Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

Weclome to Chicagoland - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Weclome to Chicagoland (30925 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by TOKUGAWA(m): 7:24pm On Feb 26, 2018
In the words of Mohammad Ali,when he first visited Africa(Zaire)" I'm glad my great grandfather was forced into that ship( trans Atlantic slave trade)" Bro,bondage is good for brave men o!
Bishopp007:

I love the quote too but it's meant for only brave men because there is plenty hope for someone in bondage.............

Fowl wey never die go still chop plenty corn grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by TOKUGAWA(m): 7:24pm On Feb 26, 2018
undecided
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by NONNYG: 8:04pm On Feb 26, 2018
Bishopp007:

I love the quote too but it's meant for only brave men because there is plenty hope for someone in bondage.............

Fowl wey never die go still chop plenty corn grin grin grin
lols, na if the fowl see the corn nahgrin

1 Like

Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by Bishopp007: 8:10pm On Feb 26, 2018
TOKUGAWA:
In the words of Mohammad Ali,when he first visited Africa(Zaire)" I'm glad my great grandfather was forced into that ship( trans Atlantic slave trade)" Bro,bondage is good for brave men o!

I agree with you

Nobody ever pray to die now or be in bondage but once you die all hope is gone. We have seen and read many stories of people who made it from bondage to liberty.

5 Likes

Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by Bishopp007: 8:13pm On Feb 26, 2018
NONNYG:
lols, na if the fowl see the corn nahgrin

Lol... To maintain bondage "status" over the fowl, you must keep feeding the fowl na grin
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by NONNYG: 12:36am On Feb 27, 2018
Bishopp007:

Lol... To maintain bondage "status" over the fowl, you must keep feeding the fowl na grin
starvation na bondage
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by nappyevans: 11:15am On Feb 27, 2018
I want to seek an advice on getting a student visa,I got a chance to apply for a visa through a student in Chicago he was best of student in his final based on that he was giving a chance to pick known of people to come in for his (convocation) and also want to study in the university not sure if it's (UIC) and will be issued 2years visa and I just finished my (NYSC) last year Nov 2017 in Bsc Accounting......Have heard a lot about applying for Msc but kinda shakey for their embassy Q&A
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by Bishopp007: 7:03pm On Feb 27, 2018
nappyevans:
I want to seek an advice on getting a student visa,I got a chance to apply for a visa through a student in Chicago he was best of student in his final based on that he was giving a chance to pick known of people to come in for his (convocation) and also want to study in the university not sure if it's (UIC) and will be issued 2years visa and I just finished my (NYSC) last year Nov 2017 in Bsc Accounting......Have heard a lot about applying for Msc but kinda shakey for their embassy Q&A

One of the best way to come to U.S as non immigrant is through F1 visa. I will advise you write GMAT, apply for MSC and also plan to write CPA during or after your program. You can check UIC, NEIU,NWU, Loyola e.t.c

You may find yourself living America dream after just 2 years if you know what you are doing and with baba God on your side

Kindly check other thread for how to overcome embassy Q&A.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by stonemasonn: 7:57pm On Feb 27, 2018
Bishopp007:
After so many procrastination, I finally watched Black Panther yesterday.

I Love It!
I watched it last Sunday. Quality movie, but I find the story line disappointing...I expected better.

Sambisa forest-Nigeria and the Hausa language were ably represented....kudos
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by Nobody: 2:10am On Mar 04, 2018
Bishop007,
If you don't mind my asking, do you work in Evanston?
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by Bishopp007: 1:48pm On Mar 04, 2018
MsNgo40:
Bishop007,
If you don't mind my asking, do you work in Evanston?

Nope......i work in Rogers Park very close to Evanston
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 04, 2018
Bishopp007:

Nope......i work in Rogers Park very close to Evanston

Ok....I'm familiar with Evanston... have a relative that worked out there for several years.
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by Bishopp007: 6:32pm On Mar 05, 2018
MsNgo40:

Ok....I'm familiar with Evanston... have a relative that worked out there for several years.

Evanston is one of the best city in Illinois
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by Bishopp007: 6:37pm On Mar 05, 2018
Spring season is around the corner. We have been enjoying "good" weather for few days now.

I took some pictures yesterday on my way to gym and I was on soccer field for about 30mins as well.

Can' wait for summer time grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by Nobody: 12:52am On Mar 06, 2018
Bishopp007:

Evanston is one of the best city in Illinois

Yeah...my relative loves it too....of course she's a Chi-town" gal. She likes Oak Grove as well. I had asked cause it looked like I remembered that theater...one of the times I visited. She actually goes there a lot to look at plays and movies...
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by Nobody: 12:54am On Mar 06, 2018
Bishopp007:
Spring season is around the corner. We have been enjoying "good" weather for few days now.

I took some pictures yesterday on my way to gym and I was on soccer field for about 30mins as well.

Yeah you guys actually experience all (4) seasons in depth...I really like the springtime....summer's quite warn (but I'm used to that living in the South).
Those pics are gorgeous!
Look at those clear blue skies!!
The one pic looks like Lakeshore Drive....am I correct?

