Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:34 AM

Atheist Principles! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Principles! (389 Views)

Tithes And Offerings Are Eternal Principles / What created God ? A Response To Atheist Question / Atheist Come Here And Reason With African Traditional Faithful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Atheist Principles! by budaatum: 3:59am On Feb 07, 2018
Humans have fabricated religion

* Most religious texts are flawed and as fallible as the humans who wrote them. They must be criticised, challenged and, where appropriate, satirised or denounced.

* Religious organizations and communities must not receive privileges and immunities, such as tax benefits and protection from criticism or satire, which are denied to the non-religious population.

* Religious beliefs do not exist in isolation but are propagated from one person to another.

* All religion is a lie since it is based on a false premise – God or gods exist. All believers are victims of this lie.

* Almost all atheists are agnostics, almost all agnostics are atheists.

God or gods do not exist

* Concepts of gods are myths created by humans.

* There are not two separate realms (the natural and the supernatural), but one (the natural).

* All gods are myths and lies.

Morality develops independently of religion

* There is no divine moral authority.

* Although atheism is not in itself a source of morality, it frees morality from corruption by religion.

* The religious inculcation and indoctrination of children corrupt their morality. Children are not born with any religious beliefs or affiliations; these are imposed.

Religion inhibits rational thought

* Religion is based on irrationality, superstition and unsubstantiated beliefs.

* All Religions encourage and perpetuate prejudice, ignorance and intolerance.

* Religion inhibits critical thinking, discourages scientific enquiry and restricts human progress.

* Religions don’t generally deserve any respect.

* All Religions are scams and a con game.

* Don’t let ‘I’m offended by your words’ stop you from telling the truth about religion and don’t say ‘sorry’ when people are offended by your words.

* Don’t let religious laws (cf. pictures of prophets) limit your freedom of expression since they have no authority over the non-religious.

* Religion is not just incorrect, it is malevolent, it ruins lives, splits families, and justifies hatred and bigotry – whilst claiming to be the source of morality. People die due to religion.

* Religion poisons everything. That is literally true when we consider the mind it infects. It makes good people do bad things, whilst thinking they are doing good, effectively turning good people into bad people, at least sometimes.

* Religion deserves to die.

Borrowed from Atheism UK

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheist Principles! by budaatum: 4:03am On Feb 07, 2018
Our position on faith is as follows:

Firstly, the term ‘faith’ needs some clarification as it is an everyday word that has several meanings depending on the context in which it is used. The following two main dictionary definitions are given as examples of common usage and understanding:

1. Complete trust or confidence in someone or something: this restores one’s faith in politicians.

2. Strong belief in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

The New Oxford Dictionary of English.

Atheism is solely concerned with religious faith as described in definition 2 above.

Faith is belief without evidence. Particularly in a religious context, it can be belief despite evidence to the contrary. An example of this is faith that God created all life on Earth no more than 6,ooo years ago (Creationism), despite the overwhelming scientific evidence for evolution and natural selection.

Evidence can be scientifically investigated, supported or refuted. Faith through religious indoctrination or ‘spiritual apprehension’ does not, by its very nature, provide any credible evidence to investigate.

Religious apologists often use faith as evidence for their theistic claims (sometimes referred to as the ‘argument from faith’). This is meaningless. Faith, by its very nature, provides no evidence whatever and exists solely in the mind of the believer.

Atheism’s ultimate goal is the end of religious faith – the false and irrational belief that God exists – and of religion, the social manifestation of faith.
Re: Atheist Principles! by budaatum: 6:50pm On Mar 24, 2021
Humans have fabricated religion

* Most religious texts are flawed and as fallible as the humans who wrote them. They must be criticised, challenged and, where appropriate, satirised or denounced.
And understood. Since they show our very own human development and evolution.

* Religious beliefs do not exist in isolation but are propagated from one person to another.
As in, religious beliefs are taught, which, if you think of it, is much better for human progress than each person in every generation, inventing the wheel from scratch.

* All religion is a lie since it is based on a false premise – God or gods exist. All believers are victims of this lie.
This is like claimimg a Superseded theory in science is a lie instead of understanding how it contributed to current understanding. The only error is in believing and not seeking further knowledge and understandings.

* Almost all atheists are agnostics, almost all agnostics are atheists.
Translation
Atheists don't know what they are talking about!

I must say that I do not agree with this statement since not all atheists are agnostics, but if it is true, should the agnostic atheists not just shut the fuq up and learn so they know instead of believing like theists do?

God or gods do not exist

* Concepts of gods are myths created by humans.

* There are not two separate realms (the natural and the supernatural), but one (the natural).

* All gods are myths and lies.
Gods do exist in the imagination of those in whom they are created! And myths are not lies but teaching tools like stories of the tortoise and the hare which are in the fiction realm and understood in the real realm.

Morality develops independently of religion
Morality actually begins with please and thank you, and unless you now want to claim you learnt please and thank you in isolation and did not have it propagated from one person to you, then I am glad you were religionised to say please and thank you or you just might lawlessly grab what you want!

* There is no divine moral authority.
I agree, there is no divine moral authority. Just that Time, an ancient deified quantity, has imposed morality on us and we have determined to religiously teach it through time.

* Although atheism is not in itself a source of morality, it frees morality from corruption by religion.
Love the words, "not in your itself".

Fact is, humans are the source of morality, as well as Gods and religion and how we perceive things and our corrupting nature, and blaming religion for corruption is like blaming a gun for killing.

* The religious inculcation and indoctrination of children corrupt their morality. Children are not born with any religious beliefs or affiliations; these are imposed.
No it does not! There are many corrupt people on Nairaland who's corruption can not be blamed on their religious indoctrinationquotefact, if religious indoctrination did what is claimed here, Nairaland would not have a single corrupt person on it nor a post about tits and sex since our religious indoctrination abhors these things! We definitely would not steal or covet or be redphills or pigs!

Religion simply makes us know what is right or wrong, but it is not responsible for our choice in either, and in the end we are what we are despite our religion and will steal and lie and cheat or love one another regardless of our religion or not, though religion does awaken our consciousness to our choice and its consequences.

And yes. Pickles!

Religion inhibits rational thought
Belief is what inhibits rational thought. One can be religious and still use one's brain!

There are in fact some on here whom if placed in the Garden of Eden, would, as a matter of course, only eat of the Fruit of the Knowledge of Good and Evil so their eyes may open and they be free instead of believing they will surely die on the day that they eat. We are not all unscientific, doh!

* Religion is based on irrationality, superstition and unsubstantiated beliefs.
This is based on a common error, but the truth is that Religion is not belief! Some just refuse to grow up.

* All Religions encourage and perpetuate prejudice, ignorance and intolerance.
Now, how can anyone who has read the "thou shalt nots" and "love your neighbours and your enemies moreso even after they have slapped your cheek 7 times 70 times", say the above unless one is looking at the religious instead of reading the religion's text oneself to learn about the lordists.

* Religion inhibits critical thinking, discourages scientific enquiry and restricts human progress.
Religion, as in, teaching, in general, does not "inhibits critical thinking, discourages scientific enquiry and restricts human progress". It is belief that does this, what Paul would call the thinking of a child and the reasoning like a child. The intention is that as you grow and your mind develops you begin to "critical thinking, scientific enquiry and progress", or do you not know the meaning of ask and see and knock with all your heart and soul and mind and being?

* Religions don’t generally deserve any respect.
Indeed religions do not deserve respect, for it is written, "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments".

Religions should simply be understood for what they are and teach.

* All Religions are scams and a con game.
So, if I teach you that only through learning to read will you have a productive life, or love one another, or say please and thank you, I am a con and scamming you?

* Don’t let ‘I’m offended by your words’ stop you from telling the truth about religion and don’t say ‘sorry’ when people are offended by your words.
Problem is, like religious people, your understanding is the truth and everyone else's is the untruth. How about we learn to disrespectfully disagree instead? Might we not learn and evolve?

Still, say what you will. buda will live.

* Don’t let religious laws (cf. pictures of prophets) limit your freedom of expression since they have no authority over the non-religious.
Now you are just being dishonest! When did pictures of prophets become laws outside France and Saudi Arabia. Do people on the street make the laws these days? Well, listen carefully!

Fuq your Gods!

Now live like buda lives.

* Religion is not just incorrect, it is malevolent, it ruins lives, splits families, and justifies hatred and bigotry – whilst claiming to be the source of morality. People die due to religion.
The further down we get, the more stupid this is becoming, lol. Did someone tell you boko haram is a religion?

Religion is simply the teaching method, and not the content of the religion, as in it's understanding, or misunderstanding, as the case often is. And religion does not kill, ignorance does the killing. Or show me a religion that does not have "Thou shalt not kill", and "love one another" so we can destroy it and its adherents together!

* Religion poisons everything. That is literally true when we consider the mind it infects. It makes good people do bad things, whilst thinking they are doing good, effectively turning good people into bad people, at least sometimes.

* Religion deserves to die.
Not true! Religion is not responsible for my stupidity and my ignorance just as medical training was not responsible for Harold Shipman.

If I shoot you dead with my shakabula, you will not blame my shakabula nor my Gods and you will not imprison my religion or my shakabula nor my Gods for my crime of murder!

Still, religion will indeed evolve, and your killing it is just a part of fulfiling the prophecy. For “[url=https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+3%3A3&version=ESV]Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one dies and is born again one cannot see the kingdom of God[/url].”

You just remember now, or shall I say, understand, that "The Kingdom of God is not "Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the Kingdom of God is within you".

(1) (Reply)

Why People Should Not Pay Tithes To Churches. / RCCG Popular Pastor, Dele Taiwo Welcomes First Child / Rhapsody Of Realities Dev. Feb. 25th, The Lord Is Your Extraordinary Strategist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.