Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,153 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

My Corolla Is Consuming Fuel - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Corolla Is Consuming Fuel (18814 Views)

My Corolla 2005 Is Consuming Fuel / Do This When Your Car Is Consuming Fuel / These Are 7 Possible Reasons Why Your Car Is Consuming Excess Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Corolla Is Consuming Fuel by eherbal(m): 6:41pm On Jun 29, 2020
anyibig:

Oohh yes... Sorry for the late reply, turns out the fuel I bought from Nnpc in okota Road lagos was rubbish, had to fill my tank again in petrocam again and I got 260miles when the fuel gauge was on empty. My friend said I can still drive it for another 10miles or so, but I don't want to risk damaging my fuel pump by avoiding it pumping dirts from the fuel tank. Also I fill my tank from E-F with ₦6,000 which is like 50ltrs of fuel. Don't know if that's a good fuel economy or I should be worried��
you're doing very well bro.no cause for alarm, especially if you're driving under Lagos harsh conditions.dont forget to service your cars with synthetic oil.
Re: My Corolla Is Consuming Fuel by Conductor261: 7:03pm On Jun 29, 2020
anyibig:

Oohh yes... Sorry for the late reply, turns out the fuel I bought from Nnpc in okota Road lagos was rubbish, had to fill my tank again in petrocam again and I got 260miles when the fuel gauge was on empty. My friend said I can still drive it for another 10miles or so, but I don't want to risk damaging my fuel pump by avoiding it pumping dirts from the fuel tank. Also I fill my tank from E-F with ₦6,000 which is like 50ltrs of fuel. Don't know if that's a good fuel economy or I should be worried��

In serious hold up. Your car should run 13km/litre....

In combined cycle that is mixed highway and hold up driving 15km/litre

On full highway 17km/litre

Let's use the worst value of 13km/litre... This means 650km to 50 litres..

But you're getting 418km that is 260miles.

Is your fuel economy okay?

Re: My Corolla Is Consuming Fuel by anyibig: 1:24pm On Jun 30, 2020
Conductor261:

In serious hold up. Your car should run 13km/litre....

In combined cycle that is mixed highway and hold up driving 15km/litre

On full highway 17km/litre

Let's use the worst value of 13km/litre... This means 650km to 50 litres..

But you're getting 418km that is 260miles.

Is your fuel economy okay?
Thanks so much for this chief. Please what can I do to get maximum fuel economy, at least 90% of it. I've changed my oil to recommended engine oil which is 5w-30, cleaned the engine air filter and engine air filter, although when I got the car, the oil inside was 20w-50. Please advice me. Thanks
Re: My Corolla Is Consuming Fuel by anyibig: 1:27pm On Jun 30, 2020
eherbal:
you're doing very well bro.no cause for alarm, especially if you're driving under Lagos harsh conditions.dont forget to service your cars with synthetic oil.
Thanks chief. I plan to service it every 6months or 5,000 miles with synthetic oil. But the fuel consumption still bothers me anyways, although I use my ac through out my driving, sometimes heater during rainy days. Do you think my fuel consumption is OK?
Re: My Corolla Is Consuming Fuel by Conductor261: 2:49pm On Jun 30, 2020
anyibig:

Thanks so much for this chief. Please what can I do to get maximum fuel economy, at least 90% of it. I've changed my oil to recommended engine oil which is 5w-30, cleaned the engine air filter and engine air filter, although when I got the car, the oil inside was 20w-50. Please advice me. Thanks
Nurey and kingreign may be better to advice you
Re: My Corolla Is Consuming Fuel by sheu01: 3:55pm On Jun 30, 2020
anyibig:

Thanks chief. I plan to service it every 6months or 5,000 miles with synthetic oil. But the fuel consumption still bothers me anyways, although I use my ac through out my driving, sometimes heater during rainy days. Do you think my fuel consumption is OK?

