Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,444 members, 7,826,703 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Ostrich For Sale!!! - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Ostrich For Sale!!! (9874 Views)

5 Weeks Old Ostrich For Sale / Ostrich For Sale Per / 5 Weeks Old Ostrich For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ostrich For Sale!!! by AgentGoat: 7:30am On Aug 08, 2018
Are you kidding me?
Re: Ostrich For Sale!!! by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 08, 2018
I can't but laugh hard. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Why did you bring Ostrich to nairaland? Anyway, someone may contact you.

In 2014, I was in a meeting with a group of brains when Ostrich was brought up, and we eventually visited a farm which belonged to a general in the Nigerian army. Even I was told the eggs are used for a kind of vaccine and was so desirable in Europe at the time (a particular breed). The manager on the farm asked us to keep our keys well. Was told they swallow zinc anyhow. Cannot confirm if it is true till date.

Another cool cash venture is crocodile. These are areas meant for those who know about it.

To mainain Ostrich is so expensive. If you want to make your birds happy, you need to give them space to run. So, you can imagine having a bird which can run 70km/hr. grin And you must fence it round.

But to say a young pair is N650,000 is what I fear too. One needs to check market first. But what I know is that it is a multi- million business if you know about it. Not for just anybody. And I have not heard anyone advertise Ostrich like this. On nairaland? A beg, carry am go where people who know its worth are before your venture is mouthed down. But really, the way you sef dey do "shakara" is damn funny. OP, you wicked. And you are doing it so confidently. I cannot but laugh again. Even you got the attention of the big boss of nairaland. grin

Very lucrative business if you know the A to Z of it. Same with crocodile rearing. But are you kidding me? Make me keep crocodile near me? grin

Make a laugh again jare... grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ostrich For Sale!!! by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 11, 2018
fluentinfor:

In 2014, I was in a meeting with a group of brains when Ostrich was brought up, and we eventually visited a farm which belonged to a general in the Nigerian army. Even I was told the eggs are used for a kind of vaccine and was so desirable in Europe at the time (a particular breed). The manager on the farm asked us to keep our keys well. Was told they swallow zinc anyhow. Cannot confirm if it is true till date.

Another cool cash venture is crocodile. These are areas meant for those who know about it.

To mainain Ostrich is so expensive. If you want to make your birds happy, you need to give them space to run. So, you can imagine having a bird which can run 70km/hr. grin And you must fence it round.

But to say a young pair is N650,000 is what I fear too. One needs to check market first. But what I know is that it is a multi- million business if you know about it. Not for just anybody. And I have not heard anyone advertise Ostrich like this. On nairaland? A beg, carry am go where people who knows its worth are before your venture is mouthed down. But really, the way you sef dey do "shakara" is damn funny. OP, you wicked. And you are doing it so confidently. I cannot but laugh again. Even you got the attention of the big boss of nairaland. grin

Very lucrative business if you know the A to Z of it. Same with crocodile rearing. But are you kidding me? Make me keep crocodile near me? grin

na dat crocodile part sweet me
who deh sell
Re: Ostrich For Sale!!! by Tinkokomarket: 1:40pm On Aug 13, 2018
WOW....advertise your ostrich on www.tinkoko.com for free and let us connect you with buyers
Re: Ostrich For Sale!!! by adisabarber(m): 8:22pm On Aug 13, 2018
650k for ostrich. How much dem dey sell baby boy for all these baby factories? grin
Re: Ostrich For Sale!!! by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 13, 2018
adisabarber:
650k for ostrich. How much dem dey sell baby boy for all these baby factories? grin

Lol! How much is a full grown Ostrich itself? And how many kg of meat dem i'm body? E reach Cow?
Re: Ostrich For Sale!!! by adisabarber(m): 9:35pm On Aug 13, 2018
AryaSand:

Lol! How much is a full grown Ostrich itself? And how many kg of meat dem i'm body? E reach Cow?

I no even wan begin think how much full grown ostrich go be if 2 chicks na 650k. The adult go reach 10 million Naira. cheesy
Re: Ostrich For Sale!!! by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 13, 2018
adisabarber:

I no even wan begin think how much full grown ostrich go be if 2 chicks na 650k. The adult go reach 10 million Naira. cheesy
It is 650k per chick not 2.
Re: Ostrich For Sale!!! by pitchez: 10:25pm On Aug 14, 2018
AryaSand:

It is 650k per chick not 2.

Its actually 650k/pair of a male and female.

Sold though!
Re: Ostrich For Sale!!! by Asquare84(m): 5:14am On Aug 15, 2018
Major Abubakar dangiwa Umar has an ostrich farm in Kaduna his prices are not as high as what is quoted here
Re: Ostrich For Sale!!! by Asquare84(m): 5:15am On Aug 15, 2018
I remember an egg in Abubakar dangiwa Umar farm goes for 15,000
Re: Ostrich For Sale!!! by pitchez: 6:40am On Aug 15, 2018
Asquare84:
Major Abubakar dangiwa Umar has an ostrich farm in Kaduna his prices are not as high as what is quoted here

Yes, Ostriches hardly lay eggs during rainy seasons. By November, our prices will drop to N300-N400/pair.

We sell our fertile eggs for as low as N10,000 each sometimes. It all depends on season and availability
Re: Ostrich For Sale!!! by mejai(m): 6:35pm On Aug 15, 2018

But to say a young pair is N650,000 is what I fear too. One needs to check market first. But what I know is that it is a multi- million business if you know about it. Not for just anybody. And I have not heard anyone advertise Ostrich like this. On nairaland? A beg, carry am go where people who know its worth are before your venture is mouthed down. But really, the way you sef dey do "shakara" is damn funny. OP, you wicked. And you are doing it so confidently. I cannot but laugh again. Even you got the attention of the big boss of nairaland. grin

crocodile kwa? why will I train my killer?

@70km/hr, na escape be dat o grin
Re: Ostrich For Sale!!! by Nobody: 11:18pm On Aug 15, 2018
Benjaniblinks:
Jeez! 480k For Chicks?

as in looks like a highway robbery
Re: Ostrich For Sale!!! by Yhemit(m): 5:54am On Aug 16, 2018
Pipedreams:

as in looks like a highway robbery
Loolzzz if we look at ostrich bird, we're going to be talking about many things tho • Eating • Entertainment • Sporty lease • Research work • Excursion leisure
many more, but I fear the price o
Re: Ostrich For Sale!!! by Mlawal1019: 10:13am On Sep 28, 2018
Nobody what you are saying about ostrich is true but I know ostrich price depends on season and availability

(1) (2) (Reply)

Genetically Modified Pod-Borer Resistant Cowpea Approved In Nigeria / Quelea Quelea Bird Attack On My Ofada Rice Farm In 2017 / Starting A Livestock Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.