stop acting like a typical Nigerian!!!if that same car is on fire and your phone is ringing,I am so sure you will leave that phone and sort your life first!!!
nairalanduseles:
Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by Nobody: 7:36am On Feb 07, 2018
smell lies, road accidents have been happening before advent of cellphones,
Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by maxiuc(m): 7:37am On Feb 07, 2018
Kingwizzy16:
See as the person above me steal my ftc. any spirit of near success syndrome I cast and

you cast and bind

Cement and binding wire are for sale heree
Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by Nobody: 7:37am On Feb 07, 2018
quentin06:
smell lies, road accidents have been happening before advent of cellphones,
read to understand and not to comment!!!the write up states,IT’S on an INCREASE!!!
Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by rxmusa(m): 7:37am On Feb 07, 2018
12submarine:

No nonsense person indeed. Is the havoc unleashed on Nigerians by his fulani brothers not nonsense enough? Why are thieves still in the cabinet of this person with integrity and uprightness?

Everything is a gradual process. Moreover he has put machineries in place to curb all kinds of atrocities irrespective of the perpetrators ethnicity or religion. That's true leadership
Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by 12submarine(m): 7:38am On Feb 07, 2018
rxmusa:

Everything is a gradual process. Moreover he has put machineries in place to curb all kinds of atrocities irrespective of the perpetrators ethnicity or religion. That's true leadership
How long will it take these machineries to start? After all predominantly christian ethnic groups have been killed? Stop supporting evil.
Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by Emmy3(m): 7:40am On Feb 07, 2018
I hope they also ban carrying side chick in front seat.
Nairalanders, please help a brother in need.
View the topic below for more info.
https://www.nairaland.com/4331505/urgent-need-personal-business-loan
Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by klins4213(m): 7:51am On Feb 07, 2018
Hmmmmmm. Reading articles like this makes me think...
Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by tk4rd: 7:55am On Feb 07, 2018
Habbaa.. So, Why not say "Let there not be any phones inside the car"?
Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by legendabiodun(m): 7:57am On Feb 07, 2018
Kingwizzy16:

Bros I beg no vex do u get paid for thats ... I mean d 1st to comment title u guys fight for
Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by Nobody: 7:57am On Feb 07, 2018
Benz4pimp:
read to understand and not to comment!!!the write up states,IT’S on an INCREASE!!!

you can believe what you want road accidents will be on the increase regard less of cellphones, if they really want to reduce accidents reduce the number of vehicles on the road!
Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by ibkgab001: 7:57am On Feb 07, 2018
Not gonna happen in shithole

(1) (2) (Reply)

Toyota Recreates A Le Mans Car And Its Hybrid / What Song Makes You Drive Fast? / Transparent Car By A German Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.