Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over (14319 Views)

Implications Of Having Sex Inside A Car / Is It Illegal To Repaint My Fading Vehicle Number Plates? / Christmas Cow Spotted Inside A Car In Port Harcourt (Pictures, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by nairalanduseles: 8:00am On Feb 07, 2018
Benz4pimp:
You can as well step out of that same car and do all that!!!stop acting like a typical Nigerian!!!if that same car is on fire and your phone is ringing,I am so sure you will leave that phone and sort your life first!!!

i was born in the uk and been living there all my life.......no one gets off their car to use a map......silly
Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by ibkgab001: 8:00am On Feb 07, 2018
fulaniHERDSman:
grin grin cheesy
all this boys that jump keke and molue will come here now and be forming opinion

Are you sure you are not Nnwaikmape
Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 07, 2018
obafemee80:
[img]https:///a/img922/2774/b0sDJe.jpg[/img]

[img]https:///a/img924/7589/O93TZF.jpg[/img]

It's now illegal to hold your phone on public roads even when you're pulled over to the side of the road, whether you're blocking traffic or not as authorities are going after drivers who text or call while driving.

Road deaths have been on the rise lately in France and with nothing much else to pin it on,the high court ruling means that taking what some consider to be a safe step like pulling over to talk on the phone, could still result in points and a fine of 135 euros.

Previously, the law banned the usage of a mobile phone while "circulating in traffic", which means texting or talking on the phone is allowed when pulled over.

Rather create a new law, the ruling has clarified exactly what it means to be "circulating in traffic." Now, it's not enough to pull over and switching off the engine in order to use your phone; you have to be parked in a designated spot. When you've had an accident or breakdown, however, you are allowed to call or text.

France, a country with a well-deserved reputation for crazy driving, has introduced new laws to try to stem an accident rate that has been slowly rising after decades of steady decline. It recently reduced speed limits on two-lane roads from 90 to 80 km/h (55 to 50 mph), upsetting motorists across the country.

Do you want the Federal Government to implement this kind of laws in order to fight the menace of road accidents on Nigerian roads?

Source https://autojosh.com/now-illegal-use-phone-inside-car-france-even-pull/

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44

There's no law in Nigeria.
Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by Nobody: 9:01am On Feb 07, 2018
legendabiodun:

Bros I beg no vex do u get paid for thats ... I mean d 1st to comment title u guys fight for

Yes sir, #0000000000000000000001. That's the amount
Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by Shegson12345(m): 9:11am On Feb 07, 2018
Dreamer...
rxmusa:
Nigeria shall have same law or even better soon since the man at the helm of affairs is a no-nonsense person with integrity and uprightness. PMB please lead this nation to greatness
Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by DriveByKiller: 9:17am On Feb 07, 2018
obafemee80:

Do you want the Federal Government to implement this kind of laws in order to fight the menace of road accidents on Nigerian roads?

The problem with most Nigerians is rushing to implement the white man’s laws without having the foundation of the white man.

Texting or calling while driving is not the problem to Nigerian drivers and road users. Before the government dare implement such laws, they should fix the roads to at least 40% , Yes just 40% of what France has.

People die in road accidents in Nigeria mainly due to poor roads while dodging potholes. Broken bridges, lack of road signs and warning signals have all disappeared from our roads and highways.

Let’s get our priorities right.
Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by BruzMoney(m): 9:20am On Feb 07, 2018
Deborahj:
It can only Happen in Nigeria �� when you will see people doing live Video on Facebook while driving.

It can only happen in Nigeria ��, Nollywood Actor and Actresses will be using Mobile phone while they are driving in the movie, this is a very bad habit and also sending a wrong message to the public, I shake my head why watching this on Nigeria film.

It can only happen in Nigeria �� only , people use only sit belts because of Traffic Officials once they pass over them they will remove it

This is enough evidence to prosecute this people with heavy fines or penalties, you will see our Nollywood people not even obeying the law while doing there yeeye movies � making phone calls while driving, the Hollywood or Bollywood of this world can never do that because they know that they are already on their way to Jail.

This is one of the reasons why Governments, especially state government and council local governments is broke they can generate alots of money by imposing heavy fines on some of this slowpoke.s who are breaking the law. I want to thank the Lagos State government for taking a bold steps on this aspect.

I would advice that the way it’s done in the United States and Europe your car plate number should be links with our Bank Account BVN, and fingerprinting, having a one database system.

By the year 2110, it should done
Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by Spidermon: 12:43pm On Feb 07, 2018
When person go dey drive and still dey check livescore at the same time....
Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by Konquest: 1:50pm On Feb 07, 2018
obafemee80:
[img]https:///a/img922/2774/b0sDJe.jpg[/img]

[img]https:///a/img924/7589/O93TZF.jpg[/img]

It's now illegal to hold your phone on public roads even when you're pulled over to the side of the road, whether you're blocking traffic or not as authorities are going after drivers who text or call while driving.

Road deaths have been on the rise lately in France and with nothing much else to pin it on,the high court ruling means that taking what some consider to be a safe step like pulling over to talk on the phone, could still result in points and a fine of 135 euros.

Previously, the law banned the usage of a mobile phone while "circulating in traffic", which means texting or talking on the phone is allowed when pulled over.

Rather create a new law, the ruling has clarified exactly what it means to be "circulating in traffic." Now, it's not enough to pull over and switching off the engine in order to use your phone; you have to be parked in a designated spot. When you've had an accident or breakdown, however, you are allowed to call or text.

France, a country with a well-deserved reputation for crazy driving, has introduced new laws to try to stem an accident rate that has been slowly rising after decades of steady decline. It recently reduced speed limits on two-lane roads from 90 to 80 km/h (55 to 50 mph), upsetting motorists across the country.

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44

^^^^^^
^^^^^^
Car owners should be able to use their mobile phones
when they pull over to a safe place.

It is ridiculous for the French authorities to say that you
can't use your phone when you pull over.

Some of the French-speaking African countries such
as Côte d'Ivoire in West Africa might also copy this
French law because they like cloning the French a lot.

Côte d'Ivoire though is known for traffic orderliness
and neatness... grin

When I first visited that country by air in the late 1987,
right from the Felix Houphouet Boigny Airport in Abidjan
to Hotel d'Ivoire in the Cocody district of Abidjan where
I lodged... car drivers obeyed traffic lights and it is
still the same as of 2018!
Re: Its Now Illegal To Use Your Phone Inside A Car In France,Even When You Pull Over by webngnews: 2:01pm On Feb 07, 2018
Hmmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

Toyota Recreates A Le Mans Car And Its Hybrid / Your Funny Experience Teaching Someone How To Drive / What Song Makes You Drive Fast?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.