Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) (51296 Views)

Pictures Of The 100-Year-Old ‘Odan’ Tree That Fell In Oyo & Killed 4 Persons / FG Removes 7% Waiver On Aircraft, Spares / Lagos State Ferry Service Set To Kick Off (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) by Wesporting: 3:43pm On Feb 07, 2018
The management of Dana Air has reacted to news going round on social media said the door of its aircraft fell off because a passenger attempted to open it.
DANA Air today debunked falsehood alleging that the door of one of its aircraft fell off after landing and whilst taxing in Abuja earlier today.

Some online publications had started posting reports that the door of one of the airline’s aircraft fell off but stated that the allegations were not only untrue and damaging but categorically could never have happened without a conscious effort to open it.

By design, the emergency exit door of our aircraft are plug-type backed by pressure, which ordinary cannot fall off without tampering or conscious effort to open by a crew member or passenger.

A statement by Dana Air of the alleged incident read,”We wish to state categorically that this could never have happened without a conscious effort by a passenger to open it.”

“By design, the emergency exit door of our aircraft are plug-type backed by pressure, which ordinary cannot fall off without tampering or conscious effort to open by a crew member or passenger.”

“We also wish to enlighten the author that, when an aircraft is airborne, it is fully pressurized and there was no way the seat or door could have been ‘shaking’ as insinuated.”

“A thorough inspection was however carried out on the said aircraft upon landing in Abuja, by our engineers and a team from the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), and no issue was reported. There was also no threat to safety at any point.”

“The flight was only delayed for 8 minutes as we needed to demonstrate to the regulators that the safety and comfort of our guests is at the centre of our operations.”

“We wish to apologize to our guests for any inconvenience such report may have caused and for the slight delay on the return service to Lagos.”

“A thorough investigation of the concerned passenger is ongoing.
As one of the oldest and most experienced airline in Nigeria, we remain committed to global best practices. “

via http://mandynews.com/2018/02/07/dana-air-speaks-on-aircraft-door-that-fell-off-photos/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) by stefanweeks: 3:48pm On Feb 07, 2018
Hmmm

so were the passengers liars?

Nothing works in this shi*hole

17 Likes

Re: Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) by Khd95(m): 3:49pm On Feb 07, 2018
Dana aircraft again... the other time it was tyre.. now door

8 Likes

Re: Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) by nairavsdollars(f): 4:19pm On Feb 07, 2018
DANA AIR = FLYING COFFIN. These people have refused to learn their lessons

11 Likes

Re: Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) by wildchild02: 4:19pm On Feb 07, 2018
Re: Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) by Fireson: 4:19pm On Feb 07, 2018
This flying graveyard ! angry

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) by Aieboocaar(m): 4:20pm On Feb 07, 2018
Of course as expected!!!
The PR Department in every company must always refute claims!!... THAT'S WHY THEY ARE PAID THOUSANDS OF NAIRA FOR

#DanaWitchCraft

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) by Burger01(m): 4:20pm On Feb 07, 2018
DanaAir...

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 07, 2018
lolzzz. Jehovah, I can't jux believe this poo. after the poo, the idiots still wanna confuse the public with grammar. 9ja

5 Likes

Re: Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) by sleemfesh: 4:21pm On Feb 07, 2018
We shouldn't be listening to the airline operator. They can never come up and say it is their fault.

It is the regulator that should be speaking on this issue and we take it as nearly true.

NCAA must come up with a release to make this thing official.

5 Likes

Re: Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) by sunnysunny69(m): 4:21pm On Feb 07, 2018
Holly jezz
Re: Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 07, 2018
Hmmm..... Really really no be by force to fly dana. If govt is turning blind eye simply boy cott the killer carrier

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) by hezy4real01(m): 4:21pm On Feb 07, 2018
Dana again!! Just when I taught u guys are trying now, una door fell off again chai

6 Likes

Re: Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) by datopaper(m): 4:21pm On Feb 07, 2018
The social media second name is DAMAGING
Re: Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 07, 2018
stefanweeks:
Hmmm
so were the passengers liars?
Nothing works in this shi*hole
End time aeroplane
Re: Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) by Fagbonand(m): 4:22pm On Feb 07, 2018
� �,
Re: Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) by handsomeyinka(m): 4:23pm On Feb 07, 2018
Re: Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) by handsomeyinka(m): 4:23pm On Feb 07, 2018
I just wish there's an emergency exit door in the Nigerian government so we can push out BUHARI.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) by Bemby69(m): 4:23pm On Feb 07, 2018
So why didn't Dana explain same to the passengers on that aircraft? That could have saved all this hoopla!
Re: Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) by stagger: 4:23pm On Feb 07, 2018
Too many air passengers are ignorant. Just the way I overheard one saying loudly that it was better to fly in the daytime than in the night so the pilot could see properly. I nearly fell off my seat in laughter. The guy obviously does not know that aircraft are flown with instruments and pilots have to be instrument-rated to fly commercial airlines.

9 Likes

Re: Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) by ednut1(m): 4:23pm On Feb 07, 2018
cheesy
Re: Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) by Burger01(m): 4:23pm On Feb 07, 2018
wildchild02:
Issokay
What's okay there

It's not okay rara.... at all at all angry
Re: Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) by saydfact(m): 4:23pm On Feb 07, 2018
THANK God for safety
Re: Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) by VeniJu: 4:24pm On Feb 07, 2018
what a bus can do, a plane can do beta.
we've seen busses shuttling with one door open or spoilt. Dana Air just want to try the plane version. But they need a conductor.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) by KrystosCJ(m): 4:24pm On Feb 07, 2018
Ban Dana Air and scrap them off. They still trying to talk smart over a potentially dangerous incident that may have been caused by oversight in maintenance.

Bleep Dana Air!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:24pm On Feb 07, 2018
Whether there is conscious effort to open the door or not, it is true that the door fell off. Then, do the needful.

4 Likes

Re: Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) by MrHighSea: 4:26pm On Feb 07, 2018
Always at the defensive.

Passive biz killer

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) by abike12(f): 4:27pm On Feb 07, 2018
I'm not buying this
Re: Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) by rezzy: 4:30pm On Feb 07, 2018
Wonderful
Re: Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) by andymofia(m): 4:30pm On Feb 07, 2018
Total bullshit. I can never fly Dana. Give me a business class ticket, I won't accept. With red colors here and there.

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Speaks On Aircraft Door That Fell Off (photos) by Naijacost22: 4:31pm On Feb 07, 2018
Are you kidding me? So we shouldn't be alarmed? If the door fell off a moving car will you not panic? More so a Freaking Plane. Men This is crazy. What if someone was leaning on the door when it fell off? You guys are out of your mind i swear.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Arthur Eze Flyover In Ebonyi Under Construction / Car Carrying Entire Family Veers Off The Road,lands Into River In Imo(pics) / Dispatch Rider Thrills Motorists On 3rd Mainland Bridge: Pictures & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.