Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Non Religious Believers in god Come Here - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Non Religious Believers in god Come Here (5802 Views)

Seeing Visions Of Believers In Hell - Prince Gabriel Okocha / 'Laughing' Church Banner In Calabar By Believers' Right Ministry (Photo) / Believers In Hell - Jack Kelley (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by urahara(m): 12:13am On Feb 07, 2018
What are your reasons for believing in god?
Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by Nygma(m): 1:23am On Feb 07, 2018
Because the universe is too complex to be a mistake

5 Likes

Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by urahara(m): 7:57am On Feb 07, 2018
Nygma:

But isn't god to complex to be a mistake as well

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by DeSepiero(m): 8:38am On Feb 07, 2018
urahara:

I remotely believe there's something yet, the conventional definition of God doesn't fit.
Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by hopefulLandlord: 8:45am On Feb 07, 2018
Nygma:

how simple does a universe have to be to be regarded as a "mistake"?
Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by Nygma(m): 11:15am On Feb 07, 2018
urahara:

God is an ideology developed by men

1 Like

Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by Nygma(m): 11:17am On Feb 07, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

how simple does a universe have to be to be regarded as a "mistake"?
There is but one universe
Look around you or even into yourself,the fact that you exist cannot be a mistake.
I believe there is a God that created this universe but not the one them Christians are talking about

2 Likes

Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by hopefulLandlord: 11:30am On Feb 07, 2018
Nygma:

There is but one universe
Look around you or even into yourself,the fact that you exist cannot be a mistake.
I believe there is a God that created this universe but not the one them Christians are talking about

you didn't answer my question sir

If there's only one, what makes you conclude its designed if you have no idea what an undesigned one would/should look like?

4 Likes

Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by brightpre(m): 11:43am On Feb 07, 2018
I just have the feeling that there is a God,but not the one religion portrayed,the universe is just at the perfect place ,why do we even exist self,we are here for a reason and I still have a feeling that an advanced colony has existed before us.

1 Like

Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by vaxx: 11:56am On Feb 07, 2018
urahara:
What are your reasons for believing in god?
What are your reasons for not believing in GOD?

3 Likes

Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by adepeter2027(m): 12:56pm On Feb 07, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

If there's only one, what makes you conclude its designed if you have no idea what an undesigned one would/should look like?
LoL

Best way to hook them
Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by Nygma(m): 1:09pm On Feb 07, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Point of correction,there is only one universe and I am proof that it was designed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by hopefulLandlord: 1:13pm On Feb 07, 2018
Nygma:

Point of correction,there is only one universe and I am proof that it was designed

How are you proof it was designed? what would you have looked like if the universe isn't designed?

1 Like

Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by adepeter2027(m): 1:19pm On Feb 07, 2018
Nygma:

Like serious? One universe? Have you have of multiverse?

you making a claim that ya existence connotes design but what can you say about earthquake, tsunamis and etc - do these point to design?

Anyways, can you pls tell us how an undesigned universe looks like?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by Nygma(m): 1:21pm On Feb 07, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

How are you proof it was designed? what would you have looked like if the universe isn't designed?
The processes in life are more than enough examples

3 Likes

Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by adepeter2027(m): 1:22pm On Feb 07, 2018
Nygma:

The processes in life are more than enough examples
. Like earthquake, tsunamis, virions, radiation,?

2 Likes

Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by butterflyl1on: 1:29pm On Feb 07, 2018
adepeter2027:

Like serious? One universe? Have you have of multiverse?

you making a claim that ya existence connotes design but what can you say about earthquake, tsunamis and etc - do these point to design?

Anyways, can you pls tell us how an undesigned universe looks like?

There is nothing like a multiverse. It's someones imagination (and you have bought into it) yet you claim the religious worship an imagination grin

Multiverse hypothesis is science fiction. Stop throwing it around.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by adepeter2027(m): 1:33pm On Feb 07, 2018
butterflyl1on:

There is nothing like a multiverse. It's someones imagination (and you have bought into it) yet you claim the religious worship an imagination grin

Multiverse hypothesis is science fiction. Stop throwing it around.
Chai

I weak
Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by butterflyl1on: 1:33pm On Feb 07, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

What makes you conclude this one WASN'T designed if you have no idea what a designed universe looks like and cannot even recognise one if it sits in front of you eating akara?