To me its okay with full AC throughout your driving. Pls note that u still have fuel in your tank but u dnt want to risk your fuel filter.
Re: My Corolla Is Consuming Fuel by eherbal(m): 5:13pm On Jun 30, 2020
anyibig:

you're in the clear sir. just ease on the throttle and brakes bro.
Re: My Corolla Is Consuming Fuel by anyibig: 5:28pm On Jun 30, 2020
sheu01:

To me its okay with full AC throughout your driving. Pls note that u still have fuel in your tank but u dnt want to risk your fuel filter.
Thank you. Really appreciate.
Re: My Corolla Is Consuming Fuel by anyibig: 5:30pm On Jun 30, 2020
eherbal:
you're in the clear sir. just ease on the throttle and brakes bro.
I don't actually speed that much, highest I go is 80km/h which is mainly on 3rd MB.
Re: My Corolla Is Consuming Fuel by DonnyE(m): 4:58am On Aug 07, 2020
anyibig:
Also I changed my oil and oil filter, I used the recommended 5w-30 full synthetic and also cleaned my engine air filter and cabin air filter. I also have my mechanic check my plugs and he said nothing is wronged with it, Infact it's still new, he just cleaned it and put it back.
Get your air flow sensor clean with the recommended CRC fluid.
Re: My Corolla Is Consuming Fuel by Fabbyboy: 8:20am On Sep 27, 2020
Please help!!! My 2012 corolla came with Cold air intake. This was as a result if modification done to the car by the first user in US. This actually done to replace the regular air filter in corolla, Therefore producing a very deep sound like powerbike. My question is would this have much effect on my MPG.. i mean would it be consuming more fuel? And if yes what do you suggest i do??

Re: My Corolla Is Consuming Fuel by weyreypey: 8:40am On Sep 27, 2020
pannyman:
Your car's mileage is very poor indeed for a Corolla. Try and fix it as soon as possible. The cost of repair will definitely be offset by what you will save by burning less fuel. I drive a 2007 4-cylinder Camry and 35 litres takes me close to 190 miles, all within the city and with AC.

Just get it scanned and what ever needs to be replaced should be brand new and genuine. Good luck.
Hmmmm
Re: My Corolla Is Consuming Fuel by abumeinben(m): 11:18am On Oct 02, 2020
mayor2013:

If you are in Lagos bring in your ride for a free diagnosis

Boss your help needed plenty o.

Corolla 05

Engine light is on.

No thermostat.

Not sure if catalytic converter.

Use an average of 2k from Ikeja to Ota (Covenant University) and back. It's all well?
Re: My Corolla Is Consuming Fuel by Gherrokid(m): 1:06am On Oct 22, 2022
Justbright:

I will do just back and update u guyz on d situation....I really appreciate everyone Dat has really helped me one way or d other on dis issue...God bless u

Did you eventually resolve the issue, what was the RCA? I'm experiencing the same issue with 2003 Corolla. Your feedback will be much appreciated
Re: My Corolla Is Consuming Fuel by temmym4(m): 11:34pm On Oct 23, 2022
Justbright:

As at dis morning,d fuel gauge light has come up and d total kilometer is about 135km with 34.5litres of fuel worth 5000naira

That's roughly 3.9KM per Litre. This is seriously shocking especially for a Corolla. Something is definitely wrong.
Re: My Corolla Is Consuming Fuel by holykezi: 12:28pm On Nov 17, 2022
I think Mechanics want to kill me. I've a 2016 corolla s plus with cvt. My full tank carries me max 4 days, my routine is 12km to and from school in morning, another 12km by noon. Total 24km or max 35km daily. My catalyst is new, yet i keep getting p0240 code, haven't changed oxygen sensor yet though. Also, those with experience, how much does a cvt gearbox cost?
Re: My Corolla Is Consuming Fuel by aieromon(m): 9:07pm On Nov 20, 2022
holykezi:
I think Mechanics want to kill me. I've a 2016 corolla s plus with cvt. My full tank carries me max 4 days, my routine is 12km to and from school in morning, another 12km by noon. Total 24km or max 35km daily. My catalyst is new, yet i keep getting p0240 code, haven't changed oxygen sensor yet though. Also, those with experience, how much does a cvt gearbox cost?

Our poor fuel mix might have compromised the catalytic converter. You can install a spacer to take care of the p0420 code.

As for the fuel consumption, run a scan first.
Re: My Corolla Is Consuming Fuel by rukyboy(m): 2:28pm On Nov 25, 2022
aieromon:

Our poor fuel mix might have compromised the catalytic converter. You can install a spacer to take care of the p0420 code.

As for the fuel consumption, run a scan first.

Can I get your WhatsApp number to chat you pls. You seem very knowledgeable about cars. I'm having issues with CAT and o2 sensors on my Honda accord. I'm hoping you can give me some ideas

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lamborghini Builds It’s 8,000th Huracan In Just 3 Years. / This Is Audi's 1st Electric Car,2019 E-tron SUV Will Go 250mi On A Single Charge / 2013 Nissan Altima VS Toyota Camry VS Honda Accord (Pics), What Is Your Pick?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.