Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,768 members, 7,827,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

"Pastor Said He Will Use Sex To Heal Me!!!"---congregation Member - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Pastor Said He Will Use Sex To Heal Me!!!"---congregation Member (393 Views)

A Pastor Said I Was A Witch Because Of My Big Eyeballs During Deliverance - Lady / "What My Mother's Pastor Said About Dangote That Made Me Walk Out Of Church" / Daddy Freeze: "Pastor Said I Will Die In 24 Months Over Tithe, Free The Sheeple" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"Pastor Said He Will Use Sex To Heal Me!!!"---congregation Member by Niflheim(m): 4:23pm On Feb 07, 2018
A San Diego woman claimed her former pastor tricked her into sex by claiming it would heal her post-traumatic stress disorder — and the pair filed dueling lawsuits against one another. Amy McClanahan and John Wright each filed lawsuits Jan. 16 admitting to a sexual relationship that from fall 2016 until October 2017 — but their accounts differed from there, reported KGTV-TV.

The 24-year-old McClanahan says Wright, then a pastor at Mid-City Church of the Nazarene, singled her out because she was “vulnerable.” She alleges Wright offered to help heal her PTSD related to childhood sexual abuse, and they started meeting privately in 2016 — and the suit claims their relationship progressed from holding hands to kissing and then to sex.

“He would say it was healing for me, healing my past trauma,” she told the TV station. “I foolishly believed him.”

Wright also taught theology at Point Loma Nazarene University, which was not named in McClanahan’s lawsuit, but when asked about the suit a university spokeswoman said a complaint was filed against a faculty member in November. Outside experts hired by the university investigated the complaint, which was filed under Title IX, and McClanahan said she was prohibited by law from discussing the matter.

Her lawsuit alleges sexual battery, rape, gender violence, sexual harassment and negligent supervision of the pastor.

Wright, whose wife is also a pastor at Nazarene, claims in his suit that the sex was consensual, and he said McClanahan had illegally recorded confidential information and intentionally inflicted emotional distress.

The pastor said McClanahan agreed to keep their relationship secret, and he says he broke things off in October after she asked for an open relationship.

Wright’s suit claims McClanahan illegally recorded a screen shot of his nude genitals and threatened his wife that she would make the photo public. She also allegedly recorded a conversation with Wright’s wife about the sexual relationship with her husband, according to the suit.

Wright claims McClanahan was seeking revenge for the breakup, but the woman’s attorney said she was a victim.

“He’s a wolf in sheep’s clothing,” said attorney Dan Gilleon. “He duped her into thinking he could somehow heal her and she went along with it, and in the process somehow got horribly injured.”

The link:...............................................https://www.rawstory.com/2018/02/woman-claims-pastor-promised-heal-ptsd-sex-hes-wolf-sheeps-clothing/#.Wnn-eSfboSQ.reddit

Re: "Pastor Said He Will Use Sex To Heal Me!!!"---congregation Member by newyorks(m): 4:25pm On Feb 07, 2018
:-(smiley
Re: "Pastor Said He Will Use Sex To Heal Me!!!"---congregation Member by petra1(m): 5:14pm On Feb 07, 2018
A minister need to be discipline . Satan will send opposite sex to destroy you and claim to be victims . Also some Women who have genuine emotional issue may get emotionally attached to whoever shows genuine care to them . If the man is not trained in Counselling he may take it as a genuine affection. And fall . Best thing to do when handling such case , let another lady be involved . From studies such emotional women don’t like other women handling them they always feel more comfortable with opposite Sex . That’s where the problem is . Sometimes when the pastor handles such a person to the wife , they feel rejected and leave the church . You have skillfully make the female like the female counselor who is assigned to help them .

(1) (Reply)

UK: Christ Embassy Bankrupt, Unable To Pay Debts / Difference Between Rapture And Second Coming Of Christ / Waliyy Of A Christain Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.