You simply argue for lack of anything Intelligent to say. For you it's any argument even when your own argument can be turned on its head.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by butterflyl1on: 1:35pm On Feb 07, 2018
adepeter2027:

Chai

I weak

If you like grow weaker. The multiverse HYPOTHESIS is simply a HYPOTHESIS. It is no scientific fact. It is science fiction as it CANNOT AND WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO BE PROVEN.

let that sink in.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by Nygma(m): 1:36pm On Feb 07, 2018
adepeter2027:
Lemme give your an example
Your phone was made in a factory and it should be perfect right?
But over sometime it begins to develop faults such reduced battery capacity,at times the screen may get scratched. That is how the universe is too
Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by Nygma(m): 1:37pm On Feb 07, 2018
butterflyl1on:

If you like grow weaker. The multiverse HYPOTHESIS is simply a HYPOTHESIS. It is no scientific fact. It is science fiction as it CANNOT AND WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO BE PROVEN.

let that sink in.
Correct as hell

1 Like

Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by adepeter2027(m): 1:38pm On Feb 07, 2018
butterflyl1on:

let that sink in.
Is that all or Still remaining?

1 Like

Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by butterflyl1on: 1:43pm On Feb 07, 2018
adepeter2027:

Still remaining?

The fact that you are countering a credible argument with science fiction and an assumption being thrown around by some scientists just to sound credible is simply pathetic.

As far as science knows and can conclusively declare, there is ONLY ONE OBSERVABLE UNVIVERSE AND WE ARE IN THAT OBSERVABLE UNIVERSE.

science is based on observable evidence and the multiverse hypothesis is an imaginary explanation which is an attempt to explain why and how our observable universe is so very well fine tuned.

Of course the way our universe works so well is still a huge mystery to science buffs so being at their wits end they now decided to IMAGINE an explanation and not OBSERVE an explanation. I hope you can get the difference.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by adepeter2027(m): 1:44pm On Feb 07, 2018
Nygma:

Lemme give your an example
Your phone was made in a factory and it should be perfect right?

But over sometime it begins to develop faults such reduced battery capacity,at times the screen may get scratched. That is how the universe is too
But the manufacturers never claimed to be a perfect designer and God. Do they?

2 Likes

Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by Nygma(m): 1:48pm On Feb 07, 2018
adepeter2027:

But the manufacturers never claimed to be a perfect designer and God. Do they?
What he made was perfect but it has been corrupted by beings which in turn causes the natural disasters

1 Like

Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by adepeter2027(m): 1:49pm On Feb 07, 2018
butterflyl1on:

The fact that you are countering a credible argument with science fiction and an assumption being thrown around by some scientists just to sound credible is simply pathetic.

As far as science knows and can conclusively declare, there is ONLY ONE OBSERVABLE UNVIVERSE AND WE ARE IN THAT OBSERVABLE UNIVERSE.

science is based on observable evidence and the multiverse hypothesis is an imaginary explanation which is an attempt to explain why and how our observable universe is so very well fine tuned.

Of course the way our universe works so well is still a huge mystery to science buffs so being at their wits end they now decided to IMAGINE an explanation and not OBSERVE an explanation. I hope you can get the difference.
still remaining?

1 Like

Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by butterflyl1on: 1:53pm On Feb 07, 2018
adepeter2027:

I believe I have touched on earthquakes and tsunamis before on nairaland so won't bother with those.

Regarding virions I don't think you are asking the right question.

You should rather be concerned about the origin of virions and viruses (which incidentally ARE ALIVE) . If this universe was not DELIBERATELY DESIGNED the way it is how can you explain the source of the life in viruses and why virions would exist specifically because of viruses?

1 Like

Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by hopefulLandlord: 1:56pm On Feb 07, 2018
Nygma:

What he made was perfect but it has been corrupted by beings which in turn causes the natural disasters

so you're a deist that thinks the creator designed a perfect universe only for other beings to cause natural disaster?

1 Like

Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by adepeter2027(m): 1:57pm On Feb 07, 2018
did they claim to be perfect designer or God?
Nygma:

this furthers attest that God isn't a perfect designer.

3 Likes

Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by butterflyl1on: 1:58pm On Feb 07, 2018
Adepeter I also thank God for radiation. You know why? If radiation did not exist (be it bad) we would not have been able to apply them for good uses in medicine, agriculture, sterilisation and irradiation, industry and agriculture and our homes.

It is because it was there to begin with that made us realise its benefits to humanity as well. Frankly speaking, radiation has saved far more lives than taken them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Non Religious Believers in god Come Here by Omudia11: 1:59pm On Feb 07, 2018
That nigga has nothing sensible to say so he resorts to being intentionally irrational.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

WHO IS JESUS? / Is This The Question That Created Atheism? / Society And Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.