Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,425 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

Why Do Christians Or Moslems Quote Their Religious Books In A Random Pattern? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christians Or Moslems Quote Their Religious Books In A Random Pattern? (332 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen: Adeboye Disowns ‘Prayer Points’ Against Fulani Moslems / Why Some Are Scared of Becoming Born Again Christians Or Going To Heaven / Why Do Nigerian Motorists Keep Religious Books On Their Dashboards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Christians Or Moslems Quote Their Religious Books In A Random Pattern? by LeiderJa: 4:52am On Feb 07, 2018
I've noticed that if a Christian or Muslim is trying to make a point, they tend to quote different and unconnected parts of their holy books and sometimes when you go to read, you'll realize that the Chapter of the specific passage quoted doesn't fit the context of the argument in any fashion.

An example: I had this argument about drinking alcohol with a guy and he as usual combined Proverbs with Revelations like Egusi and Stew.

Below is an excerpt from the chat:

"Proverbs:31.4
It is not for kings, O Lemuel-- not for kings to drink wine, not for rulers to crave for beer.

So long as u believe in the finished works of Christ whether you like it not you are redeemed a king.

Revelation 5:10
He has made us kings and priests unto our God to reign here on earth."

I was disappointed when he argued the suggestion that alcohol is not for kings because we are kings and further supplemented it with a passage from the blue about kingship.

I was further disappointed when I read and realized that the whole chapter was out of point and even supported alcohol consumption.

Please we should start arguing rationally and not mixing concoctions to push our narrative, I'm sure no one will like to see people pulling one liners from different journals.

Adios.

(1) (Reply)

Assemblies Of God Pastor Drags Lawyer To NBA, AGF / Pope Voices Sorrow For Devastating School Attack / The Secret: The 5 Psalms For People Who Struggle With Anxiety

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.