Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,902 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

African Migrants In Israel Opt For Jail Over Deportation - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / African Migrants In Israel Opt For Jail Over Deportation (22136 Views)

African Migrants Hiding Inside Dashboard And Engine / Nigerian Migrants In Germany To Be Deported On Monday / Some Dangerous Ways African Migrants Illegally Enter Europe [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

African Migrants In Israel Opt For Jail Over Deportation by ichommy(m): 5:12pm On Feb 07, 2018
[img]https://3.bp..com/-3EKAB1-OkIw/Wnq1QSNqJ7I/AAAAAAAD6eo/hNNFWelwcL8mcKPVMAx6BnztoE6FDuCqwCLcBGAs/s1600/migrants.png[/img]

Those who choose to leave by the end of March are being offered a cash incentive of $3,500.

The plan has drawn criticism from the United Nations' refugee agency as well as some in Israel, including Holocaust survivors who say the country has a special duty to protect migrants.

Eritreans at Holot say Rwanda and Uganda hold no prospects for them, and they'd rather be imprisoned in Israel than embark on another journey into the unknown.

At a detention centre in Israel's Negev desert, African migrants facing deportation say they would rather be imprisoned than sent to a country they know nothing about.

"I won't go there," Abda Ishmael, a 28-year-old Eritrean, said in excellent Hebrew outside Holot, an open facility housing some 1,200 migrants and set to be shut down on April 1 as part of the government's expulsion policy.

"Guys who were here and went to Rwanda and Uganda -- we saw what happened to them."

Israel is working to expel thousands of Eritreans and Sudanese who entered illegally over the years, giving them an ultimatum: leave by April 1 or risk being imprisoned indefinitely.

As the migrants could face danger or imprisonment if returned to their homelands, Israel is offering to relocate them to an unnamed third country, which aid workers say is Rwanda or Uganda.

http://www.emmanuelbabatunde.com/2018/02/african-migrants-in-israel-opt-for-jail.html

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: African Migrants In Israel Opt For Jail Over Deportation by ayoncox: 6:03pm On Feb 07, 2018
ahahaahahaaahaha
Re: African Migrants In Israel Opt For Jail Over Deportation by Nobody: 7:54pm On Feb 07, 2018
Simply means living in jail there is far better than living in their country

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: African Migrants In Israel Opt For Jail Over Deportation by tobtap: 7:54pm On Feb 07, 2018
cool cool cool

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Migrants In Israel Opt For Jail Over Deportation by drey076(m): 7:55pm On Feb 07, 2018
/
Re: African Migrants In Israel Opt For Jail Over Deportation by Built2last: 7:55pm On Feb 07, 2018
Before you criticize the Country's authority. They said they entered illegally. About 15% of people in core north Nigeria are from Chad and Niger Republic. They cause harvoc and we can't help it. I don't support illegality.

On the other hand.

Check out European prisons on Youtube, compare it with the living conditions of most Africans. You will understand their choice.

93 Likes 10 Shares

Re: African Migrants In Israel Opt For Jail Over Deportation by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 07, 2018
the hustle is real shocked

3 Likes

Re: African Migrants In Israel Opt For Jail Over Deportation by adenine02: 7:56pm On Feb 07, 2018

Promise Land no longer look promising

15 Likes

Re: African Migrants In Israel Opt For Jail Over Deportation by trulygirl: 7:56pm On Feb 07, 2018
Poverty is a disease

13 Likes

Re: African Migrants In Israel Opt For Jail Over Deportation by Godswillnwaoma(m): 7:56pm On Feb 07, 2018
I will not and will never blame them, cus Africa especially Nigeria is synonymous to hell.

Our past and present leaders will never go unpunished, I repeat, they will never go unpunished.

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: African Migrants In Israel Opt For Jail Over Deportation by UncleJudax(m): 7:56pm On Feb 07, 2018
Africa! Shithole continent.

Flooded with useless, thoughtless and myopic leaders

33 Likes

Re: African Migrants In Israel Opt For Jail Over Deportation by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 07, 2018
My Isreal, why na?
Re: African Migrants In Israel Opt For Jail Over Deportation by BruncleZuma: 7:56pm On Feb 07, 2018
My previous comments still stands...I yield the floor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Migrants In Israel Opt For Jail Over Deportation by drips8(m): 7:57pm On Feb 07, 2018
the immigrants don't want to come back to the shithole

10 Likes

Re: African Migrants In Israel Opt For Jail Over Deportation by bewla(m): 7:57pm On Feb 07, 2018
ask ojinba
Re: African Migrants In Israel Opt For Jail Over Deportation by Xeedorf: 7:58pm On Feb 07, 2018
It's not a funny issue anymore.
Mother land become to HELL

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Migrants In Israel Opt For Jail Over Deportation by toluxa1(m): 7:59pm On Feb 07, 2018
Dem dey fear Buhari and em people. At least AC, 247 electricity, TV, good food is readily available in an Israeli prison.

https://www.nairaland.com/4279532/mint-like-new-samsung-galaxy

2 Likes

Re: African Migrants In Israel Opt For Jail Over Deportation by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 07, 2018
We are finally there.....
Re: African Migrants In Israel Opt For Jail Over Deportation by fSociety: 7:59pm On Feb 07, 2018
tobtap:
am a christian..but the present isreal govt. is filled with racists and right-wing politicians

Says someone who has never stepped foot on an airplane before.

22 Likes

Re: African Migrants In Israel Opt For Jail Over Deportation by Nigeriadondie: 7:59pm On Feb 07, 2018
desreek9:
Simply means living in jail there is far better than living in their country, smh embarassed
Including your country

1 Like

Re: African Migrants In Israel Opt For Jail Over Deportation by mudiana(m): 7:59pm On Feb 07, 2018
God how did you create us Africans na. If those we entrusted leadership do what they should do, shey someone will prefer prison to his/her own country. Shame on every leader of Africa. Shame on us too for not holding them accountable.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: African Migrants In Israel Opt For Jail Over Deportation by cristianisraeli: 8:00pm On Feb 07, 2018
eritreans are lazy kids that ran away from their country because of mandatory military service(in israel everyone serves in the military) and for the sudanese i can understand theres a war in the home country.however..the state of isreal is a jewish state and it must remain so.let us allow the only jewish country in the world to be jewish..we have muslims countries and christian countries.allow israel to be a jewish state.if you want to migrate and be a refugee follow the right process..they are all economic migrants.the world is tired of migrants.israel have harsh policies and they can racially profile you..do not blame them..if you know the story of israel you will understand..we have many nigerians living in the state of israel peacefully.fix your shitholes!!!

note all the refugees are able bodied men...no women and children..just like the syrian migrant that ran to germany..all men and the women are fighting back in syria

9 Likes

Re: African Migrants In Israel Opt For Jail Over Deportation by shekauvsbuhari: 8:04pm On Feb 07, 2018
Its an irony that Jesus the love preacher is a Jew and his people are about the most racist on earth.

3 Likes

Re: African Migrants In Israel Opt For Jail Over Deportation by Lilimax(f): 8:05pm On Feb 07, 2018
Buhari oooooo ooooo shocked shocked shocked
Re: African Migrants In Israel Opt For Jail Over Deportation by jobonnairaland: 8:06pm On Feb 07, 2018
ichommy:
[img]https://3.bp..com/-3EKAB1-OkIw/Wnq1QSNqJ7I/AAAAAAAD6eo/hNNFWelwcL8mcKPVMAx6BnztoE6FDuCqwCLcBGAs/s1600/migrants.png[/img]

Those who choose to leave by the end of March are being offered a cash incentive of $3,500.

The plan has drawn criticism from the United Nations' refugee agency as well as some in Israel, including Holocaust survivors who say the country has a special duty to protect migrants.

Eritreans at Holot say Rwanda and Uganda hold no prospects for them, and they'd rather be imprisoned in Israel than embark on another journey into the unknown.

At a detention centre in Israel's Negev desert, African migrants facing deportation say they would rather be imprisoned than sent to a country they know nothing about.

"I won't go there," Abda Ishmael, a 28-year-old Eritrean, said in excellent Hebrew outside Holot, an open facility housing some 1,200 migrants and set to be shut down on April 1 as part of the government's expulsion policy.

"Guys who were here and went to Rwanda and Uganda -- we saw what happened to them."

Israel is working to expel thousands of Eritreans and Sudanese who entered illegally over the years, giving them an ultimatum: leave by April 1 or risk being imprisoned indefinitely.

As the migrants could face danger or imprisonment if returned to their homelands, Israel is offering to relocate them to an unnamed third country, which aid workers say is Rwanda or Uganda.

http://www.emmanuelbabatunde.com/2018/02/african-migrants-in-israel-opt-for-jail.html

What a shame! Seems like Africans don't value their continent anymore. So they prefer to go to jail out there.

1 Like

Re: African Migrants In Israel Opt For Jail Over Deportation by Philinho(m): 8:06pm On Feb 07, 2018
I think Israeli jail will be better than Nigeria in Buhari's government . Pls prove me wrong

6 Likes

Re: African Migrants In Israel Opt For Jail Over Deportation by Fellywood(m): 8:06pm On Feb 07, 2018
tobtap:
am a christian..but the present isreal govt. is filled with racists and right-wing politicians
You are not a Christian. If you were you will know that illegal entry into any country is wrong. They are even offering each $3500, where else would they do that? Am a Christian my foot. Your people are the ones causing all the trouble all over the world.

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: African Migrants In Israel Opt For Jail Over Deportation by redangel2017: 8:07pm On Feb 07, 2018
Hehehehe if it were me.. I will do the same ;Dnigeria will even respect me the more when i come back from isrealis prison grin
Re: African Migrants In Israel Opt For Jail Over Deportation by Lilimax(f): 8:07pm On Feb 07, 2018
Philinho:
I think Israeli jail will be better than Nigeria in Buhari's government . Pls prove me wrong
Re: African Migrants In Israel Opt For Jail Over Deportation by omoadeleye(m): 8:08pm On Feb 07, 2018
later on they will be lamenting about hardship in foreign prison and requesting for their home govt help, una go rust there ni.

2 Likes

Re: African Migrants In Israel Opt For Jail Over Deportation by Nobody: 8:08pm On Feb 07, 2018
tobtap:
Did you not read the article? they entered Isreal ilegally! even here in England ilegals are been deported every day, Does that mean the British government is racist?

they are even offered $3500 to relocate voluntarily, how can that be Racist?

And Isrealis are not christians, they are Jews!

19 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

16 Travellers Burnt To Death, Two Injured In Enugu Fatal Accident / MMA: Thieves Breach Security, Steal Million-worth Lighting Components / 300 Men, 83 Women, Child Evacuated From UAE Arrive Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.