1 Like

Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by Addy9: 11:04am On Mar 06, 2018
Bishopp007:

hello, I just stumbled on this forum which i must say i look forward to reading from Oga Bishop as i hope to come over to USA when am done with my NYSC next month.
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by ojdollars(m): 2:48pm On Mar 06, 2018
MsNgo40:

Yes....been there several times! I have a relative who lives there....and it is a lovely, huge city......but I must say that the snow is what will keep me from ever relocating there.
Great pics...thanks.

Hi MsNgo40, what part of the States are you located? I'm in Chi town too but TX is home for me.
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by ojdollars(m): 2:50pm On Mar 06, 2018
Bishopp007:

Bishopp007, nice job. Been in Chitown since July 2017, 20mins from Evanston too. Which side you tanda bros?

2 Likes

Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by Bishopp007: 6:09pm On Mar 06, 2018
Addy9:

hello, I just stumbled on this forum which i must say i look forward to reading from Oga Bishop as i hope to come over to USA when am done with my NYSC next month.

You can start planning now.....never too early
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by Bishopp007: 6:16pm On Mar 06, 2018
ojdollars:

Bishopp007, nice job. Been in Chitown since July 2017, 20mins from Evanston too. Which side you tanda bros?

Nice to have you here.......Hope you are enjoying Chitown weather grin

We should be very close, I live in Rogers Park, 5mins from Howard train station.

2 Likes

Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by Bishopp007: 6:19pm On Mar 06, 2018
ojdollars:

Hi MsNgo40, what part of the States are you located? I'm in Chi town too but TX is home for me.

I have friends all over TX, they told me you guys always enjoy good weather. Hope to visit TX soon

2 Likes

Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by orbis(m): 6:26pm On Mar 06, 2018
Texas weather is wack.....always damp and hot..
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by Bishopp007: 6:28pm On Mar 06, 2018
orbis:
Texas weather is wack.....always damp and hot..

I may prefer it to cold and windy weather

1 Like

Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by orbis(m): 8:55pm On Mar 06, 2018
Bishopp007:

I many prefer it to cold and windy weather
Even the damn summer with temps of 120 abi
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by Manuelmarvyy(m): 12:07am On Mar 07, 2018
Congrats Bro! I'm enjoying your story! Pls I need a help.
I'm an SDGs Activist. Over Here in my school I try to promote this SDGs. My main focus is on SDG 11 and 12. Our main objective is to push the circular Economy, Responsible consumption and to make our environment sustainable and building a better economy through waste management and recycling! I see a zero waste world with affordable and efficient clean energy for everyone. That's my long term vision.

There's a sustainability conference coming up in Switzerland for Youths who are very active in Sustainable Development Goals and I have received emails to apply. Global Changemakers Youth summit, you could search it on Google.

But before I can submit my application, I need to pay for a participant fee which is 35 USD through PayPal or American Express or MasterCard. I have tried my possible best here but I couldn't fund my PayPal account with Nigerian Credit Card.
Please could you help me Bro? I will give you the necessary details. Deadline is on 9th March 6pm CET. I really don't want to miss this opportunity.
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by ojdollars(m): 12:41am On Mar 07, 2018
Bishopp007:
All work and no play............ tongue grin

Bishopp007, where una dey play ball for Chicago? Abeg give me the address make I enter this weekend.
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by Bishopp007: 1:00am On Mar 07, 2018
orbis:

Even the damn summer with temps of 120 abi

Yes boss compare to Chitown winter -10° weather
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by Bishopp007: 2:07am On Mar 07, 2018
ojdollars:

Bishopp007, where una dey play ball for Chicago? Abeg give me the address make I enter this weekend.

1. Loyola University: 7-a-side (Indian, Japanese, Mexican, Naija)

Address: 1032 W Sheridan Rd, Chicago, IL 60660

2. Touhy Park: 11x11 ( Mexican League)

Address: 7348 N Paulina St, Chicago, IL 60626

3. Pottawattomie Park: 5-a-side (Indian, Japanese, Mexican)

Address: 7340 N Rogers Ave, Chicago, IL 60626

4. Sam's Club: 11x11 ( Naija Only) my favorite grin

Address: 2450 Main St, Evanston, IL 60202

There is another fine Mexican League on Touhy and Western but i can't remember the address now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by Bishopp007: 2:18am On Mar 07, 2018
Manuelmarvyy:
Congrats Bro! I'm enjoying your story! Pls I need a help.
I'm an SDGs Activist. Over Here in my school I try to promote this SDGs. My main focus is on SDG 11 and 12. Our main objective is to push the circular Economy, Responsible consumption and to make our environment sustainable and building a better economy through waste management and recycling! I see a zero waste world with affordable and efficient clean energy for everyone. That's my long term vision.

There's a sustainability conference coming up in Switzerland for Youths who are very active in Sustainable Development Goals and I have received emails to apply. Global Changemakers Youth summit, you could search it on Google.

But before I can submit my application, I need to pay for a participant fee which is 35 USD through PayPal or American Express or MasterCard. I have tried my possible best here but I couldn't fund my PayPal account with Nigerian Credit Card.
Please could you help me Bro? I will give you the necessary details. Deadline is on 9th March 6pm CET. I really don't want to miss this opportunity.

Okay

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Update on Anambra International Cargo Airport Terminal building (photos) / Panic As Vehicle Bursts Into Flames Near Justice Ministry In Abuja (Picture) / Picture Of Pen Cinema Bridge Nearing Completion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.