Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,485 members, 7,830,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

33-Year-Old Ibarakumo Otobotekere Appointed As Commissioner In Bayelsa (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 33-Year-Old Ibarakumo Otobotekere Appointed As Commissioner In Bayelsa (Photos) (27408 Views)

Diezani Allison-Madueke Is A Commissioner In Dominican Republic / Protest As Makinde Nominates Seun Fakorede As Commissioner For Youth & Sports / Africanus Noel, N 14-Year-Old Becomes Commissioner In Bayelsa. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 33-Year-Old Ibarakumo Otobotekere Appointed As Commissioner In Bayelsa (Photos) by joenor(m): 8:41am On Feb 07, 2018
Nice one.. But he never enter office beer don dey take place... Nor use their money buy beer ooo
Re: 33-Year-Old Ibarakumo Otobotekere Appointed As Commissioner In Bayelsa (Photos) by ucheHapers(m): 8:42am On Feb 07, 2018
Commissioner of the beer bottles
Re: 33-Year-Old Ibarakumo Otobotekere Appointed As Commissioner In Bayelsa (Photos) by shankara7: 8:42am On Feb 07, 2018
Homeboiy:
When will he appoint a 24yrs old

34yrs and still an undergraduate undecided
Do you think running the affairs of a government MDA is for kids?
Re: 33-Year-Old Ibarakumo Otobotekere Appointed As Commissioner In Bayelsa (Photos) by Nobody: 8:44am On Feb 07, 2018
Angelanest:
There is a wild jubilation in Bayelsa state as the Gov. Henry Seriake Dickson, appointed a 33-year-old Ibarakumo otobotekere, from Tombia community, Ekpetiama clan, Bayelsa state, as Youth commissioner.

He is currently in the race for the chairmanship of Yenagoa capital city.

He is 33 years of age and was born 27th May 1984, and a student of political science from Imo State University...

The Jubilation began after the screening of the commissioner nominee by the Bayelsa State House of Assembly.

Ibarakumo Otobo would be the youngest man to serve in the Bayelsa State Executive council.

He is also the Chairman of Bayelsa state volunteers, a youth network set up by the government to provide employment opportunities for our teeming youths.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/02/33years-old-ibarakumo-otobotekere-appointed-as-commissioner-in-bayelsa-state.html
I see the young man's surrounded by 10+ older people so what's going to be difference
Re: 33-Year-Old Ibarakumo Otobotekere Appointed As Commissioner In Bayelsa (Photos) by excomarow(m): 8:44am On Feb 07, 2018
derespect:
Good development.
He should represent the youth well.
He should not follow the footsteps of Pius Anyim, Yahaya Bello and Dimeji Bankole who have shown that Nigerian youths should not be given any opportunity cos they will misuse it.
If he serves well, I see him as a big figure that will rewrite the history of the Nigerian youths in politics

Well, i hope this young man will not be discharging his duties under the influence of kai-kai like GEJ did grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 33-Year-Old Ibarakumo Otobotekere Appointed As Commissioner In Bayelsa (Photos) by Kobicove(m): 8:56am On Feb 07, 2018
ZombiePUNISHER:

