Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,857 members, 7,810,285 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

Weclome to Chicagoland - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Weclome to Chicagoland (30915 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by Bishopp007: 12:53am On Mar 15, 2018
Jugularvein:
Please I need summer job in Chicago. Keep help a guy in need.

Are you currently in Chicago ?
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by Jugularvein: 1:10am On Mar 15, 2018
Quincy....pls can you send me a mail? Sent you one but you didnt reply.
Bishopp007:

Are you currently in Chicago ?
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by lionlee216(m): 4:16am On Mar 15, 2018
Bishopp007:

Don't mind chase and capital one, their shakara too much. They denied my application too. But I have Disco, Amex and Capital one with 0 annual fee. Capital one sent approval letter later after 4months.

Credit one is good for credit builder too with $75 annual fee(mine is $25)

Pls negotiate your $75 annual fee with Credit One. Just shakara them you want to close your account, when they ask you why, tell them you can't afford $75 annual fee. Thank me later grin

Thanks bro. I will shakara them tomorrow. Capital one, amex, pnc n chase did a hard enquiry and affected my credit score sad

How much % do you spend on your credit card monthly? As for me, i tried not to exceed 30% but these days, i exceeded over 70% on my cards.
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by Bishopp007: 7:17pm On Mar 15, 2018
lionlee216:

Thanks bro. I will shakara them tomorrow. Capital one, amex, pnc n chase did a hard enquiry and affected my credit score sad

How much % do you spend on your credit card monthly? As for me, i tried not to exceed 30% but these days, i exceeded over 70% on my cards.

Hmmmm.. I once maxed out a $2k limit on my Disco card before because of financial challenges though I was enjoying 0% apr but that was a long time ago.

Your total available credit on all cards will determine your credit utilization ratio. The less you spend the higher your chances of getting good credit score.
Also, make sure your pay up on time.

Cheers!
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by ojdollars(m): 2:04am On Mar 17, 2018
MsNgo40:

Hi there,
Oh...I won't give specifics... although a few guys on this website know the state. I'm in the southern or southeastern portion of the U.S. though...a ways away from Chi-town...but closer to u.
It's like a 12-14 hour drive from Chi-town to where I live.
Every time I visit there though (so far and thank God), and depending on which airport I'm flying from, I take a direct flight (no stops) and it takes no more than 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours...
Who doesn't love Texas? I wouldn't mind living there...heard it's nice. ... smiley

Oh yes it's very nice in Texas. Easy living.. holla at me anytime you plan to visit.
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by ojdollars(m): 2:05am On Mar 17, 2018
Bishopp007:

I have friends all over TX, they told me you guys always enjoy good weather. Hope to visit TX soon

Yes ooh with the exception of hurricanes and flooding sometimes.
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by ojdollars(m): 2:08am On Mar 17, 2018
Bishopp007:

Nice to have you here.......Hope you are enjoying Chitown weather grin

We should be very close, I live in Rogers Park, 5mins from Howard train station.

@Bishopp007 the Cold almost change my living, my neighborhood gets cleaned up like every minute so the after snow effect is less likely. Yes we are like 24mins apart, I just look am up. Shoot me a PM now, I will send you my Digit for a connect.
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by Bishopp007: 6:49pm On Mar 17, 2018
ojdollars:

Oh yes it's very nice in Texas. Easy living.. holla at me anytime you plan to visit.

Thanks!
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by Bishopp007: 6:53pm On Mar 17, 2018
ojdollars:

@Bishopp007 the Cold almost change my living, my neighborhood gets cleaned up like every minute so the after snow effect is less likely. Yes we are like 24mins apart, I just look am up. Shoot me a PM now, I will send you my Digit for a connect.

That's Chitown weather for you oooo.... Sun will be up and you will be feeling cold grin

I will PM you later today or tomorrow.....I'm enjoying Saint Patrick's Day right now @ Link Staproom around Wicker Park.

More pics later.....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by stonemasonn: 8:19pm On Mar 17, 2018
The water is green or is it the camera...or something..

1 Like

Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by ojdollars(m): 8:53pm On Mar 17, 2018
stonemasonn:

Yes ooh bros, it's called Oyibo Magic. We should do something like this for Nigerian Independence day. Not sure how they turned the water into green, it looks cool.
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by ojdollars(m): 8:54pm On Mar 17, 2018
Bishopp007:

That's Chitown weather for you oooo.... Sun will be up and you will be feeling cold grin

I will PM you later today or tomorrow.....I'm enjoying Saint Patrick's Day right now @ Link Staproom around Wicker Park.

More pics later.....

Oh Nice. Is St.Patricks day this weekend? I heard about it on the Radio driving but wasn't sure what day. I hardly follow up with this events sometimes. Okay, I will be looking out for your PM to link up soon.
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by paulbets: 10:19pm On Mar 22, 2018
Hello Sir Bishopp007.
This your thread is just at the right time for me. Regarding Rogers Park and possible assistance you could render to me, please I need to pm you.
Thank you boss!
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by Bishopp007: 11:24pm On Mar 22, 2018
stonemasonn:

They dye the water with Orange powder. Kindly check the link below for better explanation.

It was fun!

http://mentalfloss.com/article/62220/what-do-they-use-dye-chicago-river-green-st-patricks-day
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by Bishopp007: 11:25pm On Mar 22, 2018
ojdollars:

Yes ooh bros, it's called Oyibo Magic. We should do something like this for Nigerian Independence day. Not sure how they turned the water into green, it looks cool.

I was there but don't really understand the process as JJC grin grin grin

http://mentalfloss.com/article/62220/what-do-they-use-dye-chicago-river-green-st-patricks-day
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by Bishopp007: 11:25pm On Mar 22, 2018
paulbets:
Hello Sir Bishopp007.
This your thread is just at the right time for me. Regarding Rogers Park and possible assistance you could render to me, please I need to pm you.
Thank you boss!

Unfortunately I don't reply to pm anymore bro. Are you in Chitown ?
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by paulbets: 12:05am On Mar 23, 2018
Bishopp007:

Unfortunately I don't reply to pm anymore bro. Are you in Chitown ?
Oh wow!!..
Alright bro thanks all the same.
No am not
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by pmax(m): 3:46pm On Mar 24, 2018
What about someone who wants to go for a second interview at the embassy for an F1 visa, can I seek for advice here?
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by Addy9: 10:06am On Mar 25, 2018
thanks, I'll be glad if you can put me through the planning process.
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by richybanky(m): 4:16pm On Mar 25, 2018
Bishopp007:

Thanks for your observation, I really appreciate. One thing I know for sure is you can get job here in the U.S with your Naija certificate but it may be just $35k to start with and you may be required to write one or two exam.

I have a very good friend here who is making about $65k working in Real Estate company with Naija certificate. His first contract was $25k I think.
I have replied to several emaisl and phone calls since I started this thread but people are taking it for granted.

There are several things you can do here with Naija certificate e.g Insurance, Real Estate, Salesforce and AWS will cost about $500 - $600 to learn.

Lastly, you don't necessarily need student loan to get your master degree here if your are hard working.
Thanks for dis info bro, pls my question is can someone who enter d state wit business visa also go for his masters?

1 Like

Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by lionlee216(m): 2:50am On Mar 26, 2018
Bishopp007:

If you can imagine it, you can achieve it!

I love this quote so much

2 Likes

Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 2:55am On Mar 26, 2018
ojdollars:

Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by ojdollars(m): 6:02am On Mar 26, 2018
Bishopp007:

I was there but don't really understand the process as JJC grin grin grin

http://mentalfloss.com/article/62220/what-do-they-use-dye-chicagok-river-green-st-patricks-day

Bishop, you didn't reply back?
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by eldee365: 10:53am On Mar 26, 2018
pmax:
What about someone who wants to go for a second interview at the embassy for an F1 visa, can I seek for advice here?
Seek for your advice here

https://www.nairaland.com/4225931/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part/171
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by Bishopp007: 10:33pm On Mar 26, 2018
richybanky:

Thanks for dis info bro, pls my question is can someone who enter d state wit business visa also go for his masters?

You can visit the school of your interest and make necessary enquiry during your business trip.
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by Bishopp007: 10:34pm On Mar 26, 2018
ojdollars:

Bishop, you didn't reply back?

check your email grin grin grin
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by richybanky(m): 12:52am On Mar 27, 2018
Bishopp007:

You can visit the school of your interest and make necessary enquiry during your business trip.
Thanks sir, I really appreciate
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by lionlee216(m): 1:34am On Mar 28, 2018
So a friend on vacation in chicago got robbed at gunpoint.

He went out arround 4am to do something and he was approached by this two guys with gun taking his money and phone right in his street

Pls if you are living in chicago, also know some parts are very dangerous to walk(assume chicago is dangerous to be safe) during odd hours. He was even asking me if they had toy guns or if they can shot him for real if he resisted.

Be cautious of your environment
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by Bishopp007: 5:42pm On Mar 28, 2018
lionlee216:
So a friend on vacation in chicago got robbed at gunpoint.

He went out arround 4am to do something and he was approached by this two guys with gun taking his money and phone right in his street

Pls if you are living in chicago, also know some parts are very dangerous to walk(assume chicago is dangerous to be safe) during odd hours. He was even asking me if they had toy guns or if they can shot him for real if he resisted.

Be cautious of your environment

Chitown may not be 100% safe sometimes most especially West and South side (Fuller Park in particular).

Like every other big cites around the world, there will always be that particular neighborhood with high crime rate.

I live and work in North side which is a little bit expensive but no single crime since I have been in here.

You will pay between $900 - $1500 for good 1bed/2 beds to live around here unlike in South/West where you can get 3beds for just $600.

Tell your friend to relocate if possible because he many witness another robbery very soon.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by Bishopp007: 7:38pm On Mar 30, 2018
How they celebrate Good Friday in Chicago......

2 Likes

Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by CastedAyo: 8:11pm On Mar 30, 2018
Wow
Re: Weclome to Chicagoland by Nobody: 10:59pm On Mar 30, 2018
Bishopp007:

Chitown may not be 100% safe sometimes most especially West and South side (Fuller Park in particular).

Like every other big cites around the world, there will always be that particular neighborhood with high crime rate.

I live and work in North side which is a little bit expensive but no single crime since I have been in here.

You will pay between $900 - $1500 for good 1bed/2 beds to live around here unlike in South/West where you can get 3beds for just $600.

Tell your friend to relocate if possible because he many witness another robbery very soon.

Cheers!

AT the bolded, you are correct. Chit-town gets an unusually bad rapin the national news though ...but that's probably because of people disliking Obama when he was president during those 8 years.
Lots of Africans live on the North Side also.
The South Side is bad, but what about U of C...which is kinda located on the South Side right?
Aren't certain parts of Hyde Park considered on the South Side?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lagos Commissions Modern Lay By At Ketu (Photos) / 23-year-old Zambian Pilot Fulfills Dream Of Flying Parents / Update on Anambra International Cargo Airport Terminal building (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.