Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Just In! Davido Accused Of Stealing Lyrics From Usher’s Song (video) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Just In! Davido Accused Of Stealing Lyrics From Usher’s Song (video) (1273 Views)

DMW Obama Spotted In Davido's Studio, Debunk Rumour Of Being Chased Out / Joy Ezenobie Dies: Video Vixen In Davido's Song, Dodo Is Dead / Caroline Danjuma Shared Photo Of Tagbo Who Alleged Died In Davido Car Last Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just In! Davido Accused Of Stealing Lyrics From Usher’s Song (video) by pattpatty(f): 7:01pm On Feb 06, 2018
The lyrical content of the trending DMW song, Mind, has been the cause of a huge conversation about the hook of the song, taken by Davido, being a copy of Usher Raymond’s 2004 hit single, Caught Up.
The controversy causing line is the, “and I’m so caught up /You got me feeling it, caught up,” which has now become popular and appreciated until the attention of Nigerians were drawn to Usher’s 2004 hit single which seems to carry the original line that Davido has been accused of borrowing, or is it stealing from.
DMW released the song, Mind, on January 31st, 2018 and it has the vocal input of Davido, Mayorkun , Dremo, Peruzzi and the music production contribution of Fresh VDM. The song is fast becoming a popular song, receiving good amount of airplay but now that the issue of copied lyrics has been raised, we wait to see how Nigerians would react to the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhm3I1iBm9Q Source: tooXclusive

Re: Just In! Davido Accused Of Stealing Lyrics From Usher’s Song (video) by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 06, 2018
Who accused him?? angry angry angry
Re: Just In! Davido Accused Of Stealing Lyrics From Usher’s Song (video) by pattpatty(f): 7:25pm On Feb 06, 2018
OceanmorganTrix:
Who accused him?? angry angry angry

watch
Re: Just In! Davido Accused Of Stealing Lyrics From Usher’s Song (video) by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 06, 2018
pattpatty:

watch

I watched it na
I am asking to see that person in person
Taekwando, tai chi and mouth breakage may be his portion this evening.

Disclaimer: I am not the person who typed all these
Re: Just In! Davido Accused Of Stealing Lyrics From Usher’s Song (video) by LieutenantBOBO: 8:40pm On Feb 06, 2018
I don't know why people keep attacking Davido because of lyrics...

That he you used Usher's hook in his song does that mean that he stole it?

One thing people don't understand about the entertainment industry, is that people can reuse other people's contents as long as they're not violating the owners copyright policy.

Have you listened to Sugar Boy's "Hola Hola" & Wiz Khalifa's "We dem boys"?

Or Ed Sheeran's "Thinking Out Loud" and Marvin Gaye's "Let Get It On"

Or "Born This Way" by Lady Gaga and Express "Yourself"by Madonna

Or even "Blurred Lines" by Robin Thicke and "Got to Give It Up" by Marvin Gaye

There are many musicians who recycle old songs without violating their copyright while some other violate em.

So it's no big deal. It just shows that the person is talented. Do you think it's easy to get the rhythm of an old song & fuse it into a new one & still vibe with it?

As long as Davido didn't violate Usher's copyright, it's all good... but if he did, then it's Usher's choice to either press charges or ignore it.
Re: Just In! Davido Accused Of Stealing Lyrics From Usher’s Song (video) by pattpatty(f): 9:36pm On Feb 06, 2018
LieutenantBOBO:
I don't know why people keep attacking Davido because of lyrics...

That he you used Usher's hook in his song does that mean that he stole it?

One thing people don't understand about the entertainment industry, is that people can reuse other people's contents as long as they're not violating the owners copyright policy.

Have you listened to Sugar Boy's "Hola Hola" & Wiz Khalifa's "We dem boys"?

Or Ed Sheeran's "Thinking Out Loud" and Marvin Gaye's "Let Get It On"

Or "Born This Way" by Lady Gaga and Express "Yourself"by Madonna

Or even "Blurred Lines" by Robin Thicke and "Got to Give It Up" by Marvin Gaye

There are many musicians who recycle old songs without violating their copyright while some other violate em.

So it's no big deal. It just shows that the person is talented. Do you think it's easy to get the rhythm of an old song & fuse it into a new one & still vibe with it?

As long as Davido didn't violate Usher's copyright, it's all good... but if he did, then it's Usher's choice to either press charges or ignore it.

Re: Just In! Davido Accused Of Stealing Lyrics From Usher’s Song (video) by franklingud(m): 10:46am On Mar 19, 2018
Wizkid accused of stealing VIP's song ''ahomka womu''.
And fusing it into ''manya''.

Sue those boys. Dem no dey hear word.

(1) (Reply)

BBNaija 2017 Winner, Efe Celebrates His Birthday Today (photos) / Gloria Bamiloye Gives Reasons Why Christian Women Should Not Wear Trousers / Singer Seyi Shay Slays In Bum Short As She Shows-off Her Twerking Skills | WATCH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.