Where in the write Up did you read he has enemies

Every Nigerian has enemies...both real and imagined grin
Re: 33-Year-Old Ibarakumo Otobotekere Appointed As Commissioner In Bayelsa (Photos) by Ogbobesinachi(m): 9:04am On Feb 07, 2018
Very good development Congrats Man
Re: 33-Year-Old Ibarakumo Otobotekere Appointed As Commissioner In Bayelsa (Photos) by Nobody: 9:09am On Feb 07, 2018
I hope he handles his position well because i have seen many like him gone astray so quickly. IMHO, the average Nigeria youth is not ready for a political adventure hence, the reason 'senior citizens' continue to lord it over them.
Go get your PVC ready, research about your candidates, dont make the mistake of voting on sentiments. You decide your future and the future of the nation asap your vote is cast.
Zombie and Wailers please have rethink!
Re: 33-Year-Old Ibarakumo Otobotekere Appointed As Commissioner In Bayelsa (Photos) by PHtradeCenter: 9:14am On Feb 07, 2018
I see Parkins in the pics, surely going to be a "Vikings" things.... Congrats to the young man
Re: 33-Year-Old Ibarakumo Otobotekere Appointed As Commissioner In Bayelsa (Photos) by Nobody: 9:22am On Feb 07, 2018
looks like a tout, congrats to him shs cool
Re: 33-Year-Old Ibarakumo Otobotekere Appointed As Commissioner In Bayelsa (Photos) by ufuosman(m): 9:23am On Feb 07, 2018
Congrats to him
Re: 33-Year-Old Ibarakumo Otobotekere Appointed As Commissioner In Bayelsa (Photos) by amokeme(f): 9:24am On Feb 07, 2018
priceaction:
just ask, how is his father or mother? You think naija politicians will just go to the street and pick someone?
It doesn't matter who they are, he is young and let's hope he uses his position positively, that's what matters. At least, youth leadership will start from somewhere.
Re: 33-Year-Old Ibarakumo Otobotekere Appointed As Commissioner In Bayelsa (Photos) by LordAdam16: 9:25am On Feb 07, 2018
Alajiki:
Pathetic story of my country. A 33-year-old is considered very young as a commissioner? Really?! Yeah, It calls for jubilation in a country where you must be 50 years and above to be considered for a political appointment. SMH

Oga, na small small.

Pikin wen go waka must first crawl.

And by the way, we should all call for restructuring. Because youth or no youth, with the current system, corruption and inefficiency in government with remain. I certainly hope he brings some measure of progress.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: 33-Year-Old Ibarakumo Otobotekere Appointed As Commissioner In Bayelsa (Photos) by KrocAce(m): 9:25am On Feb 07, 2018
Its a good development, he should lead by example and work hard to create more open doors for the youth.
Re: 33-Year-Old Ibarakumo Otobotekere Appointed As Commissioner In Bayelsa (Photos) by baralatie(m): 9:26am On Feb 07, 2018
AnodaIT:
Meanwhile 35 years olds on nairaland are jumping upandawn with bbnaija
Re: 33-Year-Old Ibarakumo Otobotekere Appointed As Commissioner In Bayelsa (Photos) by debolayinka(m): 9:32am On Feb 07, 2018
ishowdotgmail:
Believe me he's going to misbehave very soon.
Bad belle, is it your misbehave?

Re: 33-Year-Old Ibarakumo Otobotekere Appointed As Commissioner In Bayelsa (Photos) by ishowdotgmail(m): 9:33am On Feb 07, 2018
debolayinka:

Bad belle, is it your misbehave?
am well concerned ni
Re: 33-Year-Old Ibarakumo Otobotekere Appointed As Commissioner In Bayelsa (Photos) by uu2712: 9:36am On Feb 07, 2018
Ibarakumo my dear, my heart is filled with joy with the news that your state has found you worthy to hold the candle for the much awaited new leadership in Nigeria. I know that they will be opportunity to meet you personally , but you wish to note as follows :
1. That yours is a rare opportunity that you must endeavor to understand
2. That you must take a cool headed posture and ruminate on what you plan to achieve. Then focus on a meaningful flow of your plan.
3. That you avoid the usual frivolities and partying of the Niger Delta youths.We have suffered several losses in the hands of opportunists.Always remembered that you a clear and straight forward political lane for the 50 years , but you must be deliberate in keeping and maintaining the lane.
4. Do not be carried away by what your friends want , but always be willing , ready and prepared to present , confront and counter opinions with superior arguments.
5. Equip yourself with convincing and meaningful arguments at all times , this will leave only those who mean well for all of us with you.
6. At your age , you should forget about accumulating wealth for now but prepare for tomorrow so that our people will smile for once.

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: 33-Year-Old Ibarakumo Otobotekere Appointed As Commissioner In Bayelsa (Photos) by japhethGold: 9:36am On Feb 07, 2018
Congratulations my brother. Please youth the revolution has begun, let us rise up and seize this opportunity and rebuild our country. Vie for political elections, don't let the cost of form prescribed by INEC intimidate us. There is hope if youth starts getting into leadership.
Re: 33-Year-Old Ibarakumo Otobotekere Appointed As Commissioner In Bayelsa (Photos) by Codeblues(m): 9:46am On Feb 07, 2018
I can bet it that most of the people/close associates are not looking at what he can offer to the state rather they are thinking of how they too will share/loot from the state cake.
Re: 33-Year-Old Ibarakumo Otobotekere Appointed As Commissioner In Bayelsa (Photos) by Nakuza(m): 9:46am On Feb 07, 2018
Wow. This is just lovely to behold. I tap into this grace of appointment.
Re: 33-Year-Old Ibarakumo Otobotekere Appointed As Commissioner In Bayelsa (Photos) by QUOTATION: 9:49am On Feb 07, 2018
How could this be the youth we want to represent us when they are all drunk...pathetic
Re: 33-Year-Old Ibarakumo Otobotekere Appointed As Commissioner In Bayelsa (Photos) by debolayinka(m): 10:03am On Feb 07, 2018
ishowdotgmail:

am well concerned ni
Let's hope he doesn't. You see sometimes they actually don't intend to, but these godfathers that got them there want them to fulfil their corrupt biddings.
Re: 33-Year-Old Ibarakumo Otobotekere Appointed As Commissioner In Bayelsa (Photos) by ngwababe(f): 10:32am On Feb 07, 2018
Campari and Heineken, best drinks, good combo!
Re: 33-Year-Old Ibarakumo Otobotekere Appointed As Commissioner In Bayelsa (Photos) by bladeAnders(m): 11:14am On Feb 07, 2018
all the best bro, pls try not to be like kogi state Governor...
Re: 33-Year-Old Ibarakumo Otobotekere Appointed As Commissioner In Bayelsa (Photos) by backspaced(f): 11:20am On Feb 07, 2018
Vacancy!Vacancy!!Vacancy!!!

Sales Executive – Supermarket Solutions

A well-established company, and a pioneer in the field of supermarket solutions, is looking for Sales Executives. You would identify new and upcoming supermarkets, understand the client’s requirements, coordinate with the design dept., and ensure timely execution.

Total experience of 8-10 years, with good market knowledge, preferably someone working in modern trade with an FMCG company, with existing network and good relationships in the modern trade segment.

Immediate hire, attractive package.

Send CV to recruiter@elevantix.com
Re: 33-Year-Old Ibarakumo Otobotekere Appointed As Commissioner In Bayelsa (Photos) by Ladymacbee(f): 11:20am On Feb 07, 2018
[quote author=NEIGHBOUR post=64855791]

Was shocked too!!! 33 years old still an undergraduate!!! He has tried.[/quote

And so what? You that was opportuned to go to school early, how far?
Rubbish!!
Re: 33-Year-Old Ibarakumo Otobotekere Appointed As Commissioner In Bayelsa (Photos) by Ladymacbee(f): 11:22am On Feb 07, 2018
NEIGHBOUR:

Was shocked too!!! 33 years old still an undergraduate!!! He has tried.

And so what??
Re: 33-Year-Old Ibarakumo Otobotekere Appointed As Commissioner In Bayelsa (Photos) by 4pppp(m): 11:52am On Feb 07, 2018
is a welcome development, federal government should follow suit
Re: 33-Year-Old Ibarakumo Otobotekere Appointed As Commissioner In Bayelsa (Photos) by jobbers: 1:15pm On Feb 07, 2018
family appointment

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

#Onnoghen: Lawyers Ignore NBA Boycott Order / Nigeria’s Brutal Decision: Former Dictator Or Alleged Kleptocrat - Bloomberg / Ambode Congratulates Sanwo-olu – #lagosdecides